Open Club  ·  134 members  ·  Free

Headstall's Paddock

CoTT 2 House of Cards

17 hours ago, clochette said:

Took all 3 cats to the vet this morning for their annual vaccination and checkup. Everyone is in good health, just the oldest to watch for any excess or diminution of drinking and food as she's 12 and it could be signs of health problems. Looping has now a "warning" in his file for clawing and attacking as she had to used a mitten to take him out of the carrier :rolleyes:

It's been raining all day here *sigh* the weather really took a turn into autumn the last couple of days. 

A happy weekend to you all gang :hug:

My doctors didn't need to wear mittens to get me out of my carrier. Seriously, I am pleased that your feline companions are doing well.

We had a lovely autumnal day here Saturday. Plentiful sunshine, light breeze. Mum and I went to the shop at faire. Seems I am considered an invalid. I was sat down in a corner for the first couple of hours finishing off and clipping loose threads from items before they were hung for sale ... arrrrrrghhhh. My body tells me I am perfectly capable of attending customers. It's what I do best and in all modesty I am better at it than the others. Something I proved as the afternoon progressed. I know that likely sounds petulant on my part and yes that's true. Mum and I both feel my recovery is going remarkably well. I have always been a good patient. I listen to my body, our bodies feel pain and discomfort for a reason. If I try something and my body says no not yet than I take note and don't do that. I was given no firm restrictions other than no driving while taking pain meds, I've only taken 3 pills. I don't need them. I may not move as quickly and need to avoid heavy lifting but otherwise I am capable of doing most of what I did presurgery.

I am a bit concerned about mum. By midday she was exhausted to the point of being woozy. She said she thinks it was because last week or so was very tiring both physically and emotionally. She sat quietly had some coffee and light food and was better by the time we came home. We are not going to the shop today. While I had no difficulty doing what I do and enjoyed it imensely and could work again today I've promised mum I shan't overdo.  Today Mum is visiting with my steplady-in-law (for all intent and purpose she is my stepbrother's wife but they are unmarried, a few years ago their pastor was going to perform a civil union for them but a group within the church raised an unchristian stink and it didn't happen) Thistle and I are having a mostly relaxing day doing what I am not sure but something. I also, owe you some kilt tales. I've not yet told you about Jake, Nick, Alex or Nick's return with friends ...

• Love 5
3 hours ago, Bucket1 said:

I am happy to send some of our rain your way Albert :hug:

Ai can send some too. In the south it rained the equivalent of 4 months of rain in less than a day! Dams, bridges and roads have break down...

• Wow 4
2 minutes ago, clochette said:

Ai can send some too. In the south it rained the equivalent of 4 months of rain in less than a day! Dams, bridges and roads have break down...

Yikes! That's a lot of rain. Hey, Tink. :hug: 

• Like 5

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..