The Drop in Centre

17 minutes ago, Starrynight22 said:

If my neighborhood community group is the barometer that's is very untrue.  

I decided ToT is a bad plan so I told Little One that the Tooth Fairy asked her friend Spider Fairy to help since kids can't go out this year. And that Spider Fairy said kids who leave out a lit Jack o lantern and an empty candy bucket will get treats left for them. 

Hey. A parents gotta do what a parents gotta do. 

So amazingly creative and kudos to you for thinking beyond the moment and placing your child's welfare first. 👏👏👏

• Like 3
  • Love 2
  • Site Moderator
2 hours ago, Starrynight22 said:

I decided ToT is a bad plan so I told Little One that the Tooth Fairy asked her friend Spider Fairy to help since kids can't go out this year. And that Spider Fairy said kids who leave out a lit Jack o lantern and an empty candy bucket will get treats left for them. 

Your approach to the ToT dilemma is outstanding, Starry! I hope other parents come up with something same/similar.

Edited by Reader1810
  • Like 5
9 hours ago, MichaelS36 said:

Thank you. It is time to stop pretending life is normal. Have Halloween at home. Watch a film, make scary food, buy a case of candy!  Stay home. 

Not sure what the town / neighborhood is doing for Halloween this year. If it does happen, we'll just be putting a bowl of candy on the porch w. a sign saying, "Take one"

• Like 4
37 minutes ago, rickproehl said:

Excuse me Good Sirs and DiC friends.

just wanted to stop in and tell everyone good morning.

this is picture is for all of us.

i’m so guilty of this.

so how is your day?

23449280-B9C7-408D-A969-3330A59316DF.jpeg

All good here. Pouring of rain. Off for my flu jab later.

• Like 2
18 minutes ago, chris191070 said:

All good here. Pouring of rain. Off for my flu jab later.

Had mine earlier this year. I was a bit surprised that I had some side effects from it--aches, chills, etc., because I normally don't feel anything afterwards. I just drank hot tea, bundled up, and went to bed early. I was all better the next day. 

• Like 2
59 minutes ago, rickproehl said:

Excuse me Good Sirs and DiC friends.

just wanted to stop in and tell everyone good morning.

this is picture is for all of us.

i’m so guilty of this.

so how is your day?

23449280-B9C7-408D-A969-3330A59316DF.jpeg

Doing good rick. Hope you are as well. I found out last night that a good friend of mine tested positive. I hate that for her and I hope that she recovers quickly.

I cross bridges all the time before I come to them. I'm not so sure that's a 100% bad thing though. I try to foresee potential problems long before they become problems, and take action to correct the issues. I'm not one for enjoying surprises. October or not. 😎

I hope that everyone has a great day today. 

• Like 3
9 minutes ago, spyke said:

Had mine earlier this year. I was a bit surprised that I had some side effects from it--aches, chills, etc., because I normally don't feel anything afterwards. I just drank hot tea, bundled up, and went to bed early. I was all better the next day. 

As that i’m getting older my doctor told me to get the “senior” flu shot and there no issues with it. Fast and easy 

Edited by rickproehl
Spelling
  • Like 3
2 hours ago, rickproehl said:

As that i’m getting older my doctor told me to get the “senior” flu shot and there no issues with it. Fast and easy 

I'm not quite there yet, but a lot closer rather than further. LOL.  It was just weird for me to have any sort of reaction. Guess it was a individual thing. Still, it was minor compared to doing nothing and risk getting the flu with this pandemic going on. The last time I got the flu, I was really sick. It took me a good 3 weeks to get back to my old self. After that experience, I've never missed getting a flu shot. I understand it's not 100% effective and that some years they miss the mark, but it's all we got at the moment.  You should also ask your doctor about the pneumonia vaccine if you haven't taken it already. 

• Like 2
1 hour ago, spyke said:

I'm not quite there yet, but a lot closer rather than further. LOL.  It was just weird for me to have any sort of reaction. Guess it was a individual thing. Still, it was minor compared to doing nothing and risk getting the flu with this pandemic going on. The last time I got the flu, I was really sick. It took me a good 3 weeks to get back to my old self. After that experience, I've never missed getting a flu shot. I understand it's not 100% effective and that some years they miss the mark, but it's all we got at the moment.  You should also ask your doctor about the pneumonia vaccine if you haven't taken it already. 

yes already got both of those shots. The only thing when you get the shingles shot that hurts for 3 days. i knew someone that got shingles and they hurt. so doing what i can this year to stay safe.

• Like 3

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..