• Site Moderator

Sam may have come on strong, but something tells me he is a keeper of very important knowledge. Just what that is, I won’t hazard a guess this early, but I’m thinking his ‘long story’ will shed some light on the subject. 

Oh, who am I kidding, hypotheses are already rumbling around my brain... 🤔

Edited by Reader1810
  • Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Haha 1
5 hours ago, BHopper2 said:

Loved the clear visuals that the chapter had. It was very well done.

that's something that tim can really do well, can't he?

you can "see" the apartment, the party, and the garden where young Finn is playing.

looking forward to talking with you about this one!

• Like 3
  • Site Moderator

it hasn't been twenty-four hours and The Promise is already numero uno on the Top Storie of the Week list! 

Woohoo!!  

909649835_ScreenShot2018-05-12at10_58_35PM.png.fc544f63df71565e5ca1e5ab4ea04465.png

Edited by Reader1810
  • Like 1
  • Love 2

If I was the sulking type, which I'm not, I'd be doing that over not seeing the next chapter. He's got something else he let me read though to hush my complaining. ..it's short. But it's good, and it shows his imagination. ..where this stuff comes from, I do not know. He wrote I guess about 10 years ago...maybe he will post it.

• Like 3
  • Love 1

@MichaelS36

Unfortunately even most authors don't know where it comes from.  I am no author, but I certainly don't know where the prompt responses I post come from.  If I did maybe I could write more than one chapter on an idea!

• Like 5
  • Site Moderator

@mollyhousemouse 

This chapter has you thinking of gummy worms, but not me. I've loved Jeep Cherokees for what seems like forever. Course, I would never get one, because it would be like driving a tank if I was at the wheel. :P 

PS. Apologies up front for the extra large image - I just like it is all... 

89847201994-jeep-cherokee-12.jpg

• Like 3
  • Love 1
5 minutes ago, Reader1810 said:

This chapter has you thinking of gummy worms, but not me. I've loved Jeep Cherokees for what seems like forever. Course, I would never get one, because it would be like driving a tank if I was at the wheel. :P 

i'm a big Jeep fan too @Reader1810!

i love the older CJ7,and the newer Rubicon

but may favorite is the old Jeep Grand Wagoneer!  (same apology as Reader...)

Wagoneer-0.jpg

Edited by mollyhousemouse
  • Like 3
  • Wow 1
  • Site Moderator

Getting back to the story, I wonder what Finn's mom will think of him wanting to take over Sanctuary. Before Sam arrived on the scene - you know, to remind Finn of his promise - what were Finn's feelings toward this home?

It seems as if he moved very far away - hence the plane ride to get there, and a multi hour drive - to distance himself from the place. Bad memories of his dad's suicide perhaps? 

• Like 4
  • Site Moderator
4 minutes ago, mollyhousemouse said:

I'm a big Jeep fan too @Reader1810!

i love the older CJ7,and the newer Rubicon

but may favorite is the old Jeep Grand Wagoneer!  (same apology as Reader...)

I like the older models because of the boxey look they have over the curved edges of today.

• Like 4
2 minutes ago, Reader1810 said:

Getting back to the story, I wonder what Finn's mom will think of him wanting to take over Sanctuary. Before Sam arrived on the scene - you know, to remind Finn of his promise - what were Finn's feelings toward this home?

It seems as if he moved very far away - hence the plane ride to get there, and a multi hour drive - to distance himself from the place. Bad memories of his dad's suicide perhaps? 

those are all interesting questions!

i can't wait to learn more about Sam and his kind too

• Like 4
2 minutes ago, Reader1810 said:

I like the older models because of the boxey look they have over the curved edges of today.

there's a whole mystique and culture around Jeeps

i've seen plenty of tire covers painted with

It's a Jeep Thing

• Like 3
  • Love 1
  • Site Moderator
2 minutes ago, mollyhousemouse said:

those are all interesting questions!

i can't wait to learn more about Sam and his kind too

Yes, and how and why they came to be part of sanctuary. Or, is it Sanctuary because of them? As in, is it their sanctuary and they need humans - certain trusty ones, of course - to be keepers of Sanctuary? 

• Like 3
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, Reader1810 said:

Yes, and how and why they came to be part of sanctuary. Or, is it Sanctuary because of them? As in, is it their sanctuary and they need humans - certain trusty ones, of course - to be keepers of Sanctuary? 

it promises to be an interesting journey doesn't it Reader?

see what i did there?  :)

• Like 3
  • Wow 1
  • Site Moderator

Just had a thought. Would something bad happen if something happened to Sanctuary?

Is there some kind of balance because Sanctuary exists? 

So many questions and thoughts and theories are running through my brain. Need a distraction. Perhaps tim has a poem just lying around waiting for air time... No? Oh wells, brain running amok it will have to be. :P 

Edited by Reader1810
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1
  • Site Moderator
1 minute ago, mollyhousemouse said:

it promises to be in interesting journey doesn't it Reader?

see what i did there?  :)

Yes, yes I did, and yes, it does.  ;)

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Wow 1

you just need to imagine a tall broad dark-haired guy leaning on it in a tight white tshirt and light blue jeans..  .. hehe

• Like 2
  • Love 3
4 minutes ago, Mikiesboy said:

you just need to imagine a tall broad dark-haired guy leaning on it in a tight white tshirt and light blue jeans..  .. hehe

:thumbup:

i have a pretty good imagination tim!

• Love 3
  • Wow 1