• Site Administrator
27 minutes ago, vanalas said:

Hey guys, i am kinda new here, i mean as an author and i just wanted your help like, how do you promote your stories here? How do you get people to see? i have lots of questions on that. Please help.

Participate in the forums, post status updates, and read and comment on other stories.  Being active on the site is the best way to promote your work.  Participating in the anthologies is also another way to get your stories out there and bring in readership.  

• Like 5
  • Site Administrator

Welcome as a new author.  The best approach to receive active engagement is to give it.  Thoughtful participation on the forums and in story comments/reviews will raise the awareness of your own work. 

It would also be a good idea to  put a link to your story in your signature so that it shows up when you post. People are more likely to check it out that way.

Also your story's description is your first opportunity to hook a reader's attention. Spending the time to make that stand out helps.  You want to get a reader's attention and want them curious enough to find out more.

• Like 5
4 hours ago, vanalas said:

Hey guys, i am kinda new here, i mean as an author and i just wanted your help like, how do you promote your stories here? How do you get people to see? i have lots of questions on that. Please help.

Participation in different aspects of the site gets you noticed. Your work will get read and reviewed. 

• Like 4
6 hours ago, Parker Owens said:

Participation in different aspects of the site gets you noticed. Your work will get read and reviewed. 

Thanks a lot

• Like 3
  • 1 month later...

I would say that a short story would help get you noticed. Perhaps I do not represent the majority, but you have a story with chapters the length of a book, in total nearly half a million words, and it's not finished. That might put a lot of readers off, unless they already knew and enjoyed your writing, half a million words is over 41 hours reading! Personally I would have split it, novels are usually, between 50k and 100k. I think five or six books as a series would get you more readers. You can only get reviews after a story is complete, so by now you would have built up both reviews and followers. Comments and chapter likes count and with shorter chapters you get more of those. As I said, I may be the exception, but I'm not very likely to read chapters of 20k to 35k.

• Like 3
  • Love 1
On 8/20/2020 at 5:23 AM, Talo Segura said:

As I said, I may be the exception, but I'm not very likely to read chapters of 20k to 35k.

I don't think you're the exception, Talo.  That's a lot. I don't necessarily have time to read all that in one go. If i like it i'll come back to follow the story. Chapters of four to five thousand words are nice. The trend of posting 1,000 word chapters also puts me off but it's good for the ego and your 'like' count. 

• Like 3
On 8/21/2020 at 4:25 PM, Mikiesboy said:

I don't think you're the exception, Talo.  That's a lot. I don't necessarily have time to read all that in one go. If i like it i'll come back to follow the story. Chapters of four to five thousand words are nice. The trend of posting 1,000 word chapters also puts me off but it's good for the ego and your 'like' count. 

I debated between approving of and laughing at your comment. 20k chapters aren't for me either, but I kinda like the 1k efforts. I may do it again in the future. LOL

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Carlos Hazday said:

I debated between approving of and laughing at your comment. 20k chapters aren't for me either, but I kinda like the 1k efforts. I may do it again in the future. LOL

Opinions expressed are my own. People can do with them as they please.

• Love 1
  • Haha 1