The Drop in Centre

45 minutes ago, chris191070 said:

I hate Insurance companies.

Quick enough to take your money, but when you make a claim. They seem to make everything difficult to help/finalise a claim, when you want money from them.

Ain't that the truth.. best of luck dealing with them, chris.

• Love 5
6 minutes ago, Kitt said:

< hiding from all the barn drama

Don't think they can find you here, Kitt.   All this makes me want to write a soap opera.  Of course, it's different if you're having to live through it.  Hope they aren't being too rotten to you.

• Like 1
  • Love 3
10 minutes ago, Kitt said:

Hope things get better for you and you send those haters packing x

• Like 1
  • Love 4
13 minutes ago, Kitt said:

But I'm invested now... 

Like @Mikiesboy said... it's like a soap opera. 

Today's agenda calls for making the living room... liveable. Ugh.

Also teaching the kid how to make butter chicken. 

Slowly the chaos is becoming less chaotic. 

Have a good day everyone!

Edited by kbois
  • Like 1
  • Love 4
5 minutes ago, Mikiesboy said:

At least that's my plan.. the Men may have other plans i've not heard about yet.  We'll see. 

Have a good day everyone.

I would take the Vegas odds of them having other plans... 😆😉

• Like 2
  • Wow 3
10 minutes ago, Mikiesboy said:

Okay.. so.. a couple of poems written.  I'll post them tomorrow.  ... Yesterday we made a massive pot of spaghetti sauce. It's now in the freezer. Also made and froze a meat loaf.  Today.. need to bake a couple of loaf cakes, make hamburger patties, meatballs and some shepherds pie mix for the freezer.

At least that's my plan.. the Men may have other plans i've not heard about yet.  We'll see. 

Have a good day everyone.

If your making food for them, they'll let you do that.

• Love 5
7 minutes ago, kbois said:

I would take the Vegas odds of them having other plans... 😆😉

You'd lose today. It's been a week and I need a day off. Listening to the Leicester City game at the present time and then plan to spend some time with FarCry 6. 

Dan and tim can do what they want in the kitchen. 

• Love 4
40 minutes ago, MichaelS36 said:

You'd lose today. It's been a week and I need a day off. Listening to the Leicester City game at the present time and then plan to spend some time with FarCry 6. 

Dan and tim can do what they want in the kitchen. 

The day is far from over😁

Enjoy your games!

• Like 4
4 hours ago, chris191070 said:

I hate Insurance companies.

Quick enough to take your money, but when you make a claim. They seem to make everything difficult to help/finalise a claim, when you want money from them.

Good Lord, don't even get me started.  I hate dealing with them both as a healthcare worker as well as someone who needs medical care from time to time. 

• Like 4

Ten burgers and a batch of meatballs have been made, and they're all in the freezer. Shepherd's pie mix is done. We need to make the potatoes for that today and have that for dinner tomorrow.

Dan put the kibosh on other baking today because I'm really tired. I'll get to that tomorrow.  Also, crumpet rings are calling me...but taxes are more pressing... ugh.

• Love 5
4 minutes ago, Kitt said:

Tax returns would be so much easier if hubby would just NOT help! Paperwork and math are just NOT his thing.

They're not mine either. Numbers and I have a love-hate relationship. I love to hate them. 

• Like 4
20 minutes ago, kbois said:

They're not mine either. Numbers and I have a love-hate relationship. I love to hate them. 

I pay way too much to have someone do them for me.  It was easy when I just had one or two pieces of paper, but now I have so many things...it just takes so much of the stress away.  

• Like 2
  • Love 3
26 minutes ago, Kitt said:

Tax returns would be so much easier if hubby would just NOT help! Paperwork and math are just NOT his thing.

I use online tax software because our taxes are pretty straightforward. I download the necessary information from the government and plug in a few numbers. It's done. I still hate it, though.

• Like 5
2 minutes ago, Kitt said:

That's where I hit issues. He insists on being helpful and "sorting" the forms, feeding me the numbers to plug in. But he has issues understanding a 1099 r and a 1099g are not the same form

Michael gives me the file folder with all the receipts and stuff and says, "Go to it, boy."

If i didn't do them, He would take them to a tax guy. LOL

• Like 4
  • Love 1

I may have bitten off more than I can chew today. Had loads of ambition and energy while hubby was still here. I wanted to wait until after taking him to work to start on organizing and cooking because otherwise.... he's in the damn way. 

Dropped him off, stopped at a new Aldi to get some stuff I needed (omg.. had to dodge freaking golf carts trying to park). Now that I'm home, I'm looking at the debris field that is my current living arrangement and I've wilted. Lol

Stupid ankle is also reminding me that I'm supposed to be keeping off it... but I don't have time for that. I'm tackling this $#!+ anyway. At least the kid is home and I'm going to make him trim and cut up the chicken.... 

• Like 1
  • Sad 4
2 hours ago, Reader1810 said:

I remember when you first mentioned this way back when. 
At the time I was like, nope, not going to do that, because at that time, I didn’t trust that way of doing it for some reason. 

Finally saw reason and started using Turbo Tax, and then promptly “kicked myself” for not switching from the paper way sooner. 

Aw,  don't kick yourself!  You've seen the light!   :)

• Like 1
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, kbois said:

I may have bitten off more than I can chew today. Had loads of ambition and energy while hubby was still here. I wanted to wait until after taking him to work to start on organizing and cooking because otherwise.... he's in the damn way. 

Dropped him off, stopped at a new Aldi to get some stuff I needed (omg.. had to dodge freaking golf carts trying to park). Now that I'm home, I'm looking at the debris field that is my current living arrangement and I've wilted. Lol

Stupid ankle is also reminding me that I'm supposed to be keeping off it... but I don't have time for that. I'm tackling this $#!+ anyway. At least the kid is home and I'm going to make him trim and cut up the chicken.... 

Aw. Can you wrap your ankle so it has some support while you clear things up a bit?

• Like 2
  • Love 3
  • Site Moderator
2 minutes ago, Mikiesboy said:

Aw,  don't kick yourself!  You've seen the light!   :)

It was momentary, and it’s forgotten now. 

• Like 1
  • Love 3

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..