The Drop in Centre

6 minutes ago, MichaelS36 said:

It's a beautiful thing. Now, let's see if I can make a certain boy squawk! Lol!  Have a good night Mac. 

Hope it's quiet for you. Have a good one, Mike.

• Like 1
  • Love 1
34 minutes ago, MichaelS36 said:

That is beyond rude! I'm sorry to hear that!

Thanks, Mike. Live and learn.

34 minutes ago, MacGreg said:

What is wrong with people?

I wish I knew. One more day, and then on to the next class.

• Like 2
6 hours ago, BHopper2 said:

Thanks everyone.

I like wine, but I am by far not an expert in that area.

I'm with you on both liking and expertise.  I get my advice online from a guy who calls himself the reverse wine snob.  His basic philosophy is that good wine doesn't have to be expensive, and his recommendations are all under $20.  I've found some excellent choices (mostly red blends) on his site.  I mention this since you might like to look for your own use.  It obviously wouldn't do for your affluent characters.  

• Like 1
  • Love 1
21 minutes ago, Backwoods Boy said:

I'm with you on both liking and expertise.  I get my advice online from a guy who calls himself the reverse wine snob.  His basic philosophy is that good wine doesn't have to be expensive, and his recommendations are all under $20.  I've found some excellent choices (mostly red blends) on his site.  I mention this since you might like to look for your own use.  It obviously wouldn't do for your affluent characters.

That would be cool. I'd love to see the site.

Honestly, Adam and Duncan would rather have a shot of whiskey with a beer chaser, than anything else. LOL. That's the main reason why Adam invested into the brewery and brewpub, when his business partner and cousin on Dad's side of the family, Jace Stratton made the offer... free beer. One of the perks that the brewery has is that every bi-weekly paycheck, they get two free cases of beer. Anheuser -Busch did that with the brewery here in Tampa, at Busch Gardens before they took the brewery out.

I just realized I need to do a family tree. I had planned on Adam and Jace to be cousins, hadn't put it into the story yet. But, Jace from My Son, is the same Jace in My Christmas Joy, with Alex and Dean.

• Like 2
  • Wow 1
4 hours ago, BHopper2 said:

I don't want to go on a rant, and not going to. Having said that... I won't be helping any more classmates. This lady didn't even thank me, or a go to hell, when I sent her back her document. I did let the Professor know what was up, and supplied the document to her as well. With that, I wash my hands of it.

OMG, so rude! People suck. Except everyone in here, cause you're awesome.

Morning, everyone! (Well, morning here, for you guys it's the middle of the night...) I decided to stay home from my lecture, but then I couldn't get back to sleep again, so I'm gonna do some writing.

• Like 5

OM Gosh, AC sent me the most wonderful essay he wrote. Oh i wish i had a tenth of his talent and brain. I'm lucky to know him. If you want to write or learn about poetry just be patient. It is gonna be good!!

And so good morning ... i rather like this one ...

quirk Audio pronunciation

verb | KWERK  

Definition

Did you expect quirk to be a noun meaning "a peculiarity of action or behavior"? If so, you're probably not alone; the "peculiarity" sense of the noun quirk is commonly known and has been a part of our language since the 17th century. But quirk has long worn other hats in English, too. The sense meaning "a curve, turn, or twist" has named everything from curving pen marks on paper (i.e., flourishes) to witty turns of phrase to the vagaries or twists of fate. In contemporary English, the verb quirk can be used in referring to facial expressions, especially those that involve crooked smiles or furrowed eyebrows.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, Defiance19 said:

@BHopper2, molly and you both have the right idea. Google wineries and breweries for craft beer in the area. Along with the regular whites and reds, (cabernet, Chardonnay) they would most likely offer brews and bottles the area is known for. 

As for your sweet dessert wines? Though I’m not a fan of really sweet wines, 

Rieslings, Moscatos, Sherry or Ports make the cut. (wise one indeed) lol  😌

A thousand thank yous, Agent D, our international spy, and resident wine expert.

• Like 3
4 hours ago, Mikiesboy said:

And so good morning ... i rather like this one ...

Good morning, tim.

Kick today's backside, and make it go crying to momma!

Edited by BHopper2
  • Like 2

An official GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOD MORNING DiC!!!!

*Sings Badly, with apologies to R.E.M.*

It's the last day of class, as we know it,

It's the last day of class, as we know it,

And I feel fine!!!!

New class tomorrow marks the end of the semester and will take me through January.

May everyone have a great day... own it!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Can I rant a bit? If you are not up for listening, feel free to skip the rest of this post.

So a week ago yesterday I get a call from a lady with an injured alpaca that needed transport to a veterinary clinic.  I was already at a riding event with both trailers.  I gave the lady with horses in the smaller trailer the bums rush to get her home and go get the alpaca.  She volunteered to go with me so I would not have to handle the animal alone.  I dont know nothing about tending no alpacas!

We get her there quick and safe, no worse for the trailer ride.

Saturday I text the lady to ask how the animal is doing. Since she had told me the injury was the result of a coyote attack, I also offered to put her in touch with peeps that could help her with the coyotes.

Well she gives me this huge attitude like I was pushing for the business to bring her home.  I told her I was just interested in the animals welfare, that if she could find a free ride home so much the better, but if not she knew where to find me.

Then the witch proceeds to lecture me on how my suggestion is illegal, as it would mean trapping, and she does not believe in it as well as being illegal, and that the DFG&W ARE THE ONLY ONES ALLOWED TO TRAP 

First off I took offence that she concluded I would suggest something illegal.  

Second, the peeps I was referring her to ARE DFG&W!

Third, trapping IS legal in NJ when properly licensed, as is hunting coyote. In fact coyote ond coy dog ( cross breeds with feral dogs) have become such a nuisance, all hunters are advised to shoot on sight and report it immediately.  They travel in packs and attack domestic animals. It's only a matter of time before a small child becomes a victim when wanting to "pet the puppy"

Ok, so I quietly tell her the peeps were fish and game and did not tell her off, just said so sorry I bothered you. Have been seething ever since.

The topper?  Today she calls for me to go get the damned alpaca!

Ok. Rant over.  I now return you to your regularly programmed chatting.

• Wow 5
10 hours ago, BHopper2 said:

I just realized I need to do a family tree. I had planned on Adam and Jace to be cousins, hadn't put it into the story yet. But, Jace from My Son, is the same Jace in My Christmas Joy, with Alex and Dean.

Yeah, you better be careful with that complicated family tree, or you'll be having unintended incest 😉 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

quirk Audio pronunciation

verb | KWERK  

Definition

Did you expect quirk to be a noun meaning "a peculiarity of action or behavior"? If so, you're probably not alone; the "peculiarity" sense of the noun quirk is commonly known and has been a part of our language since the 17th century. But quirk has long worn other hats in English, too. The sense meaning "a curve, turn, or twist" has named everything from curving pen marks on paper (i.e., flourishes) to witty turns of phrase to the vagaries or twists of fate. In contemporary English, the verb quirk can be used in referring to facial expressions, especially those that involve crooked smiles or furrowed eyebrows.

Thanks for the one-syllable word!  By a quirk of fate, it might have use in the Christmas Story Challenge.  Assuming I ever figure out something to do with that.  A cane, a wreath, and an elf with a quirk.  Maybe not.  

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

Hello, lovely people! My D&D group was cancelled tonight, and I decided to call in sick for the choir thing cause I have a really bad cough. So now I'm sitting at home playing Rise of the Tomb Raider while the new game installs. Hope everyone is having a nice day! ❤️ 

• Like 5
42 minutes ago, Kitt said:

Can I rant a bit? If you are not up for listening, feel free to skip the rest of this post.

One might  be inclined to be too busy.  Or to add on an aggravation fee.  :evil:

• Like 5
22 minutes ago, Backwoods Boy said:

Yeah, you better be careful with that complicated family tree, or you'll be having unintended incest 😉 

True.  Could end up like the one I attempted for Mark Arbours CAP series.  Was more like a bramble filled family bush!

• Haha 3
28 minutes ago, Backwoods Boy said:

They're all dudes... so it's all good. lol. Seriously, though I don't plan on doing more than two more stories in the series and a few in the world.

3 minutes ago, Kitt said:

True.  Could end up like the one I attempted for Mark Arbours CAP series.  Was more like a bramble filled family bush!

I've never read the CAP series.

56 minutes ago, Kitt said:

I rant all the time here. But, what that lady did was pretty fracked up. Charge her gas money.

• Like 2
  • Site Moderator

image.png.878524a599e1b3e5102d7d02142373c1.png     This is quite relatable to us who live a D/s Life ... silence and mindfulness are important. 

I’m with you regarding silence, tim. As for mindfulness? I need a little - or a lot, sometimes - work in that area. I actually looked up the dictionary definition, so I know this to be true. *sigh* 

Edit: The zen frog is really awesome! 

Edited by Reader1810
  • Like 1
  • Love 3

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..