The Drop in Centre

8 hours ago, Reader1810 said:

That’s okay, Mike. Bon Jovi isn’t everyone’s cup of tea. 

I don’t like all of his music, but I do really appreciate his charitable efforts. 

https://jbjsoulkitchen.org/

Bon Jovi is one of those bands that I'll listen to when it's played but I never owned any of their albums and only a couple of their lesser known songs made it on a playlist and I never saw them in concert. However, I was definitely envious of his hair back in the 80s. Most definitely! 

• Like 1

Speaking of popular older music acts that many like but someone dislikes:  The Eagles.  I heartily dislike them.

As far as more modern things I can't imagine we all like the same music.  I vaguely remember bon jovi but don't really know his music. My childhood was more pop music focused:  Madonna, George Michael , INXS and such 

• Like 1

Now I'm curious....

What artist/band will never make it onto your playlist?

Mine: Tom Petty and Michael Jackson 

• Like 2
4 minutes ago, kbois said:

Now I'm curious....

i never really got to listen to music until about 3 years ago.  So, i listen to whatever is on the radio we finally bought.

Music was not allowed in my home as a kid and then well, i was homeless so never heard much music really.

When i met Michael, He listened to some on his laptop but He didn't have a stereo or anything. We did buy a little stereo which i like to listen to maybe it's 4 years now... i really like the 80's station and i like classical music too.

But i like to listen to lots of things.

• Like 2
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, kbois said:

Now I'm curious....

Tom Petty is on my list too. Dire Straits, some Rolling Stones as well. Most Hip- Hop gets skipped 😱

• Like 2
39 minutes ago, mollyhousemouse said:

Tom Petty is on my list too. Dire Straits, some Rolling Stones as well. Most Hip- Hop gets skipped 😱

Hip hop and rap are two genres that will never find a home on any play list of mine either. 

• Like 1

Okay, i am officially in love with chia seeds.  i've been adding them to my homemade bread for a while but made this today:

You need chia for the strawberry filling to thicken it up. I had a bit too much so Michael and i added the left overs to some yogurt. Wow, how wonderful.

• Like 2
  • Love 3
40 minutes ago, Mikiesboy said:

Okay, i am officially in love with chia seeds.  i've been adding them to my homemade bread for a while but made this today:

You need chia for the strawberry filling to thicken it up. I had a bit too much so Michael and i added the left overs to some yogurt. Wow, how wonderful.

I love chia seeds too! 

Although I always get that jingle stuck in my head.... Ch-Ch-Cha-Chia!🤣🤣

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Site Moderator
47 minutes ago, Mikiesboy said:

Good to know since I eat greek yogurt quite often 

• Like 2
  • Site Moderator

My taste in music is all over the place.

I like a lot of different artists, but it’s usually a few - sometimes just one - song here and there.

There is one band I have liked just about all of their songs since I was 11 or so, and I still do to this day. 

Don’t judge....

Spoiler

ABBA :P 

Edited by Reader1810
  • Like 4
7 minutes ago, Reader1810 said:

Good to know since I eat greek yogurt quite often 

i dont buy it cuz its too expensive to me, but i made a little to make these squares.

• Like 3
  • Site Moderator
5 minutes ago, Mikiesboy said:

i dont buy it cuz its too expensive to me, but i made a little to make these squares.

I’m having a grey moment. Are you talking about the yogurt? I like yogurt, but don’t want to eat the less healthy kind that’s why I buy the greek kind. 

• Like 1
  • Love 1
3 minutes ago, Reader1810 said:

I’m having a grey moment. Are you talking about the yogurt? I like yogurt, but don’t want to eat the less healthy kind that’s why I buy the greek kind. 

yes yogurt.. greek yogurt is simply regular yogurt.. which is drained of its whey..  you can buy a tub of astro plain.. and some cheesecloth... put the cheesecloth in a sieve over a bowl.. dump the yogurt in... leave it a few hours and you have .. ta da... greek yogurt.   That's how they make it and why it is an environmental disaster.  They dump all the whey.. and it can affect our water in a negative way.

If you make your own you can drink the whey, or add it to soup or smoothies.. rather than dumping it.

• Like 1
  • Wow 3
2 minutes ago, Mikiesboy said:

yes yogurt.. greek yogurt is simply regular yogurt.. which is drained of its whey..  you can buy a tub of astro plain.. and some cheesecloth... put the cheesecloth in a sieve over a bowl.. dump the yogurt in... leave it a few hours and you have .. ta da... greek yogurt.   That's how they make it and why it is an environmental disaster.  They dump all the whey.. and it can affect our water in a negative way.

If you make your own you can drink the whey, or add it to soup or smoothies.. rather than dumping it.

i had NO idea. thank you for this

• Like 3
  • Love 2
1 minute ago, mollyhousemouse said:

i had NO idea. thank you for this

I needed 1/3 c of greek yogurt. so i put in slightly more than that in the cheesecloth and sieve and left it while i did other things. Must have had a good 2 or 3 tbsp of whey afterwards.  But that's all Greek yogurt is.

• Like 5
12 hours ago, Wayne Gray said:

Got to hang out with a few friends tonight. Friends who know me. Friends who had games, cider, and a hot tub waiting.

This man is tired, a little drunk, and relaxed.

Goodnight, all. 🙂

So glad you got to be socially non-distanced! I'm chomping at the bit for my trip back home so I can see my best friend in person. It's been almost 2 years. Much too long!

How's the head today?

• Like 3
  • Site Moderator

I started buying greek yogurt, because I read that it was healthier than the other yogurt you can buy.

I think I’m going to do a bit of research on this, and I’m also going to try the cheesecloth method for removing the whey.

Now, I just need to find a good soup recipe...

• Like 3
12 minutes ago, Reader1810 said:

I started buying greek yogurt, because I read that it was healthier than the other yogurt you can buy.

I think I’m going to do a bit of research on this, and I’m also going to try the cheesecloth method for removing the whey.

Now, I just need to find a good soup recipe...

There's loads online about it: https://www.thespruceeats.com/many-uses-for-whey-1327494

The cheesecloth thing has been around for a long time. I just rinse it well after and let it dry and reuse it.  But before it was called Greek Yogurt, it was called yogurt cheese. And you can use it like cream cheese. It's nice.

I saved my little bit of whey and i'll put it in with the next loaf of bread i make this week.

Edited by Mikiesboy
  • Like 2
  • Love 1
44 minutes ago, kbois said:

So glad you got to be socially non-distanced! I'm chomping at the bit for my trip back home so I can see my best friend in person. It's been almost 2 years. Much too long!

How's the head today?

It's good. My husband gave me lots of water after he drove us home. And the coffee was loaded up this morning too, all I had to do was add hot water and wait. 🙂

OH! I almost forgot. Elon Musk's Starlink satellites! While out bubbling in the hot tub, we looked up, and there, a string of satellites crossed the sky while we watched. We counted at least forty, but it's more likely there were sixty of them. It was wild.

Edited by Wayne Gray
  • Like 3
  • Wow 1
  • Site Moderator
2 minutes ago, Wayne Gray said:

OH! I almost forgot. Elon Musk's Starlink satellites! While out bubbling in the hot tub, we looked up, and there, a string of satellites crossed the sky while we watched. We counted at least forty, but it's more likely there were sixty of them. It was wild.

Lucky you, that must have been quite the sight. :D 

• Like 3
9 minutes ago, Reader1810 said:

Lucky you, that must have been quite the sight. :D 

It was a little surreal. We were all just lying back, watching.

Somewhere in the middle of them, Kevin said, "This is the future. And I bet it's really gonna piss off star-watchers."

I don't know why, but it made the rest of us laugh like it was the funniest thing ever.

Edited by Wayne Gray
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..