Open Club  ·  134 members  ·  Free

Headstall's Paddock

CoTT 2 House of Cards

I've got my vaccine shots booked! :D appointment next Wednesday, so that I'll be done with exams, and 2nd shot june 20th with Pfizer. Booked my brother for those same dates too (so that he'llhold my hand).

Dad isn't really fond of the idea of being vaccinated but as it'll likely be mandatory to go to concerts among other activities he'll do it. 

• Love 5

G'day y'all warm, already 82/28° at 11am, and humid making it feel like 87/30°. This is more like mid-June rather that early May. The forecast says we could see storms again later today.

Today would have been mum and my stepdad's 24th wedding anniversary. 

Twenty-fours later the only side effect from my second shot is a slightly sore arm. The migraine I'm blaming on the weather. 

• Like 4
  • Love 1
22 hours ago, Albert1434 said:

We had scrambled eggs and pork belly:kiss: for breakfast

I bought some porridge for breakfast on the weekend. The cooler weather is here (with rain, sorry Albert). 

I need to pick up a few bits and pieces to do my soup in a cup for work

• Like 3
  • Love 2

Ugh it's sooo windy here. Started last evening and got worst during the night, I had troubles sleeping. But the temperatures have risen to 15°C this afternoon. 

• Wow 2
  • Sad 3

Sierra-de-Purial-Mountain-Chain-Cuba.jpg

The "Sierra de Purial" mountain chain, near the eastern tip of Cuba, in the south of the province of Guantanamo

The Sierra de Purial Mountains at one stage separated the city of Baracoa, the first place that Christopher Columbus landed on his first trip to the Americas, from the rest of Cuba.

Before the Cuban Revolution the only access was by sea, but in the 1960s a 120 km long road from Guantanamo City, named "La Farola", was built through the mountains. This was one of the showcases of the Cuban revolution.

The road had been planned by the overthrown Batista government, but never built. The highest point of the road is at over 600 meters above sea level, and it passes over 11 bridges.

The Sierra de Purial mountain chain is 74.7 km long, and reaches an elevation of up to 901 metres above sea level.
I took this photograph during a visit to Cuba in November 2016.

• Like 1
  • Love 4
41 minutes ago, Albert1434 said:

I keep hoping that Gary will show up:yes:

Yeah, I think all of us feel that way. Val has been quiet too, though I know she's around.

• Like 1
  • Love 3
2 hours ago, Bucket1 said:

Hello young Albert :hug:

and anyone lurking...

Greetings, bro. :hug:

Not so much as me lurking as being busy outside in the garden. :yes:

• Like 2
  • Love 1
  • Haha 1
1 hour ago, Marty said:

Greetings, bro. :hug:

Not so much as me lurking as being busy outside in the garden. :yes:

Not sure you can lurk what with stumping about in those muddy boots of yours.

• Haha 4
1 minute ago, Marty said:
1 hour ago, clochette said:

Ewww am I the only one thinking the new reaction faces are ugly? I dont like them :unsure:

No. You're not. :no: 

But, as @dughlas says, I'm sure we'll get used to them. :yes:

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..