The Drop in Centre

3 minutes ago, rickproehl said:

Excuse me Good Sirs and DiC friends.

Good Wednesday Morning 

Someone sent this to me and i figure we all could use a laugh.

Enjoy

9A19D959-60BC-45B3-9F64-176808D61484.jpeg

2, 7, 8, 9, 12, and my favorite...19

Thanks for the laugh rick!

• Like 2
  • Site Moderator
1 hour ago, rickproehl said:

Good Wednesday Morning 

Enjoy

They’re all good, but #9 gave me a really good chuckle, because it’s true. :P 

Edited by Reader1810
  • Like 2
5 hours ago, Mikiesboy said:

i sort of imagined when i first read your post that you were tossing them into the pot...lol

Michael was like Emeril ... but has since learned there are other temperatures besides HIGH .. hehe.

Now if we can just teach that to my husband...

4 hours ago, chris191070 said:

Hey All,

Just a quick note to let you know that I'm OK. Hopefully I'll have take after next week to be back on the site.

I've got a flying visit home this week as I've got a Pre-Op Appointment tomorrow for Day Surgery on Monday to sort out my Kidney Stones.

I've also got my Second Jab on Friday.

Tuesday I'm back to my Dad's flat where Hopefully I'll be having the contents moved on Wednesday, so hopefully by the end of next week the flat will be empty and deep cleaned. Only the flat to sell and probate to be granted. 

Take Care All

Chris

Hang in and take it like eating an elephant...one bite at a time.

• Like 3
5 hours ago, rickproehl said:

Good Wednesday Morning 

Enjoy

#3, 7, & 12

Thanks for the laugh rick. Hope you're doing well. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
2 hours ago, Kitt said:

Now if we can just teach that to my husband....

My husband is okay with the stove settings....(most of the time). It's the A/C or heater in the car he has trouble with. No matter what the temp is he defaults to defrost on the cat 5 hurricane setting. 🙄

I keep trying to tell him...it's air in the hair and heat on the feet!😁

• Like 2
  • Haha 2
29 minutes ago, kbois said:

My latest attempt on that front is "condition the space, not my face"

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
4 hours ago, rickproehl said:

Thanks for asking but yes things have gotten better. How about you?

Things are a bit hectic with work, but doing just fine. 

• Like 1
7 hours ago, kbois said:

My husband is okay with the stove settings....(most of the time). It's the A/C or heater in the car he has trouble with. No matter what the temp is he defaults to defrost on the cat 5 hurricane setting. 🙄

SP keeps insisting that he can cook...I keep suggesting he prove it.   He has selected some recopies to make for me, we'll see how it goes.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
8 minutes ago, Fae Briona said:

SP keeps insisting that he can cook...I keep suggesting he prove it.   He has selected some recopies to make for me, we'll see how it goes.

Phil makes wonderful tortillas. they are actually round, whereas mine look like California or Florida. He's also good with making bean and cheese burritos and fried bologna
so, He doesn't cook so much, lol!

• Like 1

Do you ever just want to slap some people?  Humans are individuals, with separate issues and experiences.  Sorry, Jack, but consider yourself slapped.

• Like 3
  • Love 2
11 hours ago, mollyhousemouse said:

He's also good with making bean and cheese burritos and fried bologna

In some parts of the country (particularly in my neck of the woods), good fried bologna is a delicacy. It's hard to get that right amount of sear/caramelization on it without having it burn. I'll take a fried bologna and egg sammich any day of the week!

• Wow 2
  • Site Moderator
40 minutes ago, Mikiesboy said:

Do you ever just want to slap some people?  Humans are individuals, with separate issues and experiences.  Sorry, Jack, but consider yourself slapped.

He should take his own advice, and see where that gets him

Where’s the “slap him silly” line? I want to join it. <_<

• Haha 1
2 hours ago, Mikiesboy said:

That has got to be the most insulting inspirational quote ever. Glad you gave him a virtual slap. 

And yes, the urge to slap an idiot happens nearly every damn day. 

• Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Haha 2

omg.. 1 hour on chat with some drama queen student.. their wire transfer hasnt arrived.. and he fg went on and on about it.  We are being inundated with them right now and seriously, int'l wires take 5 business days or more.. they send them two days before their deadlines and then come whinging to us they wont be able to apply online. We tell you to allow 10 business days so you allow 2 ..   I want to tell them to F OFF ...  i seriously am losing the will to live

• Wow 2
  • Sad 3
  • Site Moderator
16 minutes ago, Mikiesboy said:

omg.. 1 hour on chat with some drama queen student.. their wire transfer hasnt arrived.. and he fg went on and on about it.  We are being inundated with them right now and seriously, int'l wires take 5 business days or more.. they send them two days before their deadlines and then come whinging to us they wont be able to apply online. We tell you to allow 10 business days so you allow 2 ..   I want to tell them to F OFF ...  i seriously am losing the will to live

Idiots like this are truly frustrating and annoying - you have to wonder how they’ve managed to get this far in life without the bottom falling out. 

Just keep telling yourself 4 pm is almost here, and the weekend looks nice with sun and temps in the 60s - yeah, I can’t do celsius when it comes to temperature...

• Like 4
1 hour ago, Reader1810 said:

Idiots like this are truly frustrating and annoying - you have to wonder how they’ve managed to get this far in life without the bottom falling out. 

Just keep telling yourself 4 pm is almost here, and the weekend looks nice with sun and temps in the 60s - yeah, I can’t do celsius when it comes to temperature...

Michael isn't into celsius either.. i understand them both. Michael is ordering dinner...i wish i had some wine.

I feel for the students even though they are sometimes dumb, but to assume we just are lying or that we cant bothered makes me mad.  Banks cannot trace incoming payments.. and him begging me and saying You're my only hope is unfair.  

As soon as i went back i had another from Vietnam. He asked me to check. I did, i also looked at other recent inquiries. A teammate said we'd send it when we got the funds. So, the funds were there as was the proof of funds document. I made a pdf and attached it to my reply. Sent it.  Said to him, Ive replied.

He says okay, goes to read it.  Comes back:  Oh. Does this mean i can apply now.

Yes.

OMG.. thanks.. thank you. have a good day.. wow, thanks..

it was cute.. made me laugh.

If its there, we'll send it. Not too much longer to go.. god.

• Like 3
  • Site Moderator
9 minutes ago, Mikiesboy said:

That is sweet. Nice the student was appreciative. :) 

• Like 3
42 minutes ago, Mikiesboy said:

If its there, we'll send it. Not too much longer to go.. god.

Those face-palm moments that make you laugh are great for brightening your day. 

I laughed at my best friend last week and wished I could've smacked her upside the head. 

She texted me "Where did you live when you when you worked at Logan?

Me: "Everett for a year. Why?

Her: Daughter has an internship in Winthrop and is looking for a place to live for 3 months.

Me: It was OK when I was there...but it was almost 30 freaking years ago

Her: but where did you live? What city?

Me: (rolling my eyes, sighing heavily)

EVERETT!!!

🤦‍♀️🤦‍♀️🤦‍♀️🤦‍♀️🤷‍♀️🤷‍♀️🤷‍♀️🤣🤣🤣

I swear I speak and write in tongues some days. Nope...everyday. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
15 minutes ago, rickproehl said:

tim you need a laugh. i had a call from a older man man and he was having issue with his Tv Remote. spent 15 minutes and he was using his spare cordless phone and pushing those buttons. he was frustrated because it was working so i had to ask what name was in his remote? He said there was none so i ask to describe it and he said “numbers, cid (caller Id) so i said “i think you have the wrong remote” he said no it was the one he always used. suggested he look again and he had put the tv remote on the cordless phone base. 

he finally got his tv working.

omg..LOL.. too funny.  

• Like 2

I looked for my idiot student to see if his wire had come in later in the day but it hadn't. a team mate will check tomorrow as well. 

I decided to see how old he was ... i thought he was a kid the way he was acting!!  He is 32 freaking years old!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!    That just floored me.  Wow, and he wants to come to Canada to go to school.  wow.

• Haha 4
  • Wow 1

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..