The Drop in Centre

4 minutes ago, mollyhousemouse said:

@Mikiesboy do the chia seeds need to be refrigerated? they aren't sold that way, but the container was sealed.

i buy mine from walmart.. they come in a plastic bag.  i store them in an old pickle jar and leave them in the cupboard. They've been fine. I need to order more.

• Like 3
6 minutes ago, mollyhousemouse said:

@Mikiesboy do the chia seeds need to be refrigerated? they aren't sold that way, but the container was sealed.

Also...keep them in a dry place. Moisture/humidity can make them sprout. Then you'll have a Chia Pet. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
11 minutes ago, Mikiesboy said:

i buy mine from walmart.. they come in a plastic bag.  i store them in an old pickle jar and leave them in the cupboard. They've been fine. I need to order more.

thanks! i'll get them into the pantry.

i made some yogurt with chia seeds & 2 refrigerator oats with them 

• Like 2
  • Love 2
  • Site Moderator

@Mikiesboy I just watched the strawberry oatmeal bar demo again, so of course I want to make it. 

Just one question, because it’s not stated in the video. Is that a 9 x 13 pan he’s using? 

Edited by Reader1810
  • Like 1
38 minutes ago, Reader1810 said:

@Mikiesboy I just watched the strawberry oatmeal bar demo again, so of course I want to make it. 

Just one question, because it’s not stated in the video. Is that a 9 x 13 pan he’s using? 

tim sd it's 8 x 10 but tim used 8x8 abd 9x9 would be ok. 

• Like 2
  • Site Moderator
Just now, MichaelS36 said:

tim sd it's 8 x 10 but tim used 8x8 abd 9x9 would be ok. 

Good to know as I have all three sizes.

Thanks, Mike, and thank tim for me, too. :) 

• Like 2
17 hours ago, Reader1810 said:

Good to know as I have all three sizes.

Thanks, Mike, and thank tim for me, too. :) 

He was online .. i was reading in bed.  hehe

• Like 4
6 hours ago, rickproehl said:

Excuse me Good Sirs and DiC friends.

Good Tuesday Morning 

So how is everyone doing ? 

Wanted to share this with everyone.

Take care.

0AED9B62-876B-407A-BC3A-BBA48BBBC5A9.jpeg

Getting by, rick. Hope you are. Hope your brother is doing okay also.

• Like 2
27 minutes ago, Mikiesboy said:

Getting by, rick. Hope you are. Hope your brother is doing okay also.

thanks tim things are going well. brother is going back to work 1/2 days so he is getting out of house. still working from home till August. 

• Like 3

@Mikiesboy I made the strawberry oat bars tonight. Just wow.....!!

I did a double batch so I can take some to work. I also mixed raspberries and blackberries with the strawberries. OMG!

As I was mixing the oat stuff my husband asked what I was making. I told him and then he says "are there nuts in it too?"   So I added chopped pecans to the top layer. Nuts are healthy....right?

The only question I have is....how the hell do you get the chia seeds off of the sponge? They totally infiltrated my kitchen sponge when I washed the sauce pan. 😆 I just know the sponge will sprout by morning....Ch-Ch-Cha-Chia Sponge! 🤣

• Like 3
  • Site Moderator
1 minute ago, kbois said:

The only question I have is....how the hell do you get the chia seeds off of the sponge? They totally infiltrated my kitchen sponge when I washed the sauce pan. 😆 I just know the sponge will sprout by morning....Ch-Ch-Cha-Chia Sponge! 🤣

Does it help to know you’ve saved a sponge - mine :P - from meeting the same ghastly fate? 

• Haha 1
  • Wow 1
10 hours ago, kbois said:

@Mikiesboy I made the strawberry oat bars tonight. Just wow.....!!

I did a double batch so I can take some to work. I also mixed raspberries and blackberries with the strawberries. OMG!

As I was mixing the oat stuff my husband asked what I was making. I told him and then he says "are there nuts in it too?"   So I added chopped pecans to the top layer. Nuts are healthy....right?

Yeah, any of those berries would be great. Blueberry would be with lemon zest too. I think you can use anything you want, peaches, apricots, plums, apples, rhubarb would be excellent in there.

Nuts are healthy and add a lot texture and flavour. I put them in my apple crisp topping, along with orange zest.

About the sponge.. i don't know. We don't use sponges, so i cannot help with that. We use chia in our bread and i've never noticed them anywhere but in whatever I'm making ... lol, so what are you doing? 

Edited by Mikiesboy
  • Like 2
8 hours ago, Solus Magus said:

Oh. The thumbs up became colorful. What happened? LOL.

Myr, is experimenting with different icons. There's a blog about it, where you can express your feelings about it.

• Like 2
  • Love 1
7 minutes ago, Mikiesboy said:

... lol, so what are you doing? 

I laughed when the video said to "gently cook" the strawberries. I'm not a gentle cook...more like Emeril...BAM!😆

I'm also not usually too messy when I cook...I like to clean as I go. 

I have no idea how I had chia seeds all over the place. Pesky little things. 

Have a good day everyone!

• Haha 2
2 minutes ago, kbois said:

I laughed when the video said to "gently cook" the strawberries. I'm not a gentle cook...more like Emeril...BAM!😆

I'm also not usually too messy when I cook...I like to clean as I go. 

I have no idea how I had chia seeds all over the place. Pesky little things. 

Have a good day everyone!

i sort of imagined when i first read your post that you were tossing them into the pot...lol

Michael was like Emeril ... but has since learned there are other temperatures besides HIGH .. hehe.

• Haha 5
19 minutes ago, chris191070 said:

Hey All,

Just a quick note to let you know that I'm OK. Hopefully I'll have take after next week to be back on the site.

I've got a flying visit home this week as I've got a Pre-Op Appointment tomorrow for Day Surgery on Monday to sort out my Kidney Stones.

I've also got my Second Jab on Friday.

Tuesday I'm back to my Dad's flat where Hopefully I'll be having the contents moved on Wednesday, so hopefully by the end of next week the flat will be empty and deep cleaned. Only the flat to sell and probate to be granted. 

Take Care All

Chris

We miss you Chris! 

Good luck with all your upcoming tasks.

• Like 2
  • Love 1

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..