Open Club  ·  135 members  ·  Free

Headstall's Paddock

CoTT 2 House of Cards

G'day y'all. The temp and dewpoint have both crept up overnight. Not oppressive yet but heat and humidity are in the forecast. I'll need to turn the ac back on later this morning. We had a pleasant walk this morning and then headed to market. Stocked up on a few things. Two stuffed chicken breasts and a smoked ham hock went into the freezer to take along to Mum's when we head back. Also, bought some potato salad, sliced roast beef for sandwiches, a small fresh peach tart, ginger-lime shrimp salad (think something along the line of shrimp stir-fry but without cooking the veggies). Oh and an 8×10 slice of tomato bread (I would call it tomato focaccia). I'll sprinkle it with fresh grated parmesan cheese and warm it in the oven. It will come out with a slightly crispness to the bottom crust. I'll eat with a fresh green salad for lunch on Monday. Currently we're enjoying a bit of quiet sitting out under the tree. In a bit I'll go to the grocer for things not available at market. I'll also get lunch there. This weekend they are serving fresh fried bluefish, yes, it's really bluefish, sandwiches from their outdoor pavilion. Each weekend, Fri-Sunday, from April through October they serve something special. Under normal circumstances patrons could sit at several shaded picnic tables to eat but with COVID the food is only available for takeout. The fish sandwiches are very good. They also offer crabcake or fried oyster sandwiches. You can but just the sandwich or add french fries or onion rings and a soft drink to make a meal. Much better than anything available from the fast food places.

• Love 5
4 minutes ago, Valkyrie said:

The heat and humidity are ramping up here too.  I got up early and went grocery shopping, so now I have lots of nice, fresh food.  I was also able to stock up on a bunch of meat that was 'reduced for quick sale'. I'm going to make chicken cordon bleu soup tonight.  It's a recipe I've never tried before, but it sounded delicious.  I think fried bluefish needs to be the official food of CoTT  :rofl:  

:yes:  Morning, Val. :hug: 

• Like 3
  • Love 2
3 hours ago, dughlas said:

The fish sandwiches are very good. They also offer crabcake or fried oyster sandwiches. You can but (buy?) just the sandwich or add french fries or onion rings and a soft drink to make a meal. Much better than anything available from the fast food places.

Sounds delicious. :yes:

• Like 1
  • Love 4
2 hours ago, Marty said:

Seems likely that the tracks are so close together because it was a slow moving vertebrate (possibly an extinct lizard type of animal), that didn't stand too high off the ground,  that was travelling through sand... :unsure2:

I believe your right Marty:yes:

• Like 4
16 hours ago, Marty said:

So here's my week 21 offering of my attempt to take and upload a new black and white photograph every week for 52 weeks...

Hide contents

50252897632_392d257255_c.jpg

This one is showing part of the damage that Storm Ellen did to my garden.

(Those rose blossoms were all upright the day before the storm hit.)

I love the qualities of the photo but am saddened by the damage to your garden. The bright spot is the roses survive to bloom again. Thanks for sharing your talent.

• Like 1
  • Love 3
19 hours ago, Marty said:

Seems likely that the tracks are so close together because it was a slow moving vertebrate (possibly an extinct lizard type of animal), that didn't stand too high off the ground,  that was travelling through sand... :unsure2:

I read that they believe it to be the tracks of two separate critters travelling over the sand dune at differing times.

• Like 3

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..