The Drop in Centre

Today will be a cooking frenzy. I have to finish the tuscan butter chicken.. spicy Korean beef is simmering on the stove. Maple bourbon chicken is in the crockpot, I've got the fixings for Egg Rolls in a Bowl, and last but not least... I'm going to attempt peanut chicken. My eyes and nose are running from all the onions I've sliced and cooked. Oh yeah.. rice to go with all of this. 

It might be enough food to last a couple of weeks... I'm not used to my kid being back with us yet. Although the teenage constant grazing years are behind us and he's a bit more health conscious. 

• Like 1
  • Love 4
13 minutes ago, kbois said:

Anytime. Can't wait for the dinner conversation either...

Conversation. Do you do that while you eat?  

• Haha 4
6 minutes ago, MichaelS36 said:

Conversation. Do you do that while you eat?  

With civilized company. 

9 minutes ago, Mikiesboy said:

We're not really going, and i'm already scared of that

Considering I don't have a kitchen table right now... we'd be fighting for floor space with my two mutts. I do have a coffee table that the top raises up to a table height. Hubs uses it now. 

Scared of dinner conversation... okay.. you just sit quietly. I promise not to spill any secrets.. lol. As for the other two... yeah, it'd be veeerrrryyyyy interesting. (And educational I'm sure.. or is that the dessert conversation... hmmm🤔)

• Haha 1
  • Wow 3
2 hours ago, kbois said:

Today will be a cooking frenzy. I have to finish the tuscan butter chicken.. spicy Korean beef is simmering on the stove. Maple bourbon chicken is in the crockpot, I've got the fixings for Egg Rolls in a Bowl, and last but not least... I'm going to attempt peanut chicken. My eyes and nose are running from all the onions I've sliced and cooked. Oh yeah.. rice to go with all of this. 

It might be enough food to last a couple of weeks... I'm not used to my kid being back with us yet. Although the teenage constant grazing years are behind us and he's a bit more health conscious. 

Holy smokes, that's a lot of food.  Sounds wonderful. 

• Like 2
  • Love 3
  • Site Moderator
3 hours ago, chris191070 said:

I hate to say it,but  I love the hog dogs that come in a tin that you cook in there liquid, served on a bun with ketchup and fried onions

I don’t think I’ve ever come across hot dogs sold in tins. 
As for the fixings? It’s plain chopped onions and mustard for me. 

• Like 4
12 minutes ago, CassieQ said:

Holy smokes, that's a lot of food.  Sounds wonderful. 

I threw in the towel....spicy peanut chicken will have to wait. Stick a fork in me because I'm done. 

I gotta admit... the maple bourbon pulled chicken came out fantastic🤤

• Like 2
  • Love 3
  • Site Moderator
18 minutes ago, kbois said:

I threw in the towel....spicy peanut chicken will have to wait. Stick a fork in me because I'm done. 

All of it sounded so good, and I’m impressed you can make multiple meals at the same time and/or the same day. 

• Like 2
  • Love 3
7 hours ago, Reader1810 said:

I don’t think I’ve ever come across hot dogs sold in tins. 
As for the fixings? It’s plain chopped onions and mustard for me. 

I can only think of Vienna sausages...but they're so squishy in texture.  

I'm a ketchup and mustard gal. 

If I get one at a fair or a ball game and I can get it with sauerkraut and brown mustard I will, but those opportunities seem slim these days lol 

• Like 2
  • Love 2
14 hours ago, kbois said:

Well duh, it has bourbon and maple. Of course it's going to come out fantastic. 🤣

Butter chicken, Korean Beef, maple bourbon pulled chicken, egg rolls, and (almost) spicy peanut chicken...maybe it's time for you to get a side gig and do a cookbook. The title could be "Kbois Kookbook for Korner Krews" 🤔  

Edited by spyke
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3
1 hour ago, spyke said:

Well duh, it has bourbon and maple. Of course it's going to come out fantastic. 🤣

Butter chicken, Korean Beef, maple bourbon pulled chicken, egg rolls, and (almost) spicy peanut chicken...maybe it's time for you to get a side gig and do a cookbook. The title could be "Kbois Kookbook for Korner Krews" 🤔  

**snorts coffee out nose**

• Haha 3

Happy Monday or Eclipses are a Pain Day (all the brats are home from school today to protect them.) 

And to rub that in a little more here is what arrived today...

image.png.69a1592ba4ffff744848e468ec9b7005.png

As totality will be seen only in Niagara Falls.. that little town is expecting over a million people.. we have been seeing newspaper articles about this event for months. So far it's cloudy here...so it may just be a giant dud. We'll see or not ... Have a good day wherever you are and just be smart if it gets dark.

• Like 5

We are supposed to get 90% totality here. My plans are to bring the horse into the barn early and head home, hiding in the living room and maybe watch a movie or an episode of a show i follow but missed while watching that colicky pony thursday. 

• Like 4
35 minutes ago, Mikiesboy said:

Happy Monday or Eclipses are a Pain Day (all the brats are home from school today to protect them.) 

And to rub that in a little more here is what arrived today...

image.png.69a1592ba4ffff744848e468ec9b7005.png

As totality will be seen only in Niagara Falls.. that little town is expecting over a million people.. we have been seeing newspaper articles about this event for months. So far it's cloudy here...so it may just be a giant dud. We'll see or not ... Have a good day wherever you are and just be smart if it gets dark.

I saw a posting online... this guy said he'd love to buy a bunch of blow-up dolls... fill them with helium and let them go during the height of the eclipse so all the religious fanatics will think it's the Rapture. 🤣🤣

• Haha 5
46 minutes ago, Kitt said:

We are supposed to get 90% totality here. My plans are to bring the horse into the barn early and head home, hiding in the living room and maybe watch a movie or an episode of a show i follow but missed while watching that colicky pony thursday. 

We're expecting 88% here.  Might hop outside and check it out between patients if the clouds clear.

• Like 4
2 hours ago, kbois said:

I saw a posting online... this guy said he'd love to buy a bunch of blow-up dolls... fill them with helium and let them go during the height of the eclipse so all the religious fanatics will think it's the Rapture. 🤣🤣

27270260114404.jpeg

• Haha 4

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..