The Drop in Centre

Good morning everyone. Stopping in on my morning break to 👋

6 hours ago, Backwoods Boy said:

I've noticed that I tend to go to bed around the same time as you east coast folks.  Like now.  It's 10:00, and past my bedtime 😕

Have a good night and a great morning.

Ahh, but what time do you start your days?  

37 minutes ago, Thorn Wilde said:

Good morning! Happy Sunday! It's noon here, but pretty sure you're all still asleep over there across the pond. Hope you're all sleeping well.

I have a gig today, opening for a friend at a small, informal thing. Playing my piano tunes today, which I haven't in a while, so kind of nervous. Wish me luck!

Dont be too sure of that! Some of us keep farmers hours.  I am up well before the sun this time of year. Even when I actually get my days off work free, my eyes still pop open.

Enjoy your gig. I am sure you will do wonderfully!

• Like 1
  • Love 4
10 minutes ago, Kitt said:

Dont be too sure of that! Some of us keep farmers hours.  I am up well before the sun this time of year. Even when I actually get my days off work free, my eyes still pop open.

Enjoy your gig. I am sure you will do wonderfully!

It must be nice to be able to just wake up like that. Currently, if I'm gonna be able to get to sleep before 4 am I need to be medicated, and I never wake up in time for anything without an alarm. :P 

• Like 4
  • Site Moderator
3 hours ago, Thorn Wilde said:

Good morning! Happy Sunday! It's noon here, but pretty sure you're all still asleep over there across the pond. Hope you're all sleeping well.

I have a gig today, opening for a friend at a small, informal thing. Playing my piano tunes today, which I haven't in a while, so kind of nervous. Wish me luck!

Sounds like fun. Good luck! :) 

• Like 2
  • Love 1
22 minutes ago, Mikiesboy said:

Still typing....another 1.5 hours and then a nice uber home! 

this boy is spoiled...But grateful 

Spoiled is just another word for "well loved." 💕

• Love 4

Hey everyone. I'm back. Gig went well. I opened for my buddy Len (who's Canadian, as it happens, from Ontario, though he's lived here since the 70s). There was a music journalist there, buddy of Len's, so who knows, maybe something will come of that. Not counting on it, though. So tired now, I have such a long day tomorrow. If I'm still in here in three hours, someone please tell me to go to bed! :P 

Edited by Thorn Wilde
  • Like 1
  • Love 3
  • Haha 1
  • Site Moderator
11 minutes ago, Thorn Wilde said:

Hey everyone. I'm back. Gig went well. I opened for my buddy Len (who's Canadian, as it happens, from Ontario, though he's lived here since the 70s). There was a music journalist there, buddy of Len's, so who knows, maybe something will come of that. Not counting on it, though. So tired now, I have such a long day tomorrow. If I'm still in here in three hours, someone please tell me to go to bed! :P 

Good to hear you had a good day, Thorne. I’ll check back and, if you are still around in three hours, I’ll shoo you off to bed. ;)

• Like 1
  • Love 3

WINE!!!!!

Actually, I need some help in picking out a Wine for Adam and Duncan to sip on, while traveling at a 150/mph... Any suggestions?

Acela First Class riders get at seat dining included, in the cost of the ticket. The PDF's of the menus and videos of people showing their First Class meal, all look and sound good. If I'm reading this correctly, Hard-Liquor, Cocktails, Wine, and Beer are all included as well. However, for the wine, it says, "Ask your attendant for today's selections."

• Like 1
1 minute ago, BHopper2 said:

WINE!!!!!

Actually, I need some help in picking out a Wine for Adam and Duncan to sip on, while traveling at a 150/mph... Any suggestions?

Acela First Class riders get at seat dining included, in the cost of the ticket. The PDF's of the menus and videos of people showing their First Class meal, all look and sound good. If I'm reading this correctly, Hard-Liquor, Cocktails, Wine, and Beer are all included as well. However, for the wine, it says, "Ask your attendant for today's selections."

i'd google for some local winerys first, then maybe check with   @Defiance19    

i hear tell she likes wine :gikkle: 

• Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Haha 1
6 minutes ago, BHopper2 said:

WINE!!!!!

Ooh, wine... wish I had wine.

If they have it, I'd recommend a Valpolicella. You can never go wrong with one of those. Classico or Ripasso, either is nice. Safe choice, always tastes good. Other than that, I'm entirely unhelpful.

• Like 1
  • Love 1
15 minutes ago, BHopper2 said:

WINE!!!!!

try a Nuits St George, with its fruity cherry and blackberry notes it goes well with most red meats unless well done as well as turkey and game, I'd recommend a 1978 vintage if you can get it although it will cost.

Edited by Mancunian
  • Like 1
  • Love 2
3 minutes ago, MacGreg said:

I say go with ambiguous. "The best cabernet sauvignon" or something like that. Specifics aren't always necessary.

there's no argument with that, there's nothing wrong with a good cab' sov' it's always a good stand by

• Like 2
7 minutes ago, mollyhousemouse said:

i'd google for some local winerys first, then maybe check with   @Defiance19    

i hear tell she likes wine :gikkle: 

I googled the beer they served to see if it's regional. California, Maine, Delaware, and Maryland are where the four craft beers come from. I'll do some more Googling.

7 minutes ago, Thorn Wilde said:

If they have it, I'd recommend a Valpolicella. You can never go wrong with one of those. Classico or Ripasso, either is nice. Safe choice, always tastes good. Other than that, I'm entirely unhelpful.

I looked up the wine, it looks like a good brand.

4 minutes ago, Mancunian said:

try a Nuits St George, with its fruity cherry and blackberry notes it goes well with most red meats unless well done as well as turkey and game, I'd recommend a 1978 vintage if you can get it although it will cost.

That sounds really good. I recently had some strawberry wine, that was absolutely delicious. Cost is no option for Adam and Duncan. 🙂

4 minutes ago, MacGreg said:

I say go with ambiguous. "The best cabernet sauvignon" or something like that. Specifics aren't always necessary.

And this is the route, I'll most likely take.

Thanks everyone.

I like wine, but I am by far not an expert in that area.

• Like 3
10 minutes ago, MacGreg said:

Gallo wineries have made some very good award winning cab' sov's and it's from California just go the even year vintages they are the best

• Like 2
Just now, Mikiesboy said:

my fav wine is cheap

Same! That strawberry wine was marked down to sell from $25.00 to $5.00. My cousin that lives in the back house, loves wine and shared some with me when she bought it.

• Like 2

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..