The Drop in Centre

4 minutes ago, Mikiesboy said:

Okay.. i will now be quiet ... much too much talking today.

Awww...never too much! It was good to hear from you. 

I haven't had borscht since I went to Russia. I need to find some little old babcia and convince her I need her recipe. 

• Like 4
  • Site Moderator
8 minutes ago, Mikiesboy said:

Okay.. i will now be quiet ... much too much talking today.

Too much talking? No way, tim. We’re learning a lot! 

• Like 2
  • Love 1
  • Haha 1
  • Site Moderator
3 minutes ago, kbois said:

I haven't had borscht since I went to Russia. I need to find some little old babcia and convince her I need her recipe. 

It’s been quite a long time since I’ve had this version, but this is one my brother makes. It’s outstanding, imo. 

https://www.copymethat.com/r/03lbdAteU/moosewood-cookbook-borscht/

• Like 1
  • Love 2
3 minutes ago, Reader1810 said:

It’s been quite a long time since I’ve had this version, but this is one my brother makes. It’s outstanding, imo. 

That looks great.

i put meat in mine but mainly cuz that is how my Husband likes it. But not a lot, a couple of sausages or some beef shank. And i use green cabbage but red would be great too. It's making me hungry.

Edited by Mikiesboy
  • Like 4
5 minutes ago, Reader1810 said:

I will be making this!

I think tomorrow will be soup day.... crock pot, instapot and stock pot should do it. One for borscht, one for a veggie or chicken based and maybe something new. 

• Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Site Moderator
11 minutes ago, Mikiesboy said:

That looks great.

i put meat in mine but mainly cuz that is how my Husband likes it. But not a lot, a couple of sausages or some beef shank. And i use green cabbage but red would be great too. It's making me hungry.

Full disclosure: I didn’t like borscht before I had this version of it. He also makes Moosewood pumpkin soup which is quite good.

Just to give you an idea of how long ago this was. You could only find the Moosewood cookbooks in a little bookstore off Yonge Street. 

Edit: Moosewood is vegetarian that’s why there’s no meat.

Edited by Reader1810
  • Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Site Moderator
12 minutes ago, Starrynight22 said:

I had no idea Greek yogurt was Madre that way.   Wow.  Thanks tim. 

I thinking of making a curried pumpkin soup tomorrow.  The weather is good for soup.  Sheesh it's so cold for May where I am. 

Not exactly warm where I am either. 

• Like 2
40 minutes ago, Starrynight22 said:

I had no idea Greek yogurt was Madre that way.   Wow.  Thanks tim. 

I thinking of making a curried pumpkin soup tomorrow.  The weather is good for soup.  Sheesh it's so cold for May where I am. 

@Mikiesboy has so much knowledge like this when it comes to food. it's like it's his superpower. 

28 minutes ago, Reader1810 said:

Not exactly warm where I am either. 

soup is good pretty much anytime, we like this one, and this one

• Like 3
43 minutes ago, mollyhousemouse said:

@Mikiesboy has so much knowledge like this when it comes to food. it's like it's his superpower. 

soup is good pretty much anytime, we like this one, and this one

Both of those links are now copied into my phone's notebook. I think I'll make the chicken enchilada soup tomorrow too. Sounds amazing! Thanks for sharing!

Edited by kbois
  • Like 3
1 minute ago, kbois said:

Both of those links are now copied into my phone's notebook. I think I'll make the chicken enchilada soup tomorrow too. Sounds amazing! Thanks for sharing!

you are most welcome!
the best part of those soups is the toppings.... mmmm 

• Like 3
  • Site Moderator
43 minutes ago, mollyhousemouse said:

you are most welcome!
the best part of those soups is the toppings.... mmmm 

I’ve got them saved, too. Now, all I need is an Instant Pot. :P 

• Like 3
10 minutes ago, Mikiesboy said:

Can Saints be trusted???

Probably not.

But....some of the messages they've left behind are good advice/values/credos to follow. 

Hope everyone has an easy Monday.

• Like 5
13 minutes ago, mollyhousemouse said:

feeling a bit melancholic (melancholy?) today

i'm going to let the feeling be for a while, acknowledging that i'm feeling it, then move on

hope y'all are doing well

I first read that as melon-chocolate and thought...why would anyone mix melon with chocolate? My brain is scrambled. 

I think Mondays in general are a bit melancholic (if it's not a word, it is now. I rather like it.) 

• Like 3
  • Site Moderator
43 minutes ago, kbois said:

I first read that as melon-chocolate 

I don’t know, but I kind of like your thought process.

Good things - because they’re both good albeit, not together - is a nice “go to” rather than seeing the not so nice. 

• Like 1
  • Love 1

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..