New Members Welcome-Introduce Yourself!

I am an author, and it is my intent to tell a good story.  I also happen to be gay, which is part of my worldview, and about which i have no intention of excluding from whatever i may write, but it is secondary to telling an interesting and readable story.  I have no agenda with regard to that part of my being.

I am old.  When I first felt attractions towards men, it was considered a mental disease, and doing anything so prompted was a felony.  I lived before, during and after HIV entered our lives, and have been to enough funerals to fill up several lifetimes.  However, I remember enough of their lives to know that it is my duty to remember, and I experienced enough of their joy to refuse to change my sadness to bitterness.

Introducing myself seems to me mostly an exercise in vanity, but it is an ordeal that may not be too painful to the reader.  In my youth, i received a PhD in biochemistry, and for thirty five years i did basic and clinical research.  I am also a trained lapidary and certified emergency medical technical, and furthermore have worked for a year as a dealer in fine arts and antiques, and a year and a half as an armed security guard.  I have published dozens of technical articles, have five patents, and have written five technical books.  I have also published a gay novel as an e-book, with pleasant revenues in its first year of sales.  

On this site, I would like to publish 3 more novels which are already done, and use that as an incentive to finish a fourth.  My only hope is that people enjoy the reading of them, and I don't need to make any money.  In the limited time I have left I do not think I would have the energy to follow more conventional outlets for these, and so brace yourself - here I come!

Three in the can waiting to sprout! I can't wait. Be welcome my friend.

I am an author, and it is my intent to tell a good story.  I also happen to be gay, which is part of my worldview, and about which i have no intention of excluding from whatever i may write, but it is secondary to telling an interesting and readable story.  I have no agenda with regard to that part of my being.

I am old.  When I first felt attractions towards men, it was considered a mental disease, and doing anything so prompted was a felony.  I lived before, during and after HIV entered our lives, and have been to enough funerals to fill up several lifetimes.  However, I remember enough of their lives to know that it is my duty to remember, and I experienced enough of their joy to refuse to change my sadness to bitterness.

Introducing myself seems to me mostly an exercise in vanity, but it is an ordeal that may not be too painful to the reader.  In my youth, i received a PhD in biochemistry, and for thirty five years i did basic and clinical research.  I am also a trained lapidary and certified emergency medical technical, and furthermore have worked for a year as a dealer in fine arts and antiques, and a year and a half as an armed security guard.  I have published dozens of technical articles, have five patents, and have written five technical books.  I have also published a gay novel as an e-book, with pleasant revenues in its first year of sales.  

On this site, I would like to publish 3 more novels which are already done, and use that as an incentive to finish a fourth.  My only hope is that people enjoy the reading of them, and I don't need to make any money.  In the limited time I have left I do not think I would have the energy to follow more conventional outlets for these, and so brace yourself - here I come!

Welcome, Donim! I think I'm going to like your stories. :D

• 5 weeks later...

A very warm welcome to the site from someone even older than yourself.

I very much look forward to reading your stories

Hi the name is Tann just joined yesterday please take good care of me.

Glad you're here, Tann!  You're gonna love it--lots of good reading, lots of good folks...you're gonna be wishing for more hours in the day to explore this place.

Enjoy--and welcome!

I'm hey, meow

Trust me...you're gonna have fun here!  Lots of fun folks to chat with, lots of great reads...you'll enjoy yourself!

Welcome!

Hello GA community. I have recently signed up on the site and have had a great time reading some of the prolific authors on this site.

I would love to be able to access the chat section as well but the site says I have to make at least 1 forum posting first... so, here it is, LOL.

Hello GA community. I have recently signed up on the site and have had a great time reading some of the prolific authors on this site.

I would love to be able to access the chat section as well but the site says I have to make at least 1 forum posting first... so, here it is, LOL.

Peter, you're gonna have a world of fun here--you already know some of the great writing that's here (and I hope you're leaving "likes" and comments as you read--authors really get off on that!--and just wait till you meet the great folks here in chat!  You'll make some great online-friends!

Welcome--and be prepared to be wishing for more hours in the day as you explore here!

Peter, you're gonna have a world of fun here--you already know some of the great writing that's here (and I hope you're leaving "likes" and comments as you read--authors really get off on that!--and just wait till you meet the great folks here in chat!  You'll make some great online-friends!

Welcome--and be prepared to be wishing for more hours in the day as you explore here!

Thanks Rex. Appreciate the kind words! I am already enjoying myself immensely. This is a great site and you can really lose yourself in here quite easily.

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hello everyone .. my name says it all I live to read .. every single day or I feel like I am missing a limb .. holla if you is the same

GREAT screen name--and you've come to a GREAT place to read!  There's enough here you'll be wishing for more hours in the day!

Welcome!

Hello all,

I'm really not new to Gay Authors as I have posted a number of stories here. But I figure if I ever want to be more than a "Newbie" I need to start posting in the forums. I hope you will enjoy my Nick series and Marco series.

Best to all, Nick Brady

• Like 1

Hi, I'm new to this great group I have only been a member for a couple of weeks. I followed my favorite author here Randy Wade. I have been his editor for about 6 months. I'm more of a idea man and not much of a story writer. I'm from Ohio a small town called Chillicothe. I have met so many find people in chat so if you see me say hi. So far I have found this group as very friendly and welcoming. So I hope we can become better friends. So thanks for reading this and I hope you enjoy Randy stories as much as I gave.

rick

Edited by rickproehl
  • Like 4

Hi, I'm new to this great group I have only been a member for a couple of weeks. I followed my favorite author here Randy Wade. I have been his editor for about 6 months. I'm more of a idea man and not much of a story writer. I'm from Ohio a small town called Chillicothe. I have met so many find people in chat so if you see me say hi. So far I have found this group as very friendly and welcoming. So I hope we can become better friends. So thanks for reading this and I hope you enjoy Randy stories as much as I gave.

rick

It's good to hear from you Nick, and thank you very much for recommending Randy.

rick

Welcome, Rick! :D

Just joined

Welcome, Mick! :D

Hi All,

I just recently joined and am enjoying the stories.  I am 52 and only out to a couple of people.  I unfortunately live in a small town in Washington state USA and the local homophobia is simply spooky.  I have had people I do not know start gay bashing while standing in line at the local market because someone near by "looks" gay.  I hope that times are changing so that people, especially our youth, can be who they are without fear.

Hope to participate some in the future.

R

• Like 2

rick

Glad you're here!  You're gonna find lots to like, and great folks, too!

Welcome!

Just joined

Glad you're here! Get ready for fun!

Hi All,

I just recently joined and am enjoying the stories.  I am 52 and only out to a couple of people.  I unfortunately live in a small town in Washington state USA and the local homophobia is simply spooky.  I have had people I do not know start gay bashing while standing in line at the local market because someone near by "looks" gay.  I hope that times are changing so that people, especially our youth, can be who they are without fear.

Hope to participate some in the future.

R

You'll find lots to like here, Wen....friendly folks, and plenty to read--you're gonna need to allocate more time for that!

Glad you're here!