The Drop in Centre

5 minutes ago, MichaelS36 said:

The word idiots comes to mind.  Hang in there.

That just made me smile....thanks!

Covidiot, Floridiot....take your pick. 

• Like 5
1 hour ago, kbois said:

I know that I mentioned we had Covid testing done at my work last month. Well it had to be redone because apparently the state of Florida can't do anything right and all of the results were invalid. So....I was retested a couple of weeks ago. All handouts and information stated that you would only be contacted if your results were positive. So guess who gets a phone call from the Florida Dept of Health? Yep, like I don't have enough shit in my life to worry about. So after getting the message, I called back, gave my information and was informed that indeed my result of the test was negative.

Say what? 

I was shaking. I'm in a high risk category to begin with and they managed to jump start any heart issues I may have. It's bad enough to have health issues to start with but throw in uninsured on top of it and my panic level went through the roof there for a few minutes. 

I'm just glad it wasn't positive. I haven't been that scared over a test since a pregnancy scare at 19. Damn.

Take Care :hug:

• Like 3
  • Site Moderator
58 minutes ago, mollyhousemouse said:

instant pot recipes are wonderful! so much goodness, not a lot of effort!

I’ve tried risotto before, but didn’t really care for it. Is this one of those foods that all “recipes” are not created equal? Also, I scrolled to the bottom and found this recipe. I want an InstaPot just to try it. :D 

https://damndelicious.net/2018/03/23/sun-dried-tomato-parmesan-biscuits/

• Like 4
27 minutes ago, Reader1810 said:

I’ve tried risotto before, but didn’t really care for it. Is this one of those foods that all “recipes” are not created equal? Also, I scrolled to the bottom and found this recipe. I want an InstaPot just to try it. :D 

https://damndelicious.net/2018/03/23/sun-dried-tomato-parmesan-biscuits/

In my opinion the only ones who can get risotto right are true Italians. I tried a few recipes but never quite got it right. 

This is the chicken recipe I  did tonight. If you like spicy, cheese, chicken and bacon, this is to die for:

https://spicysouthernkitchen.com/instant-pot-jalapeno-popper-shredded-chicken/

I suggest shredding the chicken before adding the cheese.

Those biscuits look good too!

• Like 4
  • Site Moderator
25 minutes ago, kbois said:

In my opinion the only ones who can get risotto right are true Italians. I tried a few recipes but never quite got it right. 

This is the chicken recipe I  did tonight. If you like spicy, cheese, chicken and bacon, this is to die for:

https://spicysouthernkitchen.com/instant-pot-jalapeno-popper-shredded-chicken/

I suggest shredding the chicken before adding the cheese.

Those biscuits look good too!

Mmm... looks delish! 

• Like 1
  • Love 2
11 hours ago, kbois said:

In my opinion the only ones who can get risotto right are true Italians.

My grandmother was 100% Italian and she wouldn't make it. She wouldn't make polenta either. Both are a PITA and your arms want to fall off from all that stirring.  I leave those two dishes to the restaurants. 😉

• Like 5
59 minutes ago, Fae Briona said:

My brother called at 2:30am -- never a good sign.  Mom had called the ambulance saying she was having trouble breathing. She was unresponsive when they arrived and -- in spite of a DNR prominently posted on the refrigerator where they're supposed to look -- they intubated her and she's now on a ventilator. Chest xrays came back w. lungs clear but fluid around the heart, so it's most likely congestive heart failure -- something that took out almost all of her siblings.

Brother should be calling soon -- if not I'll call him -- to give me an update. He couldn't get into ICU until 7am this morning.

😢💔

Sorry to hear this, Fae. Best wishes for healing and recovery.

• Like 5

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..