The Drop in Centre

I went for a nap, which turned into a two-hour nap. Dinner plans have changed slightly to a lighter meal of soup and grilled cheese sandwiches. I'm making Shepherd's Pie tomorrow, but it's ready and just needs to be heated up and some vegetables done.

• Love 5
18 minutes ago, Mikiesboy said:

Dinner plans have changed slightly to a lighter meal of soup and grilled cheese sandwiches. 

That sounds delightful.  A grilled cheese sandwich is always a good choice!  

• Like 1
  • Love 4
27 minutes ago, Mikiesboy said:

Aw. Can you wrap your ankle so it has some support while you clear things up a bit?

Ankle is wrapped. I've been on prednisone for the swelling and it's ok in the morning but by the end of the day it's swollen again. I haven't been getting in more than 2500 steps a day so I'm really not on it all that much. I have a follow up appointment on Tuesday. 

Spent an hour getting the mount for the TV anchored to the wall...

...it's too high. Back to the drawing board. 

• Like 4
  • Wow 1
  • Site Moderator
12 minutes ago, CassieQ said:

That sounds delightful.  A grilled cheese sandwich is always a good choice!  

It sure is! 

• Like 4
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, kbois said:

Ankle is wrapped. I've been on prednisone for the swelling and it's ok in the morning but by the end of the day it's swollen again. I haven't been getting in more than 2500 steps a day so I'm really not on it all that much. I have a follow up appointment on Tuesday.  

Are you allowed to ice it down? I know it's annoying, but it does help. 

• Like 4
5 hours ago, Mikiesboy said:

I went for a nap, which turned into a two-hour nap. Dinner plans have changed slightly to a lighter meal of soup and grilled cheese sandwiches. I'm making Shepherd's Pie tomorrow, but it's ready and just needs to be heated up and some vegetables done.

you needed it, boy.  

• Like 3
  • Love 2
10 minutes ago, kbois said:

Ama-zoning imuplshopping- the act of indiscriminately ordering items online while in a fugue state; especially during moments of insomnia in the middle of the night.

Did you find this somewhere, or did you make it up?  It's great.

• Like 2
  • Haha 3
7 hours ago, drown said:

Happy Sunday to everyone.

I wrote until 2.30 am and am now paying the price. 🥱

1 am for me and it's full struggle bus today. 

• Like 4
  • Love 1
15 hours ago, MichaelS36 said:

Very true as long as I'm not in charge of them. Unless you enjoy the charred version. 🔥

I hate burnt anything....except hotdogs lol 

If I have access to a grill (they aren't allowed on the apt complex I live at) I purposely overcook hotdogs until they have a bit of char. 

Idk. They're just awesome like that. 

Sorry your comment just made me think of it.  

• Like 4
  • Haha 1
2 minutes ago, kbois said:

I rarely have a hot dog, but when I do... yes, slightly charred is preferred. Not all out black.. but a nice crispy dark brown outside with maybe a few spots of black. It's walking a fine line to get that perfection. You've got maybe 20-30 seconds on the grill between "hell yes" and "oh hell no". Lol

I hate to say it,but  I love the hog dogs that come in a tin that you cook in there liquid, served on a bun with ketchup and fried onions

• Haha 1
  • Wow 2
35 minutes ago, Starrynight22 said:

I hate burnt anything....except hotdogs lol 

If I have access to a grill (they aren't allowed on the apt complex I live at) I purposely overcook hotdogs until they have a bit of char. 

Idk. They're just awesome like that. 

Sorry your comment just made me think of it.  

Cooking is not my favourite sport. I did make tim one unburned grilled cheese during our fifteen year (so far) marriage. I've burned a lot more. Needless to say, I'm persona non grata in the kitchen. 

I agree with you about the hot dogs, I'd add to that marshmallows but I don't think I've had one in the past fifteen years. 

• Like 4
15 minutes ago, MichaelS36 said:

My we do have a fixation, don't we?  

Freudian slip... 

• Haha 5

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..