Jump to content
Comments Invisible in Dark/Contrast Mode Bug Has Been Reported. We are working on patch.

The Drop in Centre


Mikiesboy

Recommended Posts

  • Replies 23.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

  • Mikiesboy

    4087

  • mollyhousemouse

    3226

  • Reader1810

    2802

  • Brayon

    2256

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

It will be four years tomorrow, that I lost 2 friends in a terrorist attack on the gay nightclub Pulse. Last year, @Mikiesboy and @AC Benus put together a tribute to them, from several writers from GA

Congratulations tim, on five years on GA.   

It's difficult for me. I ride the line between being needing information and stepping away from the mindlessness of it all. There's a paralysis that comes from knowing there are problems that we can't

Posted Images

1 minute ago, kbois said:

Happy Thanksgiving Canada!

Thanks!

  • Like 4
Link to post

I hope everyone has a nice Monday...  i am working on some stranded colour work.

Image

  • Love 4
Link to post

 

Happy holiday you northerners!

 

Here is one for the "Karma is a b****" club. At Saturdays show we had a 4 yr old Thoroughbred who needs to be taught how to get on the trailer politely. As I am working with him a friend of the owner walks up and takes the horse from me and uses heavy handed methods to get him on the trailer. I prefer to make it more pleasant for the animal so he does not fear the process next time. 

The good part? Back to take other horses home from the 3 day show, and the rude "expert" friend could not get his own horse onto the trailer!

  • Wow 4
Link to post
14 minutes ago, Kitt said:

 

Happy holiday you northerners!

 

Here is one for the "Karma is a b****" club. At Saturdays show we had a 4 yr old Thoroughbred who needs to be taught how to get on the trailer politely. As I am working with him a friend of the owner walks up and takes the horse from me and uses heavy handed methods to get him on the trailer. I prefer to make it more pleasant for the animal so he does not fear the process next time. 

The good part? Back to take other horses home from the 3 day show, and the rude "expert" friend could not get his own horse onto the trailer!

Why are there idiots who think that bullying animals is the best way to get them to cooperate? I'm glad his own horse showed him who was boss!

Most horses aren't all that fond of small enclosed spaces. Really, how many wild horses search out caves to hide in? 🙄

  • Like 5
Link to post
18 minutes ago, Mikiesboy said:

This is what i'm doing ... it's a stranded colour work block. it's about halfway done. It's not the best picture ... :( 

 

2020-10-12.jpg

What colors are you using tim?

  • Like 5
Link to post
3 minutes ago, kbois said:

What colors are you using tim?

just white and gray.. The pattern is by Arne and Carlos.. called Ice Rose

  • Like 5
Link to post
26 minutes ago, Mikiesboy said:

just white and gray.. The pattern is by Arne and Carlos.. called Ice Rose

That is so cool! I  really thought the picture was black and white!

  • Like 4
  • Love 1
Link to post
18 minutes ago, Reader1810 said:

I can see the stitches really well, so looks good to me. :) 

image.png.49b8461422750fa1a8799d4b9f5880db.png

This is what it should look like. This has been knit in a lighter yarn that what i have atm. I will get some of this it is DK or Light or 3. Mine is 4 -Worsted weight.  But i want to learn how to do this. I will order some of this dk yarn. This piece has also been steam blocked.

I'm enjoying learning this. For those who rather crochet you can do this in crochet also, but you need to learn tapestry crochet. Which doesnt look that bad.

  • Like 2
  • Love 3
Link to post

I’m eating a persimmon at the moment. I’ve known about them for a long time, but I forgot about them. Silly me, because they are so good!

  • Love 5
Link to post

Silly me. I went to the bank today to do our deposit. Apparently it's Columbus Day and the banks are closed. One of those weird holidays that most states don't recognize anymore. It's 90 degrees out....doesn't feel like fall it doesn't feel like October!

  • Like 1
  • Haha 3
  • Wow 1
Link to post
1 hour ago, Mikiesboy said:

image.png.49b8461422750fa1a8799d4b9f5880db.png

This is what it should look like. This has been knit in a lighter yarn that what i have atm. I will get some of this it is DK or Light or 3. Mine is 4 -Worsted weight.  But i want to learn how to do this. I will order some of this dk yarn. This piece has also been steam blocked.

I'm enjoying learning this. For those who rather crochet you can do this in crochet also, but you need to learn tapestry crochet. Which doesnt look that bad.

tim nice work on that block. i have alway loved a handmade Knitted scarf she made me. it finally wore out i used it so much. 

  • Like 5
Link to post
3 hours ago, Mikiesboy said:

 

 

Thanks everyone!!  We had our Thanksgiving meal yesterday.. since there's only us, we roasted a chicken, had some mashed cauliflower, buttercup squash, brussel sprouts, rutabega, bit of stuffing, gravy, cranberry sauce and a low sugar pecan pie.

Sounds like you had a really delicious thanksgiving dinner x

  • Love 4
Link to post
3 minutes ago, chris191070 said:

Sounds like you had a really delicious thanksgiving dinner x

it was really nice, thanks, chris xo

  • Like 5
Link to post
2 hours ago, Mikiesboy said:

just to be clear.. that lovely thing is not my work.. it is done by Arne of Arne and Carlos.  Mine is gray and white and i'll post it after i've blocked it.

Michael's mom has sent over blocking foam boards, lots of bits of yarn and pins, a bunch of spare knitting needles and crochet hooks... and a ball of yarn which is over 2000 yards.. it's actually just over a mile of yarn. plus some brown and light brown and some multi coloured stuff... i'll be busy for awhile. LOL

I think with that much yarn (and please correct me if I'm wrong) you may actually have enough to make an afghan that would cover Michael's six foot forever frame from head to toe and wrap himself up like a burrito!😄🤭

  • Haha 4
Link to post
19 minutes ago, kbois said:

I think with that much yarn (and please correct me if I'm wrong) you may actually have enough to make an afghan that would cover Michael's six foot forever frame from head to toe and wrap himself up like a burrito!😄🤭

maybe but He wouldn't want it. He has a fan on Himself and wears shorts and a TShirt all year. He is literally hot all the time.

  • Like 5
Link to post
2 minutes ago, Mikiesboy said:

maybe but He wouldn't want it. He has a fan on Himself and wears shorts and a TShirt all year. He is literally hot all the time.

I can totally relate. Even when we lived in New England I'd have a fan on all night long. I'd so much rather be cold than hot. Now I'm only cold at work occasionally. The a/c doesn't have a setting other than sub zero. It's worse in the morning. I swear I could see my breath one day when I walked in. It was August. 

  • Haha 5
Link to post
Just now, kbois said:

I can totally relate. Even when we lived in New England I'd have a fan on all night long. I'd so much rather be cold than hot. Now I'm only cold at work occasionally. The a/c doesn't have a setting other than sub zero. It's worse in the morning. I swear I could see my breath one day when I walked in. It was August. 

We work, cuz i am usually cold. He will be sitting there in winter with a fan and shorts and i am under a blanket with His old cable cardigan on. He just shakes his head at me.

4 minutes ago, rickproehl said:

my mistake tim - yes it is lovely work i went to Arne and Carlos web site and they have some amazing things there. i can see why you like there Podcast i started watching the Christmas Stocking one. 

oh no worries.. i wish i was that good!!  LOL .. but maybe one day.  i enjoy watching them too, they make me feel happier and calm.

  • Like 5
Link to post

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..