The Drop in Centre

7 minutes ago, mollyhousemouse said:

Sirs and friends

after a long holiday weekend that didn't go to plan i'm back to work tomorrow, so i'm going to head off to bed

sleep well everyone, i hope to see you all tomorrow

Sleep Well, miss molly.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, mollyhousemouse said:

Sirs and friends

after a long holiday weekend that didn't go to plan i'm back to work tomorrow, so i'm going to head off to bed

sleep well everyone, i hope to see you all tomorrow

Sorry to hear it, molly. Tomorrow is a fresh day. Not Friday... but still a fresh day. Sleep well. 

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, Mikiesboy said:

Sometimes we need to look elsewhere and realize others can teach us. Some of them may not be human.

You may not be able to view the video ... but you can read what's there ...

The information was better absorbed by reading, at least for me.  That's why I don't watch TV.  Thanks much for sharing it.

Besides being excellent information overall, this will be very useful for a story I'm trying to develop in a ranch environment.

• Like 3
2 minutes ago, Backwoods Boy said:

The information was better absorbed by reading, at least for me.  That's why I don't watch TV.  Thanks much for sharing it.

Besides being excellent information overall, this will be very useful for a story I'm trying to develop in a ranch environment.

funny you know ... i didnt like horses for a long time... mainly cuz i got chased by cops that rode them. i deserved it, but that's all they were.. cop cars with legs.   then i decided to write After The Past and suddenly i needed to learn about them... and one of them becomes a main character.  He developed this personality and frankly i'd neither really planned for that or expected it. One guy on the site always remembers him ... its very humbling frankly, that someone does remember.   but now i read and watch whatever i can ...

• Like 5
Just now, Mikiesboy said:

funny you know ... i didnt like horses for a long time... mainly cuz i got chased by cops that rode them. i deserved it, but that's all they were.. cop cars with legs.   then i decided to write After The Past and suddenly i needed to learn about them... and one of them becomes a main character.  He developed this personality and frankly i'd neither really planned for that or expected it. One guy on the site always remembers him ... its very humbling frankly, that someone does remember.   but now i read and watch whatever i can ...

Thanks for the reference to your story.  I'll add it to my reading list.  I started this story about a couple of kids on a ranch and I'm having that same "suddenly I need to learn" experience.  I know about rural life, but "ranch rural" is going to be a bit different than "logging rural".

• Love 3
Just now, Backwoods Boy said:

Thanks for the reference to your story.  I'll add it to my reading list.  I started this story about a couple of kids on a ranch and I'm having that same "suddenly I need to learn" experience.  I know about rural life, but "ranch rural" is going to be a bit different than "logging rural".

yeah, i have a tendency to decide to write about things i know nothing about.... motorcycle racing, spinal cord injuries, what kind of tile and flooring is best for wheelchairs, goats, salamanders, fairies... brownies, angels.. yeah.  i do lots of research often.  Changes is only 13 chapters or something but it took a year to write it cuz of the research ... that was a long road. But it worked. One of the reader's husbands had the same injury for the same reason.  when i first read that i thought he'd say i'd messed it up... thankfully not.

• Love 4
40 minutes ago, Mikiesboy said:

Sometimes we need to look elsewhere and realize others can teach us. Some of them may not be human.

You may not be able to view the video ... but you can read what's there ...

That’s a great read, tim.  I just forwarded it to my sister who have clients who use horses in therapy.  Kitt might find it interesting too.  

• Like 5
2 minutes ago, Parker Owens said:

Good morning everyone. Snowing hard here. Safe warm day to each and all. 

not moving today ... called into work ... taking a mental health day    not snowing here that i can see but it's windy.  

• Love 5
1 minute ago, Mikiesboy said:

not moving today ... called into work ... taking a mental health day    not snowing here that i can see but it's windy.  

Enjoy your mental health day.

12 minutes ago, Parker Owens said:

Good morning everyone. Snowing hard here. Safe warm day to each and all. 

Raining fairly hard here, which is fine.  We're behind on our eighty inches per year expectations.

I've been having an early morning insomnia attack.  Heading back to bed now for a couple more hours of sleep, I hope.

• Like 3

I find horses terrifying.  This is probably because I was bit by one as a child.  I don't dislike them, but I won't voluntarily go near them or touch them. 

I need to branch out into writing about things that take research.  I'm a lazy writer I guess. I'm also not very good,so I'm not motivated to put that kinda effort in just yet. 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Mikiesboy said:

Mental health days are frequently needed. I went to school, but came home again. Part migraine, part feeling a depressive episode coming on... Take care of yourself! ❤️ 

• Like 2

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..