The Drop in Centre

3 hours ago, kbois said:

Hope your pup is ok. It's amazing how attached we are to our furry kids.  What kind of dog is he? 

He's a Jack Russell Terrier and about 15 -- yes, fifteen -- years old.  Girl is a mix (cattle / sheep hound), and only about 7.

• Love 5
  • Site Moderator
23 minutes ago, mollyhousemouse said:

1 son dropped at work 🚗

1 son picked up 🚗

groceries picked up, organized & put away, menu posted 📝

first load of laundry started 🧺

caramel latte consumed

how is everyone else this morning?

Good morning molly and all you lovely DiCers. :) 

First and second coffee consumed.

First load of laundry is tumbling in the dryer.

Second load will be put in the wash in the afternoon.

It’s kind of gloomy outside, so I’ll go for my daily walk later.

That’s my day so far. 

Have a good one everyone... :) 

• Like 4
1 hour ago, mollyhousemouse said:

1 son dropped at work 🚗

1 son picked up 🚗

groceries picked up, organized & put away, menu posted 📝

first load of laundry started 🧺

caramel latte consumed

how is everyone else this morning?

Breakfast done

Mom is back at my brother's 

Hubby did laundry yesterday 

Need more coffee

Could probably sweep the floors...maybe 

So far, so good!

• Like 4
  • Site Moderator
10 minutes ago, Mikiesboy said:

hope you all had a nice Sunday.. have a good evening/night

I did, thank you for asking. Hope you and Mike did as well. 

PS: Have a good evening, the two of you.

• Like 4
33 minutes ago, rickproehl said:

Excuse me Good Sirs and DiC friends.

Just wanting to say good morning

i hope this helps.

So how are things with everyone

20E25672-8F61-4106-B278-6FF3F0DD812A.jpeg

I love those results!

I have a feeling this is going to be a long week. I have a 4 day weekend coming up with plans for a quick getaway for our anniversary. I need it to be Friday!!!🤪🤪

• Like 4
7 minutes ago, kbois said:

I love those results!

I have a feeling this is going to be a long week. I have a 4 day weekend coming up with plans for a quick getaway for our anniversary. I need it to be Friday!!!🤪🤪

good luck my week has blowed up. was supposed to have dental surgery today and the office called to report they are closed for 2 weeks due to Covid-19. Had to wait 4 weeks for this time. So better luck on yours 

• Like 4
38 minutes ago, MichaelS36 said:

Good afternoon, all.  I enjoyed the lab results. Sorry about the dentist, rick. Hang in there. 

Hope it is Friday soon. Take care all. 

Only thing better would be to get those results in person!

• Love 3
  • Haha 2

Apparently getting angry was NOT the right thing to do. I need a brick wall to bang my head against. 

Is it wrong to expect an 18 yr old to clean up after himself? Having a child who is dealing with depression and anxiety is so hard sometimes. Theoretically he should know that he needs to clean up. Realistically he's incapable and I  never know if it's truly his depression or just plain laziness. He is a master manipulator and I  just can't risk the consequences of guessing. 

I have a call in to his therapist. He officially is done, but I think he needs to go back. Hopefully he'll agree. 

I just get so frustrated. 

• Sad 5
2 minutes ago, kbois said:

Apparently getting angry was NOT the right thing to do. I need a brick wall to bang my head against. 

Is it wrong to expect an 18 yr old to clean up after himself? Having a child who is dealing with depression and anxiety is so hard sometimes. Theoretically he should know that he needs to clean up. Realistically he's incapable and I  never know if it's truly his depression or just plain laziness. He is a master manipulator and I  just can't risk the consequences of guessing. 

I have a call in to his therapist. He officially is done, but I think he needs to go back. Hopefully he'll agree. 

I can't imagine. It has to be so difficult for you trying to figure out if it's depression or manipulation. But you gut is telling you that something isn't right, and moms always know--be it intuition or Momdar.   You were right to call the therapist. Hopefully he can get to the bottom of it and get things back on track one way or another. 

• Like 5
  • Site Moderator
41 minutes ago, kbois said:

:hug: 

• Like 4
  • Love 1
7 hours ago, spyke said:

So I did early voting today. I was pleasantly surprised at how easy it was. It was day 3 of our early voting period, and  I have to tip my hat to my county elections officials. They obviously thought about things and the way it was laid out made social distancing possible. There were people there to direct the voters through the various stations and people were cleaning the  booths after each voter. I was in and out in about 20 minutes. The longest part was filling out the ballot because it was front and back--a lot of positions are up in my county.  There was a man in front of me who had to be in his mid to later 60's and he was born and raised in my county. It was his first time voting.....EVER!  I was kind of speech less over that. I hope that everyone has a good evening.   

i did my voting by absentee ballot. the sad thing is that to go 1 mile it took the post office 5 days for the ballot to get to us. i voted and hand delivered it the Board of Elections. here in Ohio they have a app that you can track if it was accepted or not.. it was so all set. 

so PLEASE go VOTE take the time make a plan. Let your Voice be heard.

• Like 3
  • Love 2

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..