Open Club  ·  134 members  ·  Free

Headstall's Paddock

CoTT 2 House of Cards

17 minutes ago, dughlas said:

Mum says she would avoid mixing them if at all possible. I know you're anxious to cuddle the young ones but be patient. You've done it for this long.

Tell Mum I said thanks. :hug: 

• Love 5
5 hours ago, Headstall said:

The Ontario doctors who are on TV every day are saying it's fine to mix them, but they also say data is limited because no clinical studies for mixing doses have been completed yet. But, they say there is no reason to suspect issues. The official Canadian website says both things as well... get the same dose as the first(recommended) but if it's not readily available, it's okay to get the second from a different vaccine. The US FDA recommends getting the same vaccine for both shots. Hence, the confusion... the sooner I get the second dose the sooner I can hold my grandchildren. Three of my kids and kids-in-law who are eligible are getting the Moderna tonight, and the others are not sure yet. There are two more clinics over the next week. :unsure2:  

This has been a big question here as we have just changed the age guidelines for the AZ (a couple of days ago). Strong advice here is go with the first dose. The medical officials say that the idea of mixing doses is “interesting” but there are no clinical studies available. Some very recent work suggests that the reaction to the different jab is higher but you won’t grow a second or third head and no ones arm fell off. No news yet on how well it provides protection but that work could be published “soon”.

My advice would be go with the same dose unless you speak with your medical professional first. I am booked in for my second AZ on Saturday.

Ask your doc, get the right jab for you, hug your grandkids

• Love 5
10 hours ago, Bucket1 said:

OMG I have been complaining about the cold but didn’t realise until today just how cold it’s been.

The guy across the road was wearing trousers, his entire legs were covered in fabric, OMG he always always always wears shorts. It must be Arctic temperatures :o

A couple of ladies in mum's neighborhood know it must be cold when I wear long pants to walk in the morning. The one lady's usual greeting is ... "Aren't you freezing?" I wear long sleeves, usually a light hoody and often gloves, my fingers on the left hand chill faster than the rest of me.

• Like 2
  • Wow 3

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..