The Drop in Centre

5 hours ago, rickproehl said:

Excuse me Good Sirs and DiC friends.

just wanted to stop in and tell everyone good morning.

this is picture is for all of us.

i’m so guilty of this.

so how is your day?

23449280-B9C7-408D-A969-3330A59316DF.jpeg

So far today is good. The heat has returned, but it's not as humid as last week. 

I'm sometimes like @spyke with crossing a bridge before I get to it. I also occasionally put my cart in front of my horse and count those pesky chickens before they hatch. Sometimes it works out and sometimes not. Life will throw what it wants to at us and we have to deal with it the best we can. 

Have a good day!

• Like 3
  • Site Moderator
6 hours ago, rickproehl said:

i’m so guilty of this.

so how is your day?

Good afternoon, rick. The power has just been restored after it was off all morning to Hydro could trim trees encroaching power lines.

• Like 3
7 hours ago, rickproehl said:

i’m so guilty of this.

so how is your day?

rough start, getting better. took time to step away from my work area, did a guided meditation on the app tim recommended, got a big ice water with lime & cucumber & got back to it.

i'll get my flu shot next month at my annual visit and will ask about the shingles one. Phil can't get them, the flu shot that is, as he has an awful reaction.

hope everyone is doing well

Edited by mollyhousemouse
incomplete sentences DOH! lol!
  • Like 4
2 hours ago, mollyhousemouse said:

rough start, getting better. took time to step away from my work area, did a guided meditation on the app tim recommended, got a big ice water with lime & cucumber & got back to it.

i'll get my flu shot next month at my annual visit and will ask about the shingles one. Phil can't get them, the flu shot that is, as he has an awful reaction.

hope everyone is doing well

Molly glad you were able to walk away and get some time for yourself. even though we work from home there is still stress and challenges. so i hope your afternoon was better. 

• Like 5
5 minutes ago, Reader1810 said:

Finally!

I figured out how to put my new leaf blower/mulcher (the mulcher part, that is) together. Now, I just need some leaves to mulch. :D 

That actually sounds like fun. I always made pretty good bank when I was a kid raking yards for the neighbors with my best friend. We hated having to do our own yards, both our parents were cheapskates and basically said we should do it for free. My mom usually slipped us $5 bucks each. Minimum wage was just over $3 and hour and each yard took 3-4 hours. We definitely got shortchanged! 😂 (not to mention the blisters!)

• Like 4
2 hours ago, rickproehl said:

Molly glad you were able to walk away and get some time for yourself. even though we work from home there is still stress and challenges. so i hope your afternoon was better. 

hi rick

stress & challenges are a part of life i'm doing a better job as i get older at handling them. the afternoon while busy was much better thanks.

how are you doing?

• Like 4
  • Site Moderator
1 hour ago, kbois said:

That actually sounds like fun. I always made pretty good bank when I was a kid raking yards for the neighbors with my best friend. We hated having to do our own yards, both our parents were cheapskates and basically said we should do it for free. My mom usually slipped us $5 bucks each. Minimum wage was just over $3 and hour and each yard took 3-4 hours. We definitely got shortchanged! 😂 (not to mention the blisters!)

That’s what I’m thinking. I hope we’re right. 

• Like 3
4 minutes ago, mollyhousemouse said:

hi rick

stress & challenges are a part of life i'm doing a better job as i get older at handling them. the afternoon while busy was much better thanks.

how are you doing?

thanks for asking i’m doing good, had chili for supper. took my dog for a walk and enjoying this  cooler weather. 

• Like 4
35 minutes ago, Mikiesboy said:

I hope you all are okay and have a good day.  xo

I'm glad you dropped in tim. It's good to hear from you and I hope you have a good day as well. 

• Like 3
35 minutes ago, Wayne Gray said:

Hello, folks.

I actually wrote a tiny bit on my lunch today. One single scene, but it was something.

I hope you're all doing well!

Something really good I'm sure. Nice to hear from you Wayne!

Other than never getting enough sleep things are going ok. 

Enjoy your evening!

• Like 4
3 hours ago, Wayne Gray said:

Hello, folks.

I actually wrote a tiny bit on my lunch today. One single scene, but it was something.

I hope you're all doing well!

it's good to hear from you!
good to hear you were able to write a bit
i hope you are able to write a little bit more soon

• Like 5

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..