The Drop in Centre

4 minutes ago, Kitt said:

Afternoon Thorn!  Nothing a bit of ibuprofen and some stretching will not relieve.  I just wish the temp changes were a bit more gradual! 

Understandable. I wish the weather would make up its mind here, too... 

• Like 5
5 minutes ago, Mikiesboy said:

Morning....

audacious Audio pronunciation

adjective | aw-DAY-shus  

Definition

:
intrepidly daring : adventurous

:
recklessly bold : rash

:
contemptuous of law, religion, or decorum : insolent

:
marked by originality and verve

Audacious first appeared in English in the mid-1500s. It was borrowed from the Middle French adjective audacieux, which was derived from the noun audace ("boldness, audacity"). Audace came from the Latin audacia, a derivative of the Latin root audac- ("bold"). Audac- is also the source of audacity, which appeared in Middle English (as audacite) in the 1400s. Audac- can be traced, by way of the Latin verb audēre ("to dare"), to the Latin adjective avidus ("eager" or "greedy"), which was also borrowed by English, either directly from Latin or via the French avide, to give us our adjective avid. Among the early adopters of audacious was William Shakespeare, who used the word seven times in his plays, as in Henry VI, Part 2, where Somerset addresses York with the lines, "I arrest thee, York, / Of capital treason 'gainst the King and crown. / Obey, audacious traitor, kneel for grace."

Interestingly, there's a recording programme called Audacity, and a company called Avid who produce hardware and software for musical recording and mixing. Funny coincidence.

EDIT: Also, good morning! ❤️ 

Edited by Thorn Wilde
  • Like 5

So usually i put a motivational poster here.  Today i share a 13 minute short film.  The next time i'm bitter or down on life, i will remember Ricky Jackson.  i spent time in jail,  i deserved to be there but i can relate in a small way to this:

What Does Freedom Look Like

Edited by Mikiesboy
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, Reader1810 said:

Good morning everyone, and have a great day. As for me, like A was earlier (still?) I am in need of coffee...

Finally got it, and I was dragged out of the house kicking and screaming this morning. I had to go to Walmart.

Alright, a bit dramatic there, but *sigh* I had to go to Walmart. Surprisingly... there was not a soul to be found, aside from the workers, and two little old ladies in the bakery department looking at the marked down baked goods. Well, I was too.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Also, if you see the Pic in my signature... While waiting for the next site update, where we can put series down in the signature and have them explode as stories do, I went a different route.

• Haha 2
11 hours ago, BHopper2 said:

Your writing sometimes reminds me of Christopher Rice. He's Anne Rice's son. 

Now that you mention it, and as I read the first 4 books of Anne Rice's vampire chronicles.

You obviously like Christopher Rice - so, what are his books like, if I may ask? - Hm, it's a very general question, I know.

Are they books about the supernatural, and are they similar to Anne's in their style?

I think they have even published one book together.

• Like 2
1 minute ago, Zenobia said:

Now that you mention it, and as I read the first 4 books of Anne Rice's vampire chronicles.

You obviously like Christopher Rice - so, what are his books like, if I may ask? - Hm, it's a very general question, I know.

Are they books about the supernatural, and are they similar to Anne's in their style?

I think they have even published one book together.

Most are suspense/thriller style. He did write one with his mom.

The ones I've read were well thought out and had some interesting twists. Plots within plots. He's very descriptive with scene setting. It's good, but can come across as "fluff." Which is expected, sort of, in the publishing world, and needing to "pad the pages."

According to his website, he's branched out to do Erotic Romance and Supernatural Thrillers.

The part of Christopher Rice's writing that tim reminds me of is the well thought out plot, and character depth.

• Like 1
  • Love 1
11 hours ago, BHopper2 said:

I've read a few of his. I bought in hardback, his debut novel A Density of Souls, that he wrote when he was 22.  And he co-wrote a story with his mother Ramses The Dammned: The Passion Of Cleopatra.

Oh, and he's gay. A Density of Souls, made his mother ask him, "Did this happen to you?"

Um, yeah... that answers my question, at least mostly - sorry :facepalm:

But I guess I was just so happy to read that you know his books.

• Like 1
11 hours ago, Mikiesboy said:

don't know his work .. i've read hers though  love her vampires

Me too :) Well, I've only read the first four of the vampire chronicles and three of her other books but Interview with the Vampire is still one of my favourite books ever.

• Like 1

So, what are you all up to on this fine Saturday? I've been gaming all day. Needed to relax. My anxiety's letting up a little, which is good. Nothing like distraction as a coping mechanism, I guess.

Edited by Thorn Wilde
  • Like 4

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..