Open Club  ·  135 members  ·  Free

Headstall's Paddock

CoTT 2 House of Cards

1 hour ago, Headstall said:

I cooked a frozen pizza because I felt lazy. There's still more than half left. I hope my son will want it. :unsure: 

Does he typically decline when you offer leftovers ...

1 hour ago, Albert1434 said:

That could be tomorrow's lunch:yes:

I doubt there will be any ... that does however, remind me that there are two slices of pepperoni & fungus in the fridge.

Edited by dughlas
  • Haha 5
23 minutes ago, Page Scrawler said:

We had Huevos Rancheros with pan fried potatoes.  :)

Mum and I went out for a late lunch--I had a black forest panini, house salad and pommes frites, mum had a chicken cordon bleu crepe--so we're skipping dinner. 

• Love 5
Just now, Albert1434 said:

Aloha Dughlas:hug::kiss: hoping your well today:yes:

I'm well enough thank you. Struggling a bit with migraine and depression, I'm missing my little guy. It's difficult because he was so intertwined in my life. There nothing I do that he wasn't part of so there's an empty hole where he should be. Also, mum just doesn't have the energy to do the things we've done together in the past. Wierd as it may sound what I would really like is to take a walk in the snow. Not likely since we're forecast to see above normal temps for the next few days.

• Like 1
  • Love 2
  • Sad 1
25 minutes ago, dughlas said:

I'm well enough thank you. Struggling a bit with migraine and depression, I'm missing my little guy. It's difficult because he was so intertwined in my life. There nothing I do that he wasn't part of so there's an empty hole where he should be. Also, mum just doesn't have the energy to do the things we've done together in the past. Wierd as it may sound what I would really like is to take a walk in the snow. Not likely since we're forecast to see above normal temps for the next few days.

So sorry to hear your pain I hope it will get better:yes::kiss:

• Love 4
6 hours ago, dughlas said:

I wish there was something I could say that would help. :hug: 

• Like 1
  • Love 3
11 hours ago, Albert1434 said:

So sorry to hear your pain I hope it will get better:yes::kiss:

5 hours ago, Headstall said:

I wish there was something I could say that would help. :hug: 

Thank you both. In time the hurt will lessen. I hung his Christmas stocking. The Monday before he passed we stopped at the pet store to buy food and they we're stocking the Christmas themed toys. Mum bought him a new stuffed penguin toy. I'll put it in the stocking. Like most of his other things I'll pack it away for the new pup. Mum's cousin sent a photo of he and I together that she took when we visited together the week before. I want to have it printed to frame and give to mum at Christmas. I'll print a copy for myself too.

• Love 5
6 hours ago, Albert1434 said:

Make one dough and endless variations.

They look tasty. Mum and I haven't started our baking yet. Hopefully today. She doesn't seem to have the energy, says she wakes up as tired as when she went to sleep. I worry, she's 86. I know she misses Thistle too. I'm very glad she had come north this fall for a visit. It allowed her to spend time with him.

• Like 3
  • Wow 1
  • Sad 1
6 hours ago, dughlas said:

Thank you both. In time the hurt will lessen. I hung his Christmas stocking. The Monday before he passed we stopped at the pet store to buy food and they we're stocking the Christmas themed toys. Mum bought him a new stuffed penguin toy. I'll put it in the stocking. Like most of his other things I'll pack it away for the new pup. Mum's cousin sent a photo of he and I together that she took when we visited together the week before. I want to have it printed to frame and give to mum at Christmas. I'll print a copy for myself too.

I'm glad to hear you mention a new pup. Only you can decide when the time is right, but sometimes it's what is needed to help fill the hole left. Maybe it's what Mum needs too. :hug: 

• Love 5

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..