The Drop in Centre

Good morning DiC'ers.

On my tablet. But wanted to say hi.

New class starts today, and was with mom this morning.

Love always, be excellent to each other, and party on dudes.

Edited by BHopper2
  • Like 2
  • Love 2

Good morning all.  Alpaca home safe, didn't hit witch upside the head, chores done and ready to start my day off. 

4 hours ago, Mikiesboy said:

Sometimes we need to look elsewhere and realize others can teach us. Some of them may not be human.

You may not be able to view the video ... but you can read what's there ...

Excellent article about what we do in EQ therapy, and spot on in learning body language skills!

Because you can only give one emogie on a post,  :heart::heart::heart:

3 hours ago, Mikiesboy said:

funny you know ... i didnt like horses for a long time... mainly cuz i got chased by cops that rode them. i deserved it, but that's all they were.. cop cars with legs.   then i decided to write After The Past and suddenly i needed to learn about them... and one of them becomes a main character.  He developed this personality and frankly i'd neither really planned for that or expected it. One guy on the site always remembers him ... its very humbling frankly, that someone does remember.   but now i read and watch whatever i can ...

Mersey is a memorable horse. 

You can't blame horses for being 4 legged cop cars!

3 hours ago, Defiance19 said:

That’s a great read, tim.  I just forwarded it to my sister who have clients who use horses in therapy.  Kitt might find it interesting too.  

I did!

Edited by Kitt
Auto incorrect strikes again.
  • Like 1
  • Love 4
28 minutes ago, Starrynight22 said:

That feeling when a work colleague tells you at 1035am they'll be there in 5 or ten minutes and you say ok but I have an 1130am meeting......and here it's 10 after 11 and.......yup. No show colleague.  

I'll head to my meeting and she will be angry I am not at my desk lol 

LOL!  Obviously the world revolves around said colleague.  :worship:

The same subspecies is angry when you interrupt their long-winded non-work-related dissertation to go to said meeting after telling them three times that you have to leave. 

Thanks for reminding me how happy I am to be retired.🙂

Edited by Backwoods Boy
  • Love 1
  • Haha 4
2 hours ago, Mikiesboy said:

Does my boss have access to my gmail?

1 hour ago, mollyhousemouse said:

omg!

i'm going to have to read that today

thanks for sharing

i almost always feel guilty for taking time off

remembering the things the article talked about would be helpful

thanks again for sharing it @Mikiesboy

• Like 3

Finally off the tablet.

Sometimes we need to look elsewhere and realize others can teach us. Some of them may not be human.

That was a good article. Couldn't see the video, blocked, but it was a good read. Maybe I should look into it, because of the trust issues, I still have.

not moving today ... called into work ... taking a mental health day    not snowing here that i can see but it's windy.  

You take care of yourself, my Brother. Virtual Hugs.

2 hours ago, Mikiesboy said:

Does my boss have access to my gmail?

Like Mac said, not what I was expecting, but a good read.

• Like 3
3 minutes ago, BHopper2 said:

Maybe I should look into it, because of the trust issues, I still have

In many cases insurance covers part or all of the cost, and in many states the DDD will subsidize Eq therapy.

• Like 4
17 minutes ago, MacGreg said:

This was not the article I expected, but what I read was good. 

it was ... until recently, i did everything humanly possible not to be at work ... last few months i've enjoyed it for the most part.  i've even noticed myself smile at the customers even though they cannot see it.  today, however i am torn but i know i'll go back tomorrow in a better place than i was earlier today.

i have cleaned and made a pot of soup for dinner.

• Like 2
  • Love 2
5 minutes ago, BHopper2 said:

That was a good article. Couldn't see the video, blocked, but it was a good read. Maybe I should look into it, because of the trust issues, I still have.

i wish you could have seen it, it was very good, very interesting ... wonderful woman that runs the place ... does some amazing things with these kids and young adults. 

• Like 3
  • Love 1
1 minute ago, Mikiesboy said:

i wish you could have seen it, it was very good, very interesting ... wonderful woman that runs the place ... does some amazing things with these kids and young adults. 

I'll look later on YouTube and see if someone posted it there. I'll be calling the county, who my insurance is through, to see if it's included. (Thanks again, @Kitt

Thanks for posting it this morning. It is timely.

• Like 4
  • Love 1
5 hours ago, Mikiesboy said:

thanks for this one too tim

:hug:

Edited by mollyhousemouse
  • Like 2
4 minutes ago, Mikiesboy said:

One 19 yo guy ... no speech at all after age 3 ... he walks etc, but cannot bath himself or anything, his mom does all that for him.  He goes to the farm and rides out with her to a small cabin and she asks him questions and writes two cards... one with the correct answer and a wrong one ... he points out the correct one.. She says he is in there ...locked away, she is determined to get him out.

Ok. That just brought a tear to my eye.

• Like 3
11 minutes ago, Mikiesboy said:

i loved them painting the horses ... who didn't seem to mind!   or the kids would just lay on the horses back .. just standing quietly... and the kids stress and cortisol levels would just drop.  One 19 yo guy ... no speech at all after age 3 ... he walks etc, but cannot bath himself or anything, his mom does all that for him.  He goes to the farm and rides out with her to a small cabin and she asks him questions and writes two cards... one with the correct answer and a wrong one ... he points out the correct one.. She says he is in there ...locked away, she is determined to get him out.

The kids go and stay there sometimes and they all get along... there they are not different.  really amazing

6 minutes ago, BHopper2 said:

Ok. That just brought a tear to my eye.

• Like 4
  • Site Moderator
5 hours ago, Mikiesboy said:

I can watch it, which I will do later when I can give it my full attention. :) 

• Like 4
  • Site Moderator
1 minute ago, BHopper2 said:

Thanks, Reader.

Still blocked. Damn US laws.

Works in reverse, too. Lots of shows from the US are blocked in Canada. Maybe it might work if you try by searching Free Reins, CBC from Youtube directly rather than my link. It might work that way? 

• Like 2

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..