The Drop in Centre

• Site Moderator
3 minutes ago, MichaelS36 said:

I'm good thank you.  Well I hope things calm down a bit for you.

They have for the most part, but not completely, unfortunately. And with the colder weather my evenings are usually spent huddled under a blanket, which means using the tablet. I know you know how not fun that is. 

• Like 2
  • Wow 1
  • Site Moderator
6 minutes ago, MichaelS36 said:

I don't think they had a disagreement.  I think tim had issues with this chapter somehow, but I'm not sure.  I heard "looks like I've never written a d**n thing before)  anyway. I shall go and kick my computer's butt.   

See you all later.  Good night, Mac. Good to see you.  Goodnight all. 

Oh, I don’t really mean having a disagreement so much as having a difference of opinion about certain topics or ways of doing things. 

Good night Mike... happy dreams, my friend 

• Like 3
4 minutes ago, MacGreg said:

Sounds like something(one) else would benefit from a butt-kick, too. Well, I hope the computer concedes to your will soon. Have a good night, Mike, and tim, too.

Perhaps, but I am not going there. LOL . 

• Like 3
2 minutes ago, Reader1810 said:

They have for the most part, but not completely, unfortunately. And with the colder weather my evenings are usually spent huddled under a blanket, which means using the tablet. I know you know how not fun that is. 

Yes I do. And I'm sure you do not have hands like mine. LOL... Tablet looks like a big phone. LOL  

• Love 1
  • Haha 4
  • Site Moderator
13 minutes ago, MichaelS36 said:

I love computers … have I mentioned that before?   This has been going on since yesterday morning.  I will win, one way or the other.  LOL 

The death stare always worked wonders for me...just saying. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2
1 minute ago, Reader1810 said:

Oh, I don’t really mean having a disagreement so much as having a difference of opinion about certain topics or ways of doing things. 

Good night Mike... happy dreams, my friend 

I still don't think that's it.  I think he's upset at himself about how it's written.  Anyway.. tomorrow will be 3 or 4c  Reader.. you can put on your bikini!!  LOL 

• Like 2
  • Love 1
  • Wow 1
  • Site Moderator
Just now, MichaelS36 said:

I still don't think that's it.  I think he's upset at himself about how it's written.  Anyway.. tomorrow will be 3 or 4c  Reader.. you can put on your bikini!!  LOL 

tim’s to hard on himself. But then again, he is that way because he cares about what he writes.

As for wearing a bikini. My answer is hell and no tomorrow and any day lol 

• Love 1
  • Haha 2
Just now, Reader1810 said:

tim’s to hard on himself. But then again, he is that way because he cares about what he writes.

As for wearing a bikini. My answer is hell and no tomorrow and any day lol 

he is but he simply will not put out work that isn't his best. AC isn't going let him either. 

• Like 4
4 minutes ago, MichaelS36 said:

he is but he simply will not put out work that isn't his best. AC isn't going let him either. 

I understand this all too well. he will get it figured out.

• Like 3
37 minutes ago, MichaelS36 said:

I do believe that's what he is doing. At least he's not mentioned anything new to me.

35 minutes ago, MacGreg said:

No pressure, lol.

Have I mentioned lately, that patience isn't a virtue that I have? LOL. Nah, the last chapter he sent me, chapter 7, left me with wanting to know what happens next. There have been some heartbreaking scenes over the last seven chapters. A lot of positive stuff, but a few, where tim expertly slams his fist into your chest and rips out your heart, all Temple of Doom style. Which is a good thing.

Let's just say, after reading what I have so far with Changes 2, I feel that tim needs to publish both Changes 1 and Changes 2. It's that fraking good.

• Like 2
  • Love 2
30 minutes ago, MichaelS36 said:

25 minutes ago, MacGreg said:

I understand this all too well. he will get it figured out.

ch 9 was unfocused .. AC saw it .. and  he stopped editing halfway to think about what could be done about it.   it was bad .. i havent seen that much markup since my first piece of prose ... but i'll fix it.  AC is a good editor... he could have just fixed the commas, then it would have been crap with perfect punctuation.  But he is too good for that.

• Love 3
28 minutes ago, BHopper2 said:

Have I mentioned lately, that patience isn't a virtue that I have? LOL. Nah, the last chapter he sent me, chapter 7, left me with wanting to know what happens next. There have been some heartbreaking scenes over the last seven chapters. A lot of positive stuff, but a few, where tim expertly slams his fist into your chest and rips out your heart, all Temple of Doom style. Which is a good thing.

Let's just say, after reading what I have so far with Changes 2, I feel that tim needs to publish both Changes 1 and Changes 2. It's that fraking good.

you're too kind, A   but thanks

• Love 3
8 minutes ago, Mikiesboy said:

you're too kind, A   but thanks

You're welcome, my Brother. But I do think you're that good. 

Your writing sometimes reminds me of Christopher Rice. He's Anne Rice's son. 

• Like 2
  • Wow 1
2 minutes ago, BHopper2 said:

You're welcome, my Brother. But I do think you're that good. 

Your writing sometimes reminds me of Christopher Rice. He's Anne Rice's son. 

don't know his work .. i've read hers though  love her vampires

Edited by Mikiesboy
  • Like 2
  • Love 1
1 minute ago, Mikiesboy said:

don't his work .. i've read hers though  love her vampires

I've read a few of his. I bought in hardback, his debut novel A Density of Souls, that he wrote when he was 22.  And he co-wrote a story with his mother Ramses The Dammned: The Passion Of Cleopatra.

Oh, and he's gay. A Density of Souls, made his mother ask him, "Did this happen to you?"

• Wow 3

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..