The Drop in Centre

• Site Moderator
4 hours ago, Mikiesboy said:

So far it's cloudy here...so it may just be a giant dud. We'll see or not ... Have a good day wherever you are and just be smart if it gets dark.

Can’t recall exactly how many years ago this was (within ten, I think), but the big excitement then was the moon was going to red, and one could look at it directly without worry, so yeah for that. Sadly, clouds spoiled the view - as in there wasn’t a view - that night. 

• Like 3
  • Sad 2
8 minutes ago, Reader1810 said:

Can’t recall exactly how many years ago this was (within ten, I think), but the big excitement then was the moon was going to red, and one could look at it directly without worry, so yeah for that. Sadly, clouds spoiled the view - as in there wasn’t a view - that night. 

Like this?

Screenshot2024-04-08at20_12_14.png.7fea23ac738e483ebd610384398173f2.png

I researched a lot about solar and lunar eclipses (because story depends on it—specifically Ch 21—and I want my facts straight). This picture is from a supermoon eclipse.

It is very pretty :i

• Like 3
  • Love 1
31 minutes ago, Mikiesboy said:

Another child killed by two Cane Corso dogs April 1.. It's in the paper today. He was a sweet kid by all accounts, 11 years old. He'd known the dogs for a while, but belonged to his dad's roommate. Dad went out to the garage for 10 minutes when he returned the boy was dead. Official cause, dog bite.  These two dogs also attacked and bit a women at the same property a week prior. 

This is happening too often. Don't leave your kids alone with this giant dogs. I know, I've heard it all before... they are gentle, they are sweet, they've been raised properly.  Maybe, but don't trust them with your kids. That goes for any of the bull breeds/mastifs and other large guarding/protection breeds.

It breaks my heart every time I hear about these instances. It's not just bully breeds... even "gentle" breeds like a golden retriever can turn. Dogs have been domesticated, yes.. but they still have wild instincts. Even a chihuahua's bite can be deadly if inflicted in exactly the right spot.. especially a small child or infant. 

I'm not sure where I saw this but it's a good reminder; The sweetest dog can bite. The meanest dog can wag its tail. 

• Sad 4
  • Angry 1

Started to get darker here.. interestingly the birds have stopped chirping completely.  Totality in Niagara in 3 minutes. 2 now.. it's darker still.. But we have total cloud cover, so it's like a storm moving in. 

• Like 2
  • Love 2

Brightening up again. Birds began chirping once more. Squirrels didn't seem to care one way or the other. Well, it was an interesting 5 minutes. 

• Like 1
  • Love 3

I'm really not a fan of Mondays at the moment. I'm by myself in the office with one maintenance guy and my housekeeper for now. I'm trying to hire a front desk person but haven't had much luck. 

Anyway... I just found out there's a registered sex offender living on one of our annual sites... so I get to deal with that tomorrow when my assistant will be here. I will never go by myself to deliver a notice to vacate the premise under those circumstances. 

Oy... 

• Wow 3
7 minutes ago, kbois said:

I'm really not a fan of Mondays at the moment. I'm by myself in the office with one maintenance guy and my housekeeper for now. I'm trying to hire a front desk person but haven't had much luck. 

Anyway... I just found out there's a registered sex offender living on one of our annual sites... so I get to deal with that tomorrow when my assistant will be here. I will never go by myself to deliver a notice to vacate the premise under those circumstances. 

Oy... 

Good idea don't go alone. You should hire a large ex-cop. LOL 

• Like 1
  • Haha 4
  • Site Moderator
2 hours ago, drown said:

Like this?

Screenshot2024-04-08at20_12_14.png.7fea23ac738e483ebd610384398173f2.png

I researched a lot about solar and lunar eclipses (because story depends on it—specifically Ch 21—and I want my facts straight). This picture is from a supermoon eclipse.

It is very pretty :i

This is exactly what I missed, due to cloud cover. *sigh*

It is very pretty. 

• Love 2
2 hours ago, Kitt said:

If she calls the local precinct will they lone her a patrolman or two?

It ended up being OK.... even though a certain extra tall ex-cop couldn't make it down here in time lol.

I took two of my guys with me but no one answered the door...which we pretty much knew going in. The notice was posted and I have the neighbors on both sides on the lookout for me. If either unapproved occupant is still there on Thursday then it gets elevated to the legal department. I don't need to go back there again. 

Apparently the Sheriff's department handed out flyers with the guys info and picture to all the neighbors so most everyone in that section is aware of him. You know how these communities are... they’ll make it perfectly known that he's being watched. 

• Love 5
45 minutes ago, kbois said:

It ended up being OK.... even though a certain extra tall ex-cop couldn't make it down here in time lol.

I took two of my guys with me but no one answered the door...which we pretty much knew going in. The notice was posted and I have the neighbors on both sides on the lookout for me. If either unapproved occupant is still there on Thursday then it gets elevated to the legal department. I don't need to go back there again. 

Apparently the Sheriff's department handed out flyers with the guys info and picture to all the neighbors so most everyone in that section is aware of him. You know how these communities are... they’ll make it perfectly known that he's being watched. 

i'm glad that went okay and your guys went with you...Makes sense the sheriff's department let people know he's around.

• Like 5
3 hours ago, Kitt said:

If she calls the local precinct will they lone her a patrolman or two?

You may be able to hire one who's off duty. 

• Like 3
  • Love 1
2 minutes ago, Kitt said:

Was a suggestion rather than waiting on a certain bear to drive two days and 1500 miles

I could have flown down. I don't drive any longer due to unexplained and unpredictable dizzy spells. Likely, my medication which they don't want to change. It's settled down quite a bit but I still won't take the chance and drive.  

• Like 5
27 minutes ago, MichaelS36 said:

I could have flown down. I don't drive any longer due to unexplained and unpredictable dizzy spells. Likely, my medication which they don't want to change. It's settled down quite a bit but I still won't take the chance and drive.  

I do airport pickup service.. even can get reimbursed for mileage and tolls.. lol. You might have to scrunch down in my car... maybe... there's a good amount of head and legroom. There's a sunroof you can stick your head out if needed. 😆

I'll keep you in mind for further services... can you bring your cane?

• Love 3
  • Haha 2

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..