The Drop in Centre

48 minutes ago, BHopper2 said:

There have been studies that have linked Video Games to better hand-eye coordination, problem-solving skills, and generally more adapt to technology. Though there are some downsides, such as a lack of social skills, time-management problems, and easily being distracted. Granted not everyone will have the benefits and negatives.

I know that being a gamer was massively useful when I was doing sound for a play last year. There was this one scene that had so many cues, that had to be timed right according to the actors' movements. I had to do that in QLab on my Mac at the same time as I had to pay attention to the levels on the mixer. If I hadn't been a gamer, I don't think I would have ever been able to do that scene properly (and I screwed up so many times, too, but thankfully the audience don't know what it's supposed to be like, so... :P )

Gaming is a really useful distraction for me. It gets me out of my head, gives me something to focus on, and solving complex puzzles or completing challenges in a game makes me feel like I've accomplished something, which makes me feel better about myself. I think most games can have a therapeutic effect.

• Like 3
2 hours ago, Mikiesboy said:

omg!  that was hilarious!

1 hour ago, Mikiesboy said:

Can video games help heal the mind? Read more... HERE!

i know that they help Number One bleed off his anxiety, and when he's angry, a few hours of "blowing s**t up: makes him feel better

1 hour ago, BHopper2 said:

There have been studies that have linked Video Games to better hand-eye coordination, problem-solving skills, and generally more adapt to technology. Though there are some downsides, such as a lack of social skills, time-management problems, and easily being distracted. Granted not everyone will have the benefits and negatives.

to the lack of social skills, he plays online with a group of people he wouldn't know if he met them on the street, but when the hurricane hit the Panama City area, they were all anxious to hear from two of their group who live in that area. He's become quite a leader you can hear him coaching his "team" through the play.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, BHopper2 said:

Just got an email from the Natural Calm peeps. Yes, I signed up for their newsletter. They have a limited edition Holiday Spice flavor for sale on their website.  You can get 25% off with the coupon code of "getspicy." Not sure if that is for just the Holiday one, or all products, or if it works in Canada. 

what would "Holiday Spice" be?

peppermint? more pumpkin spice?

i drink it like it's a cheap shot of tequila, so not sure that taste would be much of an incentive

• Like 1
  • Love 1
39 minutes ago, mollyhousemouse said:

what would "Holiday Spice" be?

peppermint? more pumpkin spice?

i drink it like it's a cheap shot of tequila, so not sure that taste would be much of an incentive

It's billed as "Holiday Citrus Spice." So I'm thinking some mulled Orange.

• Like 1
14 minutes ago, mollyhousemouse said:

maybe a little grapefruit

i bought a few Texas pink grapefruit at the grocery store, i had one yesterday

SOOO tasty

My sister and I were talking about Texas today.  Basically winter sucks and naming places we could move to lol 

• Like 4
  • Site Moderator
7 minutes ago, Defiance19 said:

Pardon the interruption.. hehe

Just wishing you all a good night! 

Guess what? You’re not the only one who needs a pardon tonight 0:)

Good night Def...happy dreams 

• Like 1
  • Love 2
  • Haha 1
  • Site Moderator
25 minutes ago, Mikiesboy said:

@Reader1810 never does bad things...never cheats or anything.. she is just perfect as she is.    

good night every one xoxoxo

Have I told you lately that I luvs you? 

And with that, good night and sweet dreamz, tim. :hug: 

• Love 3

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..