The Drop in Centre

22 minutes ago, Mikiesboy said:

We work, cuz i am usually cold. He will be sitting there in winter with a fan and shorts and i am under a blanket with His old cable cardigan on. He just shakes his head at me.

oh no worries.. i wish i was that good!!  LOL .. but maybe one day.  i enjoy watching them too, they make me feel happier and calm.

Lol..

In my house I put the ceiling fan on and my husband puts a sweatshirt and slippers on🤣

• Like 1
  • Haha 4
  • Site Moderator
Just now, Mikiesboy said:

Good night all ...  it was nice to see everyone.  We are watching a very well done, but very odd show called The Third Day.. Night

Good night tim. Enjoy your show.

When the time comes...sweet dreamz tonight and always xoxo 

• Like 3
58 minutes ago, kbois said:

Lol..

In my house I put the ceiling fan on and my husband puts a sweatshirt and slippers on🤣

Same in my house only I am the one inside the blanket burrito. 

• Like 2
  • Love 2
  • Site Moderator
32 minutes ago, rickproehl said:

Excuse me Good Sirs and DiC friends.

Just wanting to say Good Morning 

So do you have any plans for today?

Good morning, rick.

At the moment, my only plan of the day is to call to make an appointment to get a flu shot. Oh, and go for walk as it is a sunny day. 

How about yourself? 

• Like 3
40 minutes ago, rickproehl said:

hello rick.... my only plan is to get through the work day as efficiently as possible. 

then sit tonight & enjoy some quiet time, maybe take a drive to go see Daughter. haven't seen her in about a month.

• Like 5
52 minutes ago, rickproehl said:

Since the system seems to be conspiring against me today I think I will return home, crawl into my nice warm bed and proceed to ignore the world. Someone let me know if war is declared or some such other world altering event occurs. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
17 minutes ago, Reader1810 said:

Good morning, rick.

At the moment, my only plan of the day is to call to make an appointment to get a flu shot. Oh, and go for walk as it is a sunny day. 

How about yourself? 

myself it’s working from home and staying safe. taking next week off for vacation have a medical thing to take care of. nothing serious. Having some dental work done.

• Like 5
16 minutes ago, mollyhousemouse said:

hello rick.... my only plan is to get through the work day as efficiently as possible. 

then sit tonight & enjoy some quiet time, maybe take a drive to go see Daughter. haven't seen her in about a month.

molly sounds like a full day. So enjoy it.

2 minutes ago, Kitt said:

Since the system seems to be conspiring against me today I think I will return home, crawl into my nice warm bed and proceed to ignore the world. Someone let me know if war is declared or some such other world altering event occurs. 

Kitt sounds like you are having a 2nd Monday hope you day gets better.

• Like 5

@rickproehl not much going on today....working. It's been quiet. Fielding complaints because we forgot to put out a notice that lawn mowing will now be evert other week until April. People are concerned because the grass is a little high. Oh the worries of a Florida retiree! Good luck with the dental work. 

@Reader1810 I'm getting my flu shot Friday. The county is coming back for another round of free Covid testing and they added free flu shots. I  like that word "free". 

@mollyhousemouse Hope your workday is a good one. Enjoy your visit with your daughter! I haven't seen son #1 in over a month and probably won't until Thanksgiving. He's probably moving to N Carolina next August so he'll be even further ☹. It's nice to see them grow up, but bittersweet too!

@Kitt Sorry your day isn't going well. I hope things go better. Chocolate might help....or wine!

• Like 3
7 minutes ago, mollyhousemouse said:

well damn & blast 😟

one of my favorite co-workers just put in his notice.

I hate when that happens. One of our maintenance guys quit with no notice, just left his keys on the manager's desk next door on Friday. (She pretty much ran him off). He was a hard worker and really nice too. 

• Like 1
  • Wow 2
  • Sad 1
2 hours ago, Kitt said:

That sounds like a great plan. No point in beating your head up against that brick wall or letting the world annoy you. Also like @kbois suggested, chocolate or wine (or both) when all else fails.  LOL.

Edited by spyke
  • Like 3
4 minutes ago, spyke said:

That sounds like a great plan. No point in beating your head up against that brick wall or letting the world annoy you. Also like @kbois suggested, chocolate or wine (or both) when all else fails.  LOL.

Not much on either chocolate or wine, but I am seriously considering some sort of horrible for you comfort food for dinner,  then chips, dip and some Baileys on ice in front of a movie.  Will try MVC again tomorrow. They give out numbers at opening and today by the time I arrived 15 min after opening they had run out of numbers for the day. Tomorrow I will be on line 30 min before open. Taking a lawn chair, an extra jacket and my breakfast with me and setting up camp.  Never did that for a damn concert, but after 5 failled attempts in the last month the temp registration on the new trailer runs out today so camping it is!

• Like 4
2 minutes ago, Kitt said:

Not much on either chocolate or wine, but I am seriously considering some sort of horrible for you comfort food for dinner,  then chips, dip and some Baileys on ice in front of a movie.  Will try MVC again tomorrow. They give out numbers at opening and today by the time I arrived 15 min after opening they had run out of numbers for the day. Tomorrow I will be on line 30 min before open. Taking a lawn chair, an extra jacket and my breakfast with me and setting up camp.  Never did that for a damn concert, but after 5 failled attempts in the last month the temp registration on the new trailer runs out today so camping it is!

Bailey's also goes very nicely on top of ice cream.......so I've been told. 🤣

Sorry you've had so much trouble at the MVC. They're a beast during normal times. I can't imagine what it's like now. 

• Like 3
2 minutes ago, spyke said:

Bailey's also goes very nicely on top of ice cream.......so I've been told. 🤣

Sorry you've had so much trouble at the MVC. They're a beast during normal times. I can't imagine what it's like now. 

I haven't actually been inside an MVC since last time I renewed my license. I do most things online, but titling a new vehicle has to be done in person.

• Like 3
5 minutes ago, Kitt said:

That totally sucks. Registrations for mobile homes are done thru the Tax Collector's office here(it's just like registering a car). Its always a nightmare. We used to make an appt, go, get told something was wrong and have to start all over. One home took 5 trips. Right after things opened back up we found someone at the express office (which we were told we couldn't use) who took care of 7 registrations for us. We gave him a gift card and now all we have to do is walk in, drop everything on his desk, call 2 or 3 days later and voila! Registrations and titles done. 

I hope things work out for you tomorrow!

• Like 4
8 minutes ago, kbois said:

That totally sucks. Registrations for mobile homes are done thru the Tax Collector's office here(it's just like registering a car). Its always a nightmare. We used to make an appt, go, get told something was wrong and have to start all over. One home took 5 trips. Right after things opened back up we found someone at the express office (which we were told we couldn't use) who took care of 7 registrations for us. We gave him a gift card and now all we have to do is walk in, drop everything on his desk, call 2 or 3 days later and voila! Registrations and titles done. 

I hope things work out for you tomorrow!

Clone him please and send him to me!  LOL.

Pre-owned manufactured homes are a NIGHTMARE to sell in my county. If there's a way to screw it up, the dealers will find a way to do it here. 9 times out of 10 the title hasn't been cancelled even though they're being taxed as real property. Oh and don't get me started about the number of folks who think they've have a modular only to find out that data plate sticker in the kitchen cabinet means it's a doublewide. :facepalm:

• Like 2
  • Haha 2
3 minutes ago, spyke said:

Clone him please and send him to me!  LOL.

Pre-owned manufactured homes are a NIGHTMARE to sell in my county. If there's a way to screw it up, the dealers will find a way to do it here. 9 times out of 10 the title hasn't been cancelled even though they're being taxed as real property. Oh and don't get me started about the number of folks who think they've have a modular only to find out that data plate sticker in the kitchen cabinet means it's a doublewide. :facepalm:

This is a 2 horse trailer, simple transaction. If I ever get in the door it will take maybe 5 minutes tops. The trick is getting inside!

• Like 5

Oh, good lord! Just checked the website out of curiosity. Where 3 centers in the state were closed due to covid for a 14 day quarantine, they now have 6, and are down to 9  facilities still accepting customers.  That is out of 39 facilities in the state. Less than 25 %  of the centers are open!

• Like 1
  • Wow 4

Ok....I made the mistake of looking at a news article that included the word "bipartisanship". The more I looked at the word, the less I was able to pronounce it....even in my head. 🤣🤣

(Can you tell I really don't feel like working today?)

Edited by kbois
Butterfingers
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..