The Drop in Centre

2 hours ago, MichaelS36 said:

Hello rick.  Thank you, things aren't so bad.  I hope life is treating you as well as can be expected. 

yes, Michael Sir thanks to a new counselor i have met my challenges head on. they are being dealt with and my guilt / shame. i had given them to much of my time and power Over me.

so yes things are starting to look up.

• Like 2
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, rickproehl said:

yes, Michael Sir thanks to a new counselor i have met my challenges head on. they are being dealt with and my guilt / shame. i had given them to much of my time and power Over me.

so yes things are starting to look up.

I'm glad to hear that. I wish you peace.

• Like 1
34 minutes ago, Kitt said:

Ok, I know one of you thinks I am a whiney old lady and should not dump on the rest of you. You made it quite clear in your pm. But these people are my friends and I want their opinion, so suck it up and skip me while I talk to my friends.

We all dump on each other here. I'd don't know who is complaining to you, but you have always been welcome here and always will be. I know I can speak for tim also. I'm sure he'll say so himself. 

You have been here for all of us at one time or another and we are here for you. 

As to the reason you're here today. I can see why you feel as you do.  The guy is an idiot and cant let go of the past, so he's going to make you pay for his stupidity forever.  Even if that comes at the expense of his customer's convenience. 

You love what you do.  Many people cannot say that. I think you need to give it some time and thought before you make the decision whether you want to continue or not. Is there anyway you can approach this guy and work things out? If you feel not, then what options are there? 

• Like 3
  • Love 2
  • Site Moderator

@Kitt You are not overreacting, not one little bit. With everything you’ve had to deal with this twit, I’d say you’ve shown remarkable restraint.

As for the twit, illegal dumping really says a lot about his lack of character and integrity.

As for the lady with the horse, why in the sam hill is she still boarding her horse there because surely she can see what kind of shitzu he is? I mean if he’s of the character he appears to be, how can she trust her horse is being taken care of properly? smh 

Keep your head held high, Kitt. :hug: 

Edited by Reader1810
  • Like 3
  • Love 1

@KittTrust me, at that point, I'm already tempted to do something creative with horse crap. Bad mouthing or backbiting is already a done deal for at best. You're not over-reacting at all.

Hugs, though! Keep moving forward. :hug:

• Like 4
12 minutes ago, MichaelS36 said:

Is there anyway you can approach this guy and work things out?

Not at this point. 16 hours later I am still fighting the impulse to knock his teeth into next Tuesday.

12 minutes ago, Reader1810 said:

how can she trust her horse is being taken care of properly?

I have wondered that many times. 

• Like 4
1 minute ago, mollyhousemouse said:

i had posted that before i saw yours

sending you calming thoughts ......

I posted before I read the previous posts. I am not usually a violent person, but when you mistreat someone I love I tend to go mamma bear as you know. I was hoping a bit of a rant would ease the desire to do bodily harm. It did help, but...

• Like 3
1 minute ago, Kitt said:

I posted before I read the previous posts. I am not usually a violent person, but when you mistreat someone I love I tend to go mamma bear as you know. I was hoping a bit of a rant would ease the desire to do bodily harm. It did help, but...

you? go mamma bear? no...

:gikkle:

• Love 2
  • Haha 2
1 hour ago, Kitt said:

Ok, I know one of you thinks I am a whiney old lady and should not dump on the rest of you. You made it quite clear in your pm. But these people are my friends and I want their opinion, so suck it up and skip me while I talk to my friends.

You guys know I move horses. It's a small niche business and for the most part I love it, in spite of the thorns that sometimes stick you.

I can't seem to let this one go. I have a regular customer that came to me several years ago after her barn owner was scheduled to take her to a show and cancelled on her the night before.  This twit took offense that I stepped up and "took business away from him". It has been a rocky road with him for over 5 years now. Everything from badmouthing me to any one that would listen to making it next to impossible to safely access the property to pick up the horse. 

I have been banned from pulling in and turning around in the barn yard. "It's too tight and I don't want you hitting customers cars." 

So, I would pull into a parks department property adjacent to his, and the lady would walk the horse over. Not far, just a little inconvient. At first I thought the property belonged to him since that's where he had his manure pile. When parks found he was illegally dumping they put up a fairly substantial fence. 

Several more ridiculous restrictions later it was reduced to my backing into his rather narrow driveway. I don't mean to brag, but I am good with my trailer and can back into and down the quarter mile stretch easily. 

Last night was the last straw. I had backed in to drop the horse after a very long day at a show. The lady had taken the horse into the barn while Wings and I pulled the tack while waiting for her to bring the yard cart around the barn. The twit pulls in and starts bitching that I can't be backing in and blocking his drive. I have now been BANNED from the property. He wants me to load and unload ON THE BUSY ROAD.

And the worst part, instead of coming to the back of the trailer to speak to me directly, he was screaming in my daughters face.

I realize that it was probably a bit rude to dump the tack on a pile of grass, but I needed to leave before I lost control and belted this guy in the mouth. 

Now not only is the barn owner in a snit, the horse owner is pissed I will not load on the road, my kid is pissed he was so nasty to her, my husband thinks I am over reacting, and I just don't feel like I even want to keep the business going. I want to scale back, honor the commitments I have booked, take no new bookings, then shut down at the end of this show season. It just is not fun any more.

My question to you, would you put up with all this and smile like nothing is wrong?

Don't blame you one bit for going mama bear and ballistic at this idiot's behavior. Obviously he received his PhD in stupidity at the same institution as my brother. 

As far as venting. You go ahead and vent all you want. That's a huge part of why this forum is sooooo important. It's a family. 

• Like 4
15 minutes ago, kbois said:

As far as venting. You go ahead and vent all you want. 

I am now sort of wishing I had ranted last night. I might have slept better.

• Like 5
  • Site Moderator
45 minutes ago, kbois said:

As far as venting. You go ahead and vent all you want. That's a huge part of why this forum is sooooo important. It's a family. 

:heart: 

• Love 5
  • Site Moderator
10 minutes ago, Kitt said:

Update. Horse owner went ballistic on barn owner and told him he is not going to restrict her showing because he feels threatened by the shipper, to back off and fly right or she would be forced to leave.  I did leave all the swear words she used in her  message to me out.

Brava! 

• Like 2
  • Love 2
5 hours ago, Kitt said:

Now a comment like that in a pm would make me go ballistic for sure.

You have better self control that me, someone would have been found the next day with a hoof print indenting their head. Not that I'd do it personally but I think all of us have "people" who owe us favors.

I could handle someone yelling at me but from personal experience I can tell you that anyone yelling at my son might have had a hard time surviving.

Let's hope the situation rectifies itself without further issues.

• Like 5
2 hours ago, Kitt said:

I did leave all the swear words she used in her  message to me out.

We're there any new ones?....always looking to expand my vocabulary. 🤣

• Haha 3

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..