The Drop in Centre

5 hours ago, Reader1810 said:

I’m not sure how/when to use the “check it out” emoji. 🤔

It could be useful if they’re searchable. Sort of a “recommendation” by those with little time. That’s the only use I can see.

• Like 4
44 minutes ago, Wayne Gray said:

The "I read it" selection was rather insulting to me. Some readers used it repeatedly, and nothing else. I couldn't help but think "Well, why keep reading if the reaction to my work is the same as you'd have for the boring details of the newspaper?" If I'm not inspired to emotion by something, then I don't keep reading it. It didn't really make sense.

I never liked that one either. Whenever I saw one on one of my stories "I read it", I always wanted to reply...."I wrote it." Obviously you read it if you made it all the way to the end and tapped on the choices...duh. 

I do rather like the rainbow thumbs up. My favorite so far. 

• Like 4
  • Site Moderator
40 minutes ago, Wayne Gray said:

It could be useful if they’re searchable. Sort of a “recommendation” by those with little time. That’s the only use I can see.

Like @Fae Briona I liked the previous ones because they were easier to distinguish. 

Edit: Hey, wait a minute, they’ve changed yet again! They are easy to tell apart, and yes, @kbois the rainbow thumbs up emoji is a nice improvement over the old one. 

• Like 4
16 minutes ago, Myr said:

That one is still primarily intended for forums and not stories.  But now if it's used on a story, it won't have a passive-aggressive connotation to it.  Check it Out! is a stronger version of like it that case.  The intended use case is if you are skimming through a lot of posts and think one's worth reading deeper in.  Reactions are not searchable and unlikely to be given the system structure.

I didn't like it either, but it was user suggested AND voted on to give it a try.  Now we've moved on because of the unintended on the staff's part connotations.  Not sure on the original suggester.  Years blend together doing this coming up on 19 years. 

Ahhhh, yes. In that context, it does make sense. And I agree that the new one isn't passive-aggressive. I'm glad I wasn't the only one to feel that way about the old one, else I'm sure it would have remained in some capacity.

Thanks for the clarification.

Edited by Wayne Gray
  • Like 5

I saw this online today and knew it needed to be shared:

Your impact on other people is bigger than you think. Someone still giggles when they think of that funny thing you said. Someone still smiles when they think of the compliment you gave them. Someone silently admires you. The advice you give has made a difference for people. The support and love you've offered others has made someone's day. Your input and opinions have made someone think twice. You're not insignificant and forgotten. Your existence makes a positive difference, whether you see it or not.

• Love 3
  • Site Moderator
13 minutes ago, kbois said:

I saw this online today and knew it needed to be shared:

Your impact on other people is bigger than you think. Someone still giggles when they think of that funny thing you said. Someone still smiles when they think of the compliment you gave them. Someone silently admires you. The advice you give has made a difference for people. The support and love you've offered others has made someone's day. Your input and opinions have made someone think twice. You're not insignificant and forgotten. Your existence makes a positive difference, whether you see it or not.

:heart: 

• Love 2
1 hour ago, mollyhousemouse said:

thanks @Mikiesboy it's an important list

i struggle with these regularly

lots of us do, especially now. We saw a lady who lives here as we went to the store today. We were talking about this sort of thing and she said, "In lockdown our world is 4 walls for the most part. We need to find brightness in where we are and who we are with if we're lucky enough to have someone."

She always has nice plants so she's doing that. I bought a new one for our place too. Just a little brightness. I also started to feed the plants we did have. Well, they are all actually GREEN now.  Plus i have my hobbies.. and i manage to write a poem now and again. We just need to keep on.

• Like 2
  • Love 3
2 minutes ago, kbois said:

I took my son for his driving test and unfortunately he didn't pass, so it's still just a permit for him and I'm still a car service. 

He let his nerves get to him. I could tell he was sooooo nervous.

Covid made the testing weird. I was in the car with him and the tester was in another car on speaker phone. ?? Ummmmm...... aren't you NOT supposed to be on the phone while driving?? 🤔😆 I wasn't allowed to say a word or he would automatically fail. Yes, I managed to do that. Really. Stop doubting me!!🤣

I did like that it was a closed course. I really didn't think it was fair that she asked him what steps would he take if he had to park the car on hill, facing downhill, with the curb to the right.  Ummmmmm..... Florida doesn't have hills!

At least next time he goes he'll know what to expect. 

Well done for keeping quiet!

Aww, sorry he was so nervous. Next time!!

Do they have a fake hill? They should have a fake hill, imo.

• Like 3
  • Haha 2
5 minutes ago, Mikiesboy said:

lots of us do, especially now. We saw a lady who lives here as we went to the store today. We were talking about this sort of thing and she said, "In lockdown our world is 4 walls for the most part. We need to find brightness in where we are and who we are with if we're lucky enough to have someone."

She always has nice plants so she's doing that. I bought a new one for our place too. Just a little brightness. I also started to feed the plants we did have. Well, they are all actually GREEN now.  Plus i have my hobbies.. and i manage to write a poem now and again. We just need to keep on.

We need more people like her in the world. 

Good luck with the plants. I don't have much of a green thumb. I did manage to keep two office plants alive. 

It's nice to hear from you tim!

2 minutes ago, Mikiesboy said:

Well done for keeping quiet!

Aww, sorry he was so nervous. Next time!!

Do they have a fake hill? They should have a fake hill, imo.

🤣

8 minutes ago, mollyhousemouse said:

it's been a long week needed an upbeat playlist today

listened to that band @MichaelS36 doesn't like, some John Fogerty, Aerosmith, Stevie Nicks, Phillip Phillips (thanks @Wayne Gray) & Stevie Ray Vaughn

helped move the day along

hope everyone is well

Sounds like a great list! What's the band that @MichaelS36 doesn't like? All of those seem like great choices. 

• Like 4
  • Site Moderator

@kbois I didn’t pass my driving test the first time either. That pesky guy, Mr. Nerves paid me a visit as well. 

I’m sure your son will get it the next time now that he knows what to expect. 

• Like 4
  • Site Moderator

Oh, and I just booked my first vaccine appointment for tomorrow at 2 at my local pharmacy.

I’m guessing it’s the Astrazeneca one as it’s at a pharmacy rather than the hospital where my mom got hers in March. 

My older brother and one of my cousins had the Astrazeneca one with no side effects, which I was happy to hear. 

• Like 5
3 hours ago, kbois said:

Good luck with the plants. I don't have much of a green thumb. I did manage to keep two office plants alive. 

🤣

Sounds like a great list! What's the band that @MichaelS36 doesn't like? All of those seem like great choices. 

it was a nice playlist! as for the band, He doesn't like Bon Jovi

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
  • Wow 1
35 minutes ago, mollyhousemouse said:

it was a nice playlist! as for the band, He doesn't like Bon Jovi

How could one not like the Hair God Himself!! GASP!

• Haha 1
  • Wow 1
  • Site Moderator
34 minutes ago, kbois said:

How could one not like the Hair God Himself!! GASP!

Exactly! Who??????????? *shakes head in wonder* 

Edited by Reader1810
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
6 hours ago, kbois said:

She is a lovely person. About molly's size. Always has a kind word and a smile. I hope your son is able to relax at his next attempt. I hope that all goes well. 

• Like 2
  • Love 1
6 hours ago, mollyhousemouse said:

it's been a long week needed an upbeat playlist today

listened to that band @MichaelS36 Sir doesn't like, some John Fogerty, Aerosmith, Stevie Nicks, Phillip Phillips (thanks @Wayne Gray) & Stevie Ray Vaughn

helped move the day along

hope everyone is well

I hope your weekend feels long.  

• Like 2

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..