The Drop in Centre

Here's a short video about Thinking Outside the Box. It's one of several my instructor has posted for us, besides the school ones. I was able to do the Nine Dot Puzzle, but I had done it before.

• Like 2
1 minute ago, Reader1810 said:

Works in reverse, too. Lots of shows from the US are blocked in Canada. Maybe it might work if you try by searching Free Reins, CBC from Youtube directly rather than my link. It might work that way? 

Can't hurt to try!

• Like 3
1 minute ago, Reader1810 said:

Works in reverse, too. Lots of shows from the US are blocked in Canada. Maybe it might work if you try by searching Free Reins, CBC from Youtube directly rather than my link. It might work that way? 

I'll give it a try in a few.

• Like 2
3 hours ago, Mikiesboy said:

Does my boss have access to my gmail?

That's really interesting. Ties in well with the Finnish school system, where for every 45 minutes of lessons there's a 15 minute break for free play. Not only does it help the children develop socially, but it also makes it easier for them to pay attention to the next lesson. And school days never last longer than until two o'clock in primary education. The Finnish school system is widely recognised as one of the most successful in the world, so it must be working. 

Edited by Thorn Wilde
  • Like 4

I think I'm going to enjoy this course over the next five weeks. When the first line of the Textbook quotes John Milton, you know it's going to be good.

"The mind is its own place, and in itself can make a hell of heaven or a heaven of hell." - John Milton, Paradise Lost

• Love 3
21 minutes ago, BHopper2 said:

Thanks, Reader.

Still blocked. Damn US laws.

17 minutes ago, Reader1810 said:

Or try a VPN. That's what I do when I want to watch something not readily available in my country... Like Doctor Who.

• Like 2
36 minutes ago, BHopper2 said:

I think I'm going to enjoy this course over the next five weeks. When the first line of the Textbook quotes John Milton, you know it's going to be good.

"The mind is its own place, and in itself can make a hell of heaven or a heaven of hell." - John Milton, Paradise Lost

Number One argued for Satan in his high school lit class when they did this book

• Love 3
6 minutes ago, mollyhousemouse said:

Number One argued for Satan in his high school lit class when they did this book

That was brave of him. Most students wouldn't even touch that subject, or just do a half-ass job of it.

So far, from what I've read of my new class. It's part psychology and part discussion and opposing viewpoints.

• Like 3
13 minutes ago, mollyhousemouse said:

My Norwegian teacher in high school was an old goth. When we were doing literature she did several lessons on gothic type literature (she didn't care much about language at this point), including Milton (though he's technically pre-Gothic) and Blake, who references Milton a lot. Because we were a music class she brought in music to illustrate, so we listened to Norwegian industrial/black metal band Ulver's Marriage of Heaven and Hell, words by William Blake, and then picked a piece to translate. It was very, very awesome. We argued a lot for the devils in that class... :P But this is a very different culture when it comes to stuff like this.

I picked this one:

• Like 4
  • Site Moderator
2 hours ago, Thorn Wilde said:

Or try a VPN. That's what I do when I want to watch something not readily available in my country... Like Doctor Who.

tim mentioned VPNs - I’d never heard of such a thing - so I did a little research, and I have to say, they mystify me. 

• Like 2
4 minutes ago, Reader1810 said:

tim mentioned VPNs - I’d never heard of such a thing - so I did a little research, and I have to say, they mystify me. 

it's kinda of like a tunnel, it creates a secure connection that is encrypted over less secure network.  

• Like 3

Have started Shadow of the Tomb Raider. Reactions so far:

Cool! There's a setting to make everyone speak their native language where it makes sense!

Huh, that's a lot of creative ways for Lara to die in the first half hour.

Did that child just fall to their death?

Jonah really has to go through hell in these games.

Them be some big capybaras.

Holy crap, fothermucking jaguars!!

• Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Haha 1
1 minute ago, BHopper2 said:

Great article. I believe there is an effect. I've always felt better after a few turns on Bejeweled.

omg when playing red dead with Peter .. Michael would come in and find us laffing like fools ... there was this looong straight stretch of road, we we'd capture wagons, kill all the guys in it and then blockade the road with the wagons .. it was stupid but we had a great time ... Michael would just shake His head and walk away mumbling about toddlers and never having wanted children...LOL

• Haha 3
9 minutes ago, Mikiesboy said:

omg when playing red dead with Peter .. Michael would come in and find us laffing like fools ... there was this looong straight stretch of road, we we'd capture wagons, kill all the guys in it and then blockade the road with the wagons .. it was stupid but we had a great time ... Michael would just shake His head and walk away mumbling about toddlers and never having wanted children...LOL

There have been studies that have linked Video Games to better hand-eye coordination, problem-solving skills, and generally more adapt to technology. Though there are some downsides, such as a lack of social skills, time-management problems, and easily being distracted. Granted not everyone will have the benefits and negatives.

• Like 2
  • Love 1

Just got an email from the Natural Calm peeps. Yes, I signed up for their newsletter. They have a limited edition Holiday Spice flavor for sale on their website.  You can get 25% off with the coupon code of "getspicy." Not sure if that is for just the Holiday one, or all products, or if it works in Canada. 

• Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Wow 1

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..