New Members Welcome-Introduce Yourself!

• 2 weeks later...

Returning after a long hiatus - I just wanted to reintroduce myself! It's been quite a while since I was here, but I appreciate that folks are still reading what I posted so long ago. I'd love to be able to connect with everyone here!

I hope you'll welcome me back and help me get used to any changes! Here's to a great 2017!

Cheers,

Fianna

• Like 1

Hi badone562

Like all the stories don't write but like to read

Returning after a long hiatus - I just wanted to reintroduce myself! It's been quite a while since I was here, but I appreciate that folks are still reading what I posted so long ago. I'd love to be able to connect with everyone here!

I hope you'll welcome me back and help me get used to any changes! Here's to a great 2017!

Cheers,

Fianna

Welcome, and welcome back! hopefully badone562 will find some fun and interesting reading, and Fianna, you can get used to the software just in time for it to all change soon!

• Like 1

Hi there! Been with this website for the past 4 years, but only have the guts to be a member now... I read so many stories that sometimes I feel like an editor to the authors haha!

Glad you've been around to enjoy the place, and the stories! Welcome to "official membership"!

• Like 2
  • 4 weeks later...

Hello, all --

I've been an occasional reader over many years, and finally joined because I've found several excellent reads for which I would have liked to thank the authors or ask a question -- and now it's possible for me to do so. I write for a living but tend not to write for fun or fiction so I don't know that I'll post stories. I have, however, read and sometimes edited the work of many friends, going back to when Nifty was (almost) new.

If some of my profile information stays pretty blank, or sounds vague or coy, it's probably less about being shy and more about drop-down menu insufficiency :). Also, while I have never hidden in any closets, I do sometimes hide from my students online. And some of them have mad Google-fu. Bottom line, you may certainly ask me if there's anything you want to know.

It's nice to be here.

• Like 3
I do sometimes hide from my students online. And some of them have mad Google-fu. Bottom line, you may certainly ask me if there's anything you want to know.

It's nice to be here.

Welcome! I have always been faintly terrified of my students abilities to use Google. They can make it do things I can't..... I've never heard the term Google-fu before, but it's perfect! Well done and thank you!

Anyway, welcome to GA as a fully fledged member able to ask questions and have opinions! Grab some plasma and make yourself at home!

• Like 1

. . . I've never heard the term Google-fu before, but it's perfect! . . .

Anyway, welcome to GA as a fully fledged member able to ask questions and have opinions! Grab some plasma and make yourself at home!

Thanks for the warm welcome. (I can claim no credit for coining "Google-fu," as I first heard it in a conversation about researching and vetting obscure information. But I also love it, and I promptly stole it. As far as I'm concerned, you can, too.) :)

• Like 1

Thanks for the warm welcome. (I can claim no credit for coining "Google-fu," as I first heard it in a conversation about researching and vetting obscure information. But I also love it, and I promptly stole it. As far as I'm concerned, you can, too.) :)

Consider it appropriated!

Hello, all --

I've been an occasional reader over many years, and finally joined because I've found several excellent reads for which I would have liked to thank the authors or ask a question -- and now it's possible for me to do so. I write for a living but tend not to write for fun or fiction so I don't know that I'll post stories. I have, however, read and sometimes edited the work of many friends, going back to when Nifty was (almost) new.

If some of my profile information stays pretty blank, or sounds vague or coy, it's probably less about being shy and more about drop-down menu insufficiency :). Also, while I have never hidden in any closets, I do sometimes hide from my students online. And some of them have mad Google-fu. Bottom line, you may certainly ask me if there's anything you want to know.

It's nice to be here.

Glad you're "officially" here!  You already know it's a great place...and with the new system upgrades coming, it'll be even more fun--especially once we (hopefully) get the chat rooms back in place and you can do a meet and greet with everyone!

Welcome!

• Like 1
  • 4 weeks later...

Hello 

Long time reader, first time writer in here. I've been reading a lot of the stories here and I love them, I've been a writer for awhile now for a few years basically started writing in the roleplay fandoms and stuff mostly fanfiction though 'cause me I'm all about the fiction, paranormal and the downright weird. I love to read and watch movies mostly horror and things that make me laugh cause I just love laughing, most people keep telling me I'm anti-social and weird. I really like friends and making friends. I'll be posting a few stories on here and seeing if maybe I still have it in me. 

I'm the awkward hermit in the space ship lol, I love Doctor Who so the space ship sounds right. I'm all about friendship so let's make friends and be awesome. I also am a huge movie reviewer, movies and me are best friends.  I'm a huge sci-fi, action, horror and paranormal film. I love watching things like Star Trek, Star Wars and Avatar. I love movies about cars mainly the Fast series cause well let's not start cause I could go all day and night about that.  

Edited by ASH PHOENIX
  • Like 3

Hello 

Long time reader, first time writer in here. I've been reading a lot of the stories here and I love them, I've been a writer for awhile now for a few years basically started writing in the roleplay fandoms and stuff mostly fanfiction though 'cause me I'm all about the fiction, paranormal and the downright weird. I love to read and watch movies mostly horror and things that make me laugh cause I just love laughing, most people keep telling me I'm anti-social and weird. I really like friends and making friends. I'll be posting a few stories on here and seeing if maybe I still have it in me. 

I'm the awkward hermit in the space ship lol, I love Doctor Who so the space ship sounds right. I'm all about friendship so let's make friends and be awesome. I also am a huge movie reviewer, movies and me are best friends.  I'm a huge sci-fi, action, horror and paranormal film. I love watching things like Star Trek, Star Wars and Avatar. I love movies about cars mainly the Fast series cause well let's not start cause I could go all day and night about that.  

You and my mad crush on Vin Diesel can be great friends.

Welcome!

Thank you so much for the welcome :)

Vin Diesel even his name sounds awesome, huh. It's awesome to meet another fan of the world of cars and greatness of the love that is never dying. 

• 2 weeks later...

Hi and welcome,

You may want to PM another member, Columbus Guy, who uses narration software with the site. There have been some issues with accessibility since the upgrade apparently and he's probably the best person to talk to regarding this. 

Otherwise, you could submit a question to the forum thread 'Software upgrade questions and answers'.  https://www.gayauthors.org/forums/forum/262-software-upgrade-questions-and-answers/

Bear in mind that not everything is working as it should. Hope this helps.

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

While I may not be that new here, I have only recently discovered this topic, so I figured I'd introduce myself anyway. I found this site completely by accident just under a year ago, and I haven't stopped reading since. I feel like it is one of the few safe spaces on the internet where I can be myself, and I would love to get more involved in the community on here.

I don't write that frequently, but I may end up posting some of my poetry or something on here in the future... maybe.

I look forward to chatting with you all.

• Like 5
  • 2 weeks later...

Apparently, I've neglected to post in this thread.  I'm going to try to be as brief as possible.  (Then Alex proceeds to write an essay over 9000 words long.  :P)

I'm Alex.  I'm a gay male, 28 years old, I live in Alabama.  When I'm not reading stories here, or working on my own, I post on forums (including this one) read the news, work out in my garden, take care of my chickens, hold down a job and look after my boyfriend (of four years).  I found GA through reading Comicality's work on an other website (I think everyone has heard of it--not throwing shade at all).

I've often thought of publishing my own works of fiction, even if only as free fiction. However, I know that I both want and need resources that other websites cannot provide but GA does (cause I've spent time checking both here an the others out). 

I am looking for a beta/editor, but for some reason I don't think this thread is the appropriate place for that.  If you're interested send me a pm (or whatever) an I'll get back to you as soon as I can.

• Like 4