Open Club  ·  133 members  ·  Free

Headstall's Paddock

CoTT 2 House of Cards

5 minutes ago, Albert1434 said:

Tonight were having for dinner

Sirloin with Blue Cheese Chive Cream

with roasted fingerling potatoes and Brussels sprouts!

I had home cooked chips (fries to you lot across the pond) with cheese omelette, followed by stewed rhubarb (from my garden) and custard.

• Like 3
  • Love 1
12 hours ago, Albert1434 said:

I'd be interested to know whether Percy has microphones attached, that may actually let us hear the sounds from Genie's rotors...

Edited by Marty
Tidying up
  • Like 3
Just now, CassieQ said:

Hello!  I escaped the salt mines for a day!

Only reason I'm in the house this early in the evening as that it's raining, so I've decided to pause my gardening for a while. :yes:

• Like 5
2 minutes ago, Headstall said:

Hey, all. Sorry if I caused any worry. The simple reason for keeping my laptop closed is I've been struggling, and needed some time to look after myself. Nothing dramatic... I'm good, or at least trying to be. Hope you all are well. On a bad note, Cookie met up with a skunk Tuesday night and I've been bathing her regularly... three times now. She still has an odor... and I had to wash all my bedding(which had just been done) and take out the family room rug. 

On a good note, I received my first Pfizer vaccine today... get the next one in four months. 

Stay well, my friends. I might not be around much, but it's nice to know you guys are there. Cheers! 

So glad to know you are ok or well okish :hug: take your time taking care of yourself.

Good luck with the skunk smell :pinch:

hoping the shot didn't hurt too much. It must be a relief :kiss: (i can kiss you now ;))

• Haha 5
25 minutes ago, Headstall said:

Hey, all. Sorry if I caused any worry. The simple reason for keeping my laptop closed is I've been struggling, and needed some time to look after myself. Nothing dramatic... I'm good, or at least trying to be. Hope you all are well. On a bad note, Cookie met up with a skunk Tuesday night and I've been bathing her regularly... three times now. She still has an odor... and I had to wash all my bedding(which had just been done) and take out the family room rug. 

On a good note, I received my first Pfizer vaccine today... get the next one in four months. 

Stay well, my friends. I might not be around much, but it's nice to know you guys are there. Cheers! 

Take as much time as you need, buddy. But always remember that we are here for you. :hug:

17 minutes ago, clochette said:

hoping the shot didn't hurt too much. It must be a relief :kiss: (i can kiss you now ;))

I get my second Pfizer shot tomorrow, so Gary can kiss me as well, if he wants. :kiss:

:blushing:

• Haha 5
3 hours ago, Headstall said:

Tryin' is all we can do.

Has Cookie learned her lesson?

Glad you got your first shot.

• Like 4
4 hours ago, Headstall said:

:hug: for you but not so much for poor Cookie. I'm guessing it’s her first encounter. 

One jab done, this is good news indeed :) 

• Like 3
  • Love 1
19 minutes ago, clochette said:

Alison Brie What GIF

I'm a lady! :pinch:

:lol:

WOMAN

ELLA WHEELER WILCOX (Written 1885)

Give us that grand word woman once again,
And let's have done with lady.
                                     One's a term,
Full of fine force--strong, beautiful, and firm,
Fit for the noblest use of tongue or pen--
And one's a word for lackeys.
                                     One suggests
The mother, wife and sister, one the dame
Whose costly robe, mayhap, gave her the name,
One word upon its own strength leans and rests;
The other minces tiptoe.
                                     Who would be
The perfect woman must grow brave of heart
And broad of soul, to play her troubled part
Well in life's drama. While each day we see
The perfect lady, skilled in what to do
And what to say, grace in each tone and act
('Tis taught in school, but needs serve native tact),
Yet narrow in her mind as in her shoe.
Give the first place, then, to the nobler phrase,
And leave the lesser word for lesser praise.

• Like 4
  • Love 1

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..