Open Club  ·  135 members  ·  Free

Headstall's Paddock

CoTT 2 House of Cards

12 minutes ago, CassieQ said:

I had a boyfriend in college that was reading the series.  I remember because I got him one of the books for Christmas and it took forever to find it.  

Iread the series, but the last few books were a mess in my opinion. I found them frustrating(and there were waaaay too many characters to keep straight), and then Robert Jordan died, so the book was finished by someone else... Brandon Sanderson I believe, but I could be wrong about that. :) 

• Like 3
  • Love 2
35 minutes ago, clochette said:

Pfff received a message from one of the neighbor, the nice one. The other upstairs neighbor aka the loud one, caught a drunk homeless trying to steal or something in the basements who said a woman had let him in. The neighbor threw the homeless out but he came back, they fought and he threw him out once more but he said he'd be back... thing is the front door locks but is a bit wonky.

Sigh I've left the apartment Friday afternoon for the weekend and now I'm kinda worried to go back. One thing is sure though if I hear even one small suspecting noise I'll be calling the cops! 

Be very careful, Tink! :hug: 

• Like 3
  • Wow 1
25 minutes ago, CassieQ said:

Damn, be careful.  

10 minutes ago, Headstall said:

Be very careful, Tink! :hug: 

Thanks I will be. I've noticed my landlord who has noticed the coownership manager. My apartment door is a three points one so it should be ok. So much for a nice and easy fresh start though... :/

• Like 1
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, CassieQ said:

Reminds me of another popular series *cough*GameofThrones*cough*

Tbh, I'm tired of fantasy/mythology stories with a "medieval Europe" type of setting. Even though Chadwick Boseman is gone (may he rest in peace), I think Wakanda still has more stories to tell.  :)

• Like 4

Hmmm guys I might have found a way to get news about Marty.

I've looked up in Twitter and found his account. It was created it 2011 and he hasn't post on it since 2017 but in the accounts he follows there's a Patrick Cooked, early 40 I'd say and looking like our Marty so a nephew I'd guess. 

Thing is this guy's account seems professional and the guy seems to have an important job, his description says "Oxford business group's managing editor for Asia and the Middle East. Views are my own". He doesn't post often and lives in the Philippines. 

So what do you think, do I send an pm asking about his uncle Marty or is it too much and none of our business? 

• Like 1
  • Love 4
6 minutes ago, CassieQ said:

Poor guy.  If he thinks animals in America are bad, he's going to have a hard time if he ever ends up in Australia.  

(Who keeps their washing machine in the kitchen?  Where does the dishwasher go)?

What I don't get is why is he so uptight about the washing machine being in the kitchen specifically. It can be anywhere as long as there's a water arrival 🤷🏻‍♀️ may it be the kitchen, bathroom, laundry room,  basement... whatever

• Like 4
34 minutes ago, clochette said:

Hmmm guys I might have found a way to get news about Marty.

I've looked up in Twitter and found his account. It was created it 2011 and he hasn't post on it since 2017 but in the accounts he follows there's a Patrick Cooked, early 40 I'd say and looking like our Marty so a nephew I'd guess. 

Thing is this guy's account seems professional and the guy seems to have an important job, his description says "Oxford business group's managing editor for Asia and the Middle East. Views are my own". He doesn't post often and lives in the Philippines. 

So what do you think, do I send an pm asking about his uncle Marty or is it too much and none of our business? 

No harm in asking. Unfortunately, I think we all know the answer. :( 

• Like 5
47 minutes ago, CassieQ said:

Poor guy.  If he thinks animals in America are bad, he's going to have a hard time if he ever ends up in Australia.  

(Who keeps their washing machine in the kitchen?  Where does the dishwasher go)?

Uhm, ... me.

• Haha 5
13 minutes ago, Page Scrawler said:

Well, Marty's account says that he last logged in on October 3rd. I do find it odd that he didn't say anything, though.

His last post was Aug third from North England. He should have been back home about a week later. I hope it was him logging in on October third. Maybe he's been very ill, and that was his way of sending us a message. :unsure: 

• Like 1
  • Fingers Crossed 4
16 minutes ago, CassieQ said:

Actually now that I think about it, my last 2 apartments had the washing machines in the kitchen, but I don't see that very often in houses. 

Maybe because in an apartment you don't need a dishwasher (small place -> small family ->not a lot of dirty dishes) and bathroom are small so the best spot is in the kitchen?

• Like 4
1 hour ago, clochette said:

Well seems like this guy's account is blocked to receive pm from unknown people so that answers my question...

• Like 4
  • Sad 1

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..