The Drop in Centre

8 minutes ago, Thorn Wilde said:

So, what are you all up to on this fine Saturday? I've been gaming all day. Needed to relax. My anxiety's letting up a little, which is good. Nothing like distraction as a coping mechanism, I guess.

Hello, Thorn. Perhaps there are alternate ways for you to cope with your anxiety. 

• Like 2
  • Love 3
5 minutes ago, MacGreg said:

Hello, Thorn. Perhaps there are alternate ways for you to cope with your anxiety. 

~mmm Yes Sir, there are other ways ... just thinking about them is calming~

• Like 3
  • Love 2
5 minutes ago, BHopper2 said:

Badly written. By her own admission, she scored 0/15 points on the Week 4 rough draft. I can see why.

That's... hmm... too bad. How did you get picked to be a beta reader?

• Like 3
16 minutes ago, Mikiesboy said:

Not a command, hehe.

Great article. Kindness is definitely contagious. Pay it forward, etc. Why shouldn't it be part of a company culture? This is a good article for my capstone project, thanks for sharing it.

• Like 1
1 minute ago, MacGreg said:

That's... hmm... too bad. How did you get picked to be a beta reader?

I've been using my writing here on GA as examples of my writing approach, and a different classmate asked if I would look over his paper if he needed help. I said sure, my student email is on my profile. The professor applauded that I offered to help him.

I think she read, that post and thought I would do it for her too.

• Like 2
  • Love 2
5 minutes ago, mollyhousemouse said:

hello Sir and friends

@MacGreg Sir how is your afternoon?

@Thorn Wilde glad that distraction works for you.  what games are you playing?

@BHopper2 nice of you to help a classmate

@Mikiesboy hi there! i'll be reading the article you linked thanks for that!

Thanks, miss molly.

• Like 1
1 minute ago, MacGreg said:

Not a command, hehe.

Great article. Kindness is definitely contagious. Pay it forward, etc. Why shouldn't it be part of a company culture? This is a good article for my capstone project, thanks for sharing it.

you're welcome Sir,  i think i may share it with my boss and senior manager ...

• Like 2
  • Love 1
Just now, BHopper2 said:

I've been using my writing here on GA as examples of my writing approach, and a different classmate asked if I would look over his paper if he needed help. I said sure, my student email is on my profile. The professor applauded that I offered to help him.

It's nice of you to offer to help, but don't spread your time too thin. You have your own work to do. Hopefully, she'll respect that.

• Like 4
2 minutes ago, MacGreg said:

It's nice of you to offer to help, but don't spread your time too thin. You have your own work to do. Hopefully, she'll respect that.

Yuppers. First thing I did this morning, after the trip to Wally-world (Shudders), was work on mine after the Prof sent back the graded Week 4 rough drafts. I'm letting it stew some before I submit it to the plagiarism checker and upload it for grading.

• Like 5
9 minutes ago, mollyhousemouse said:

hello Sir and friends

@MacGreg Sir how is your afternoon?

@Thorn Wilde glad that distraction works for you.  what games are you playing?

@BHopper2 nice of you to help a classmate

@Mikiesboy hi there! i'll be reading the article you linked thanks for that!

Hello molly, I'm good. Working on homework in between poetry and cleaning my house. Wondering how cobwebs populate so quickly and so profusely. How is your day? Phil feeling better?

• Like 2
  • Love 1
6 minutes ago, BHopper2 said:

you read that article, lol .. that's nice  but Sir is right too...

• Like 1
23 minutes ago, MacGreg said:

Hello molly, I'm good. Working on homework in between poetry and cleaning my house. Wondering how cobwebs populate so quickly and so profusely. How is your day? Phil feeling better?

poetry Sir? reading or writing?

the day has been good, quiet which is nice

Daughter made pies, from scratch, we cut the pumpkin one just now, she can bake!

He is feeling a bit better, He slept several hours last night thank you Sir

excuse me for a bit, need to take said Daughter to work

Edited by mollyhousemouse
  • Like 3
5 minutes ago, mollyhousemouse said:

poetry Sir? reading or writing?

the day has been good, quiet which is nice

Daughter made pies, from scratch, we cut the pumpkin one just now, she can bake!

He is feeling a bit better, He slept several hours last night thank you Sir

excuse for a bit, need to take said Daughter to work

Don't forget to send some of that pie to Florida...

Just kidding, miss molly.

• Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Site Moderator
33 minutes ago, Starrynight22 said:

Happy Saturday all. 

I got my hair cut finally today, it was getting so shaggy. 

Went to the grocery and was pleased at the amount I spent.  And the florist let the little one Have a thanksgiving balloon for free 

He's finallllllllllly napping.   

I got my hair cut as well, because my bangs were getting out of control. Didn’t go grocery shopping, though because it’s raining - I walk to the grocery store. 

Bonus for your little guy scoring a balloon. :) 

• Like 4
  • Love 1

Beta Reading for my classmate's term paper is done... I can only point out what needs to be worked on, it's up to her to follow through.

I think I may need to shoot off a Private Message to the Professor.

• Like 2
  • Wow 1

I was a baaaaaaaaad girl.  I bought myself a Christmas pressie.  Hubby said it was OK, it was not something he would have gotten me, and Wings could not afford it at this point so I know I haven't broken Christmas rule #1.

• Like 3
2 hours ago, MacGreg said:

Different things work at different times. Sometimes picking up an instrument does the trick. Sometimes I write. Today, I game. :)

@mollyhousemouse I've been playing The Sims 4 today. Playing with some cute boys I made. Screenshot attached:

Spoiler

MichaelDaniel4.thumb.jpg.35db896439e7ab562949f8cfae7d7c94.jpg

• Like 2
10 minutes ago, Kitt said:

I was a baaaaaaaaad girl.  I bought myself a Christmas pressie.  Hubby said it was OK, it was not something he would have gotten me, and Wings could not afford it at this point so I know I haven't broken Christmas rule #1.

Nothing wrong with buying yourself a Christmas present, in my opinion, long as you do it with some moderation. :) 

• Like 2

Hi again, all of you. I had the most funny and nice experience in the last hours:

When I was here in the DiC earlier, I was on a train, even an interregional train (they usually have Wifi in Germany now), about 3 hours from home and had a longer journey behind me. When I looked up from my computer and looked at the face of a person who was going through the wagon, I was confused at first and then realized it was a friend of my husband and me! We had a nice conversation for the rest of our journey, he was coming directly from the other direction than I had come, and we met in in a train home!

The world really can be small - and it still is such a coincidence that he was almost in the same wagon 😉

So, that's why I went away so abruptly earlier.

At least I'd like to wish you all a proper good night (well, most of you later, me now) :)

Edited by Zenobia
  • Like 2
  • Love 3

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..