Open Club  ·  135 members  ·  Free

Headstall's Paddock

CoTT 2 House of Cards

1 hour ago, raven1 said:

Hello Page, Hope all is well in your part of the world.:hug:😄

Yup. All is well here. I went to pick Max up from ballet, and he was standing outside the studio with the lad from his 'journal entry'. They were holding their hands together when I pulled up to the building, but Max let go and quickly said "Bye!" when I called out to him. When Max got into the car, this was the exchange that happened:

Me: "Did you have fun today?"

Max: "Yeah!"

Me: "Glad to hear it. Do you like your classmates?"

Max: "Uh-huh!"

Me: "Is there anyone you like more than others?"

Max: *pause* "I like Michael."

Me: "Is Michael nice?"

Max: "Yeah. We help each other with stretching and warm-ups and stuff."

Me: "Did Michael forget his gloves today, or something?"

Max: *giggles* "Yeah! He's really funny like that. He's always missing stuff, or forgetting things. He said his hands were cold."

Me: "So you offered to keep his hands warm, huh? That was nice of you."

Max: *blushes a bit* "Yeah, I guess. But it made my tummy feel weird, though."

Me: "You mean, like butterflies? Do you think you might like Michael as more than a friend?"

Max: *nods quietly*

Me: "You know that's okay, right, honey? You can like boys or girls, or both. Whatever--or whoever--you choose, your Dad and I will always support you."

Max: *leans forward and hugs me from behind* (We were stopped at an intersection.)

Edited by Page Scrawler
  • Like 1
  • Love 3
2 minutes ago, Page Scrawler said:

Yup. All is well here. I went to pick Max up from ballet, and he was standing outside the studio with the lad from his 'journal entry'. They were holding their hands together when I pulled up to the building, but Max let go and quickly said "Bye!" when I called out to him. When Max got into the car, this was the exchange that happened:

Max: *giggles* "Yeah! He's really funny like that. He's always missing stuff, or forgetting things. He said his hands were cold."

Me: "You mean, like butterflies? Do you think you might like Michael as more than a friend?"

Me: "You know that's okay, right, honey? You can like boys or girls, or both. Whatever--or whoever--you choose, your Dad and I will always support you."

Max: *leans forward and hugs me from behind* (We were stopped at an intersection.)

OMG that is such a lovely description.  I don't know who we  should be prouder of you or Max.  You handled that conversation perfectly. Max had to have both courage and deep trust in you and Morgan.  :hug:You just made my day so much happier. Thanks for sharing!

• Like 3
  • Love 2

Leaving my mare out tonight... she was a bit stiff when I turned her out and I saw she was stocked up in the hind legs (swelling from inactivity)... now I will worry about her being too cold, but the forecast is only for a low of -12 and no wind... and then up to 0c tomorrow. :unsure: 

• Wow 3
  • Fingers Crossed 2
7 hours ago, Page Scrawler said:

I'm so happy for you both.

• Love 5
9 minutes ago, dughlas said:

Sawasdee Khrup Terry. I know I'm late in wishing you a Happy Lunar New Year. I apologize but I've fogotten if/when Thais celebrate.

Hi Dugh! It is the Chinese Lunar New Year and the fireworks were all over the city last night.  Since the Chinese have migrated to Thailand in the past several centuries, Thais have adopted this as one of their New Years.  Many of the Thais have Chinese names and are among the rich here. The next is Songkran, the traditional Thai New Year that is also a lunar New Year. This year it is celebrated April 13th to 15th.  The third is the western New Year.  Thais do love to celebrate! How are you and Mom doing?:hug::hug:

• Love 5

Hi Clo! Sawasdee Khrup! :hug:Glad to see you here.  The weather here last two weeks was unusual also, but for the opposite reasons.  This is the dry season and is usually very dry with no rain for 4 months.  Right in the middle of this season we got two weeks of down pouring tropical rain. :blink:

• Like 3
  • Love 2

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..