New Members Welcome-Introduce Yourself!

• Site Administrator

Thank you Robert!  

I need some guidance.  I would like to hear from professional, closeted married men, who have had the experience of finding their way out of the closet.  (My character David).  Where on this site would you suggest that I post such a request?  

As has been suggested, the Writer's Corner is the best place.

And, just for the record, my name has already been passed on and we're already exchanging emails :D

• Like 1

I just wanted to introduce myself.  I write under the name of Michael J. Banni and my actual name is John. I grew up in the mid-west.  While my life in the parochial schools I attended was rather uneventful, my tour in the US Navy couldn't be considered mundane as I was in the Submarine Service stationed on a submarine out of Pearl Harbor.  After the Navy, I spent many years in the computer industry engaged in program management before retiring from that line of work.

My next adventure began in 2010 when I entered the entertainment industry working on independent films.  Although I worked as a director, writer, producer, and general crew member, my real enjoyment came from acting.  I was featured in six feature films as well as many student films, short films, and many short videos for internet distribution.

My writing credentials include a number of computer related articles and white papers which were published in various technical publications and trade publications during the mid to late 1960's; writing and directing a short film "Man Can Cook"; writing a number of other short films; writing several "Smidgits" (short, 3 minutes or less, films that were for internet distribution); and writing the script for a feature length film that, while it has been discussed with several directors and some casting work has been completed, has not yet been produced.

Although I have published technical articles and white papers in technical publications, I have written only one fiction novel.  I joined GA to make connections with other first time authors as well as established authors.  Being a new author, I have a great deal to learn and, hopefully, being a member of GA will help me with my education in writing gay theamed fiction.

• Like 1

I just wanted to introduce myself.  I write under the name of Michael J. Banni and my actual name is John. I grew up in the mid-west.  While my life in the parochial schools I attended was rather uneventful, my tour in the US Navy couldn't be considered mundane as I was in the Submarine Service stationed on a submarine out of Pearl Harbor.  After the Navy, I spent many years in the computer industry engaged in program management before retiring from that line of work.

My next adventure began in 2010 when I entered the entertainment industry working on independent films.  Although I worked as a director, writer, producer, and general crew member, my real enjoyment came from acting.  I was featured in six feature films as well as many student films, short films, and many short videos for internet distribution.

My writing credentials include a number of computer related articles and white papers which were published in various technical publications and trade publications during the mid to late 1960's; writing and directing a short film "Man Can Cook"; writing a number of other short films; writing several "Smidgits" (short, 3 minutes or less, films that were for internet distribution); and writing the script for a feature length film that, while it has been discussed with several directors and some casting work has been completed, has not yet been produced.

Although I have published technical articles and white papers in technical publications, I have written only one fiction novel.  I joined GA to make connections with other first time authors as well as established authors.  Being a new author, I have a great deal to learn and, hopefully, being a member of GA will help me with my education in writing gay theamed fiction.

Awesome! And welcome. Lot's here to read, learn and share.

• Like 1

Ricky, Thanks for the welcome!  At this point, its mostly read and learn.  Even old dogs can lear new tricks (no pun intended)!

We all learn here. We leer a bit too! It's part of the experience. I left you a story lead on your profile feed

Well, I guess since I just made an account, now is a good time as any to introduce myself. I'm pretty much lost at this point in life, easily forget things, and am unsure about the future, at the moment I'm just going through the motions. However, at times I feel like I could do anything "moments of inspiration" so to speak. This inspiration comes from many things and places but mostly from stories, music, and shows. Which I feel is something I might want to do in the future. Anyways, I'm so fearful of how people will react, say or think, that I have distanced myself from such activities whether in public or at home. An example being my love for playing soccer, but cutting all ties with it after entering high school, using the excuse of keeping up with my "schooling". I haven't really been reading recently but I came across a story on this site and from that point on have ventured out to reading other stories by different authors.

I made an account so that I might be able to write some reviews for the stories I am reading and to learn more about you guys.

(I was interested in checking out the chat but had to post in this forum first, glad its set up that way though)

Thanks For Reading~

Edited by Lost In Thought
  • Like 3

Well, I guess since I just made an account, now is a good time as any to introduce myself. I'm pretty much lost at this point in life, easily forget things, and am unsure about the future, at the moment I'm just going through the motions. However, at times I feel like I could do anything "moments of inspiration" so to speak. This inspiration comes from many things and places but mostly from stories, music, and shows. Which I feel is something I might want to do in the future. Anyways, I'm so fearful of how people will react, say or think, that I have distanced myself from such activities whether in public or at home. An example being my love for playing soccer, but cutting all ties with it after entering high school, using the excuse of keeping up with my "schooling". I haven't really been reading recently but I came across a story on this site and from that point on have ventured out to reading other stories by different authors.

I made an account so that I might be able to write some reviews for the stories I am reading and to learn more about you guys.

(I was interested in checking out the chat but had to post in this forum first, glad its set up that way though)

Thanks For Reading~

Be welcome, we're all just like you here, trying to find our way. Relax and be welcome. This is your home online. We're glad you're here.

Hugs

• Like 1

Thanks For Reading~

Hello and welcome to GA! I´m sure you´ll find this a great place with a lot of friendly people  :boy:

• Like 1

Lost, get ready to have some fun!   This is a great group of folks, always interesting, and in terms of reading you'll have a hard time matching it anywhere!  Lots of different story types to choose from, and always interesting stuff in forums.

Dive in....you're gonna love it!  Glad you're here!

• Like 1

Hi! My name is Wes, and I'm a 20 year old from the U.S. I'm very excited to have joined this site!

Hi Wes, be welcome. Lot's of great guys and gals around here and from all walks of life. Thanks for making the place a little better.

Hey there Wes, I just joined recently as well, nice to meet you and glad to have you on the site as well

SEE! It's working already. And he's close to your age, that can't hurt. There are a lot of you youngsters around here. Enjoy! Both of you.

• Like 3
Guest mikell45

Glad to have found your site - enjoying the talent. Already spending far too much time here  :rolleyes:

Michael

Glad to have found your site - enjoying the talent. Already spending far too much time here  :rolleyes:

Michael

Hi mikell45 glad you're here. Lots of good folks and good reading. So kick your shoes off and sit back with a good read. Be Welcome!

Michael

Hello Michael and welcome to GA! I think many of us spend too much time here, but this is a fun place to be   :boy: