The Drop in Centre

• Site Moderator
5 minutes ago, rickproehl said:

we need this now

Did you hear about that cheese factory that exploded in France?

Hide contents

There was nothing left but de Brie!

And, here I thought I was going to see an exploded factory covered in cheese. :P 

Spoiler

Honestly, that’s what I thought...  :rolleyes: at self. 

Edited by Reader1810
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3
1 hour ago, spyke said:

But that is the difference. You did a pm and kept things private. If that author had such an inflamed ego that your help was turned down, then it's his/her loss as well as the readers loss. The one I'm talking about goes after one author in public time and time again. He offers nothing but grammar and typo criticism in the comments. He never makes any comment about the substance of the story and he's never made any meaningful comments on any authors story. 

I tip my hat off to anyone who offers to help with editing. I can only imagine that it's a difficult job to undertake and probably a thankless job for many. Thank you for your insight @Kitt

Good editors are a godsend.  And writer's ego are their worst enemy during that process. And it is a process. You need talk and listen to your editor. Hopefully you can find someone who is willing to not want to change your voice.  You will not always agree but you can be respectful to each other.

I've only worked with @Kitt once but it was a good experience.  

• Like 5

Well, today started out with me bring tired and cranky. I'm still tired, but the cranky got erased by some good news this afternoon. 

Our community is family owned and the owners have decided to forgo those awful self flagellating mid year reviews. Instead they are acknowledging all the extra work we've been doing due to this whole Covid thing and we're getting an extra bonus in our checks this week. Yay! AND to throw some icing on the cake, I sold one of our homes by myself today. Double yay! 

I also found a recipe for Spicy Honey Chicken, so that's in the Instapot thingy. It smells good.  👍 

• Like 2
  • Love 2
  • Site Moderator
7 minutes ago, kbois said:

Well, today started out with me bring tired and cranky. I'm still tired, but the cranky got erased by some good news this afternoon. 

Our community is family owned and the owners have decided to forgo those awful self flagellating mid year reviews. Instead they are acknowledging all the extra work we've been doing due to this whole Covid thing and we're getting an extra bonus in our checks this week. Yay! AND to throw some icing on the cake, I sold one of our homes by myself today. Double yay! 

I also found a recipe for Spicy Honey Chicken, so that's in the Instapot thingy. It smells good.  👍 

Yay all around! :D 

• Like 3
  • Love 1
  • Site Moderator
31 minutes ago, Starrynight22 said:

Hello all.  Happy Monday.  It looks ready to storm here.  Today was light at work.  Which is good I am tired. :)

I've been reading some good books lately.  And some entertaining ones that I liked.  I'm not always one to choose the steak and potatoes books.  Sometimes you like a cheez doodle of a read.  

I think I got enough heavy reading in grad school and the first few years beyond it.   Life is heavy enough right now.  Give me the entertainment. 

anyway.  How are you all? 

Good evening, Starry. *waves* 

Im reading cheese doodles  (need to remember this one :gikkle: ) at the moment. So far so good, so I’m hoping that doesn’t change. 

We had the big rain with thunder earlier and then again a bit ago. The sun is out, so I’m hoping the rain is done for the day. 

Edited by Reader1810
  • Like 4
23 minutes ago, Starrynight22 said:

Hello all.  Happy Monday.  It looks ready to storm here.  Today was light at work.  Which is good I am tired. :)

I've been reading some good books lately.  And some entertaining ones that I liked.  I'm not always one to choose the steak and potatoes books.  Sometimes you like a cheez doodle of a read.  

I think I got enough heavy reading in grad school and the first few years beyond it.   Life is heavy enough right now.  Give me the entertainment. 

anyway.  How are you all? 

:D  nothing wrong with bright and light reading.  I saw a few people post stories about the pandemic.. lord.. its the last thing i want to read about ... so yeah some fun is good.

• Like 5
9 minutes ago, rickproehl said:

.... and the weeds ...

Ralph Waldo Emerson said "What is a weed? A plant whose virtues have never been discovered."
A.A. Milne said, "Weeds are flowers too, once you get to know them."

i'm glad today is over, how are y'all?

• Like 4
  • Love 1
  • Site Moderator
19 minutes ago, rickproehl said:

.... and the weeds ...

Don’t remind me. :( 

Then again, I have found I like gardening after all, so weeding isn’t so bad.

We actually needed rain, because the ground was so hard it was difficult to pull weeds even using a gardening fork to break the earth. Once the earth dries a bit, I shouldn’t have any problems pulling up weeds - I hope. 

• Like 5
  • Site Moderator
12 minutes ago, kbois said:

I'm really liking the Instapot,  even though I'm still not convinced I'm supposed to be smarter than an appliance. I must be doing something right. The chicken came out good and enough leftover for 2 lunches. Now if only someone would invent a machine that not only cooks the chicken, but trims it too. I'd pay top dollar not to touch raw chicken!

@Reader1810 our current weather pattern gives us storms in the mornings, then oppressive humidity the rest of the day. It makes walking the dogs on trash night stomach churning. I'm glad my sense of smell has diminished over the last several years. 

July was really, really hot and humid to the point I think a record was set.

Just this past week and looking into next week, the temperature has really dropped. It’s in the 60s right now with the highest forecasted temp being only only 81F. Not that I’m complaining mind you. I’m not a fan of AC air, so this temp drop is a good thing in my book. 

• Like 4
  • Site Moderator
5 minutes ago, Starrynight22 said:

I love the usually cursed at weed, the dandelion.  Its so beautiful to me. 

One thing I discovered this summer is that bunnies like to eat dandelions when they are in their cotton ball head stage. So yes, they are kinda pretty in the flower stage, but they also bring bunnies for a visit, so they aren’t all that bad, imo.

• Like 5
  • Site Moderator
3 minutes ago, rickproehl said:

hey what is wrong?
this seems so quite.

how is everyone? 

today is a cool autumn day here.

so how are you? 

Didn’t realize we were so quiet. I guess it’s just one of those days.

Right now, I’m researching products to clean a brick - not sure what the bricks are made of - patio. There’s a lot out there, but with commenters having such varied successes, it’s hard to know what’s good and what isn’t. 

• Like 4

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..