The Drop in Centre

26 minutes ago, mollyhousemouse said:

good morning Sirs
good morning friends
it's a quiet morning here, probably not going to do much today "excessive heat warnings" again today
i've got the ingredients for @Mikiesboy's famous "Morning Glory Muffins" on the shopping list. i'll let you know how they turn out tomorrow afternoon sometime
hope everyone has a good afternoon (or evening @chris191070

I hear you molly. It has been a quiet day so far. My biggest accomplishment was getting meat sauce made, well simmering in two crock pots. 

Older son was going to come home this weekend, but discovered that moving is a lot more work than he realized. His exact words "Mom, moving sucks. I don’t know why I thought this was fun when I was ten."😂 he only has one small truckload of stuff. We had a 3 bedroom household to relocate when he was ten and he got to fly from MD to FL. 

Enjoy the rest of your day! Stay cool.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
34 minutes ago, mollyhousemouse said:

good morning Sirs
good morning friends
it's a quiet morning here, probably not going to do much today "excessive heat warnings" again today
i've got the ingredients for @Mikiesboy's famous "Morning Glory Muffins" on the shopping list. i'll let you know how they turn out tomorrow afternoon sometime
hope everyone has a good afternoon (or evening @chris191070

Hey Molly, I've had a good day here. Not done much as it very warm here today. Hope everyone is keeping well.

• Like 5
1 hour ago, rickproehl said:

Excuse me Good Sirs and DiC friends.

just wanted to stop in and say Good Afternoon 

spent the morning at local farmers market. my favorite baker was there this is a maple iced , bacon Bismarck. 

this one kept calling my name. 

So how is your day going? 

1D74E42F-43C0-4F34-B3D1-C21F54FB7955.jpeg

I'm not sure if I should be amazed, horrified or drooling. I think I'm gonna go with drooling. It is bacon after all. 

Stay safe and dry rick!

Edited by kbois
  • Like 4
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, kbois said:

I'm not sure if I should be amazed, horrified or drooling. I think I'm gonna go with drooling. It is bacon after all. 

Stay safe and dry rick!

kbois it was good but i only bought 1 so no danger of overeating. so the rain has slowed to a drizzle. 
so how is everyone else today?

• Like 5
  • Site Moderator
41 minutes ago, rickproehl said:

Excuse me Good Sirs and DiC friends.

just wanted to stop in and say Good Afternoon

spent this day just doing nothing and not feeling guilty. trying to rest up for the upcoming week.

So how is your day going? 

Good afternoon, rick. It’s a rainy day so Im spending the day reading, and hoping it will clear so I can go for a walk. 

Doing nothing? Absolutely nothing wrong with doing nothing. :thumbup:

• Like 2
  • Love 2
On 8/15/2020 at 6:19 AM, Mikiesboy said:

Yes, i do have Him.  He makes sure i get my meds everyday. He takes good care of me.

i hope you're doing okay, Ashi.  xoxo

I am doing okay....  My right arm and back hurts.  My doctor will say I am getting old....  He never really cured any of my ailments, only telling me something I already know....  Anyways, I am getting a new desk chair, hoping it'll cure my arm issue with better ergonomics.  Using keyboard and mouse hurts nowadays. 

Yesterday I went to San Francisco, and wore a mask.  I can't bear to stay in home or just kept within in vicinity forever....

Last night there was a strange lightening fest.  I was waking up by the lightening (but no thunder for a while).  Initially I thought it was me too exhausted came home from SF, so my eyes were seeing things that was not there, but later after a couple dozen of lightening, one thunder clap finally happened, confirming I wasn't imagining things....  Here in San Jose, we shouldn't have rain this time of the year (or any time between late Spring until Thanksgiving (US, which is end of Nov)), but last night there was a flash storm lasted maybe half and hour, with ridiculous gusty wind....  Fortunately my car is in garage.  I can imagine some tree branches might be on the ground if I went out today.

I am sure there is no news coverage for it..., as news wants to drill us with politics, not everyday stuff that affects our lives....  Oh, I just remembered, the refinery was on fire on Friday across the bay when I was working....  I need to search and see if there was a news coverage for it....  Won't hold my breath....

EDIT:  Here it is....  Apparent a google search shows quite a bit of results starting 2019, but after adding the keyword Friday, this is exactly what happened last Friday.

https://sanfrancisco.cbslocal.com/2020/08/14/flaring-at-richmond-chevron-refinery-triggers-community-alert/

Apparently refinery on fire is so frequent last couple of years, this is considered minor issue.....  Last year or year before, same Chevron refinery was leaking toxic fume....  Richmond had to evacuate its residence.  This is the new normal nowadays.

Edited by Ashi
  • Like 3
  • Wow 1

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..