The Drop in Centre

5 hours ago, kbois said:

Fae, have you tried CBD oil? I just started taking it a few days ago and while I still have some pain, it's not as bad as it has been for the past few weeks (both knees and thumb) . I haven't needed to take ibuprofen during the day for the past 3 days. That's a big improvement for me. I was skeptical at first, but in my case it does seem to help. 

I have tried it, from a reputable source w. testing certification, and it did help w. the pain -- but it also caused my blood pressure to go up, something it's not supposed to do.

• Sad 5
  • Site Moderator
22 minutes ago, Mikiesboy said:

Peter is waiting for 19 weeks for a new sofa ... I'll give him a new cushion for it.

Nineteen weeks? That’s a long time to wait for a new sofa. Then again, it’s been a very long time since I bought a sofa, so who knows, nowadays. 

• Like 2
Just now, Reader1810 said:

Nineteen weeks? That’s a long time to wait for a new sofa. Then again, it’s been a very long time since I bought a sofa, so who knows, nowadays. 

covid ... they are not building alot atm

• Like 4
16 minutes ago, Mikiesboy said:

Same here for a lot of manufactured goods. We ordered 8ft fence panels last Feb (?) to replace the ones that were demolished when a car went thru the community fence. Gave the guy $800. Three months later he told us the factory was closed due to covid. Now his phone is disconnected and we have to start from scratch with another fence company. Fence panel is still back ordered. 😒

• Like 3
36 minutes ago, Mikiesboy said:

14 minutes ago, kbois said:

Same here for a lot of manufactured goods. We ordered 8ft fence panels last Feb (?) to replace the ones that were demolished when a car went thru the community fence. Gave the guy $800. Three months later he told us the factory was closed due to covid. Now his phone is disconnected and we have to start from scratch with another fence company. Fence panel is still back ordered. 😒

we're having similar issues st work. people who want us to test their doo dads can't get the parts to get them built or can't build them because it would be too many people in their factory space

• Like 4
1 hour ago, Mikiesboy said:

Mom's headstone is going to be delayed, because the company that makes the brass/bronze/whatever plaques put on the marble base was shut down for awhile, and is not backlogged.

• Like 5
1 hour ago, Reader1810 said:

Okay, yes, that makes sense. I hope he’s got something decent as a stand in the meantime. 

he has his old one.. the new one is .. custom work.. nothing off the floor for him.. but its good and will last him

• Like 4
  • Site Moderator
Just now, Mikiesboy said:

he has his old one.. the new one is .. custom work.. nothing off the floor for him.. but its good and will last him

My parents bought custom made furniture when they redid the living room back in ‘91. It’s all held up well over the years, so it defo can be worth it to go that route. 

• Like 3
  • Site Moderator
7 minutes ago, kbois said:

I have my grandma's custom made China cabinet. It was a wedding gift. They got married in 1924 so it's almost 100 years old and other than a couple of nicks on the bottom legs it's in great shape. (I did have to find a new skeleton key at a flea market when the original got lost during one of our moves)

Oh, I bet it brings back nice memories of your grandma.

• Love 4
  • Site Moderator
51 minutes ago, rickproehl said:

Excuse me Good Sirs and DiC friends.

Just wanting to say good morning

i saw this and thought we would all like it.

C35317DB-CCCC-4C88-A819-D03DD647349A.jpeg

That’s marvellous, rick! Thanks for sharing it with the rest of us. :) 

• Like 3
  • Love 2
  • Site Moderator

Good morning DiCers! I wish you all a good day... :) 

As for myself, I just got back from getting a flu shot at the pharmacy. It was a rainy walk, but it’s not cold, so the walk was nice despite the rain. 

• Like 5

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..