• Site Moderator

And now it's a very foggy Sunday morning, but I'm still taking the shiny.

Summer begins to day, it's Father's Day, it's Turkey Lover's Day, and most importantly, it's American Eagle Day. And since I will be keeping the shiny for the day, the drinks will be Vanilla Milkshakes and Ice Cream Soda's and Kouign Amann.

• Like 3
  • Love 2
3 hours ago, TalonRider said:

Summer begins to day

And in many cultures (including much of northern Europe) June 24 is midsummer's day...

So Summer starts today (June 20) - midsummer is in four days time - so does that mean summer only lasts for eight days, and will end on 28 June? :o

Actually, now that I think about it, that sounds about right for Ireland...

Irish-Summer.jpg

• Haha 4
3 hours ago, clochette said:

Hey that's french! :D that's cake is a heart attack on a plate but it's so good :joe:

take a slab of butter 

and flour and yeast

and sugar

and salt

and some extra sugar

hm, think we need more butter… :o  :lol:

:joe:

girl man GIF

• Haha 3
  • Wow 1
40 minutes ago, Zombie said:

take a slab of butter 

and flour and yeast

and sugar

and salt

and some extra sugar

hm, think we need more butter… :o  :lol:

:joe:

girl man GIF

Yup that sum it pretty good.

It's a dough similar to a puff pastry, you put a stick of butter and sugar on it and then fold the dough and roll it. Repeat the folding and rolling until all the butter and sugar are incorporate. Before putting in the over add some melted butter and sugar on top. Et voilà ! 

Good Food GIF

I'm curious how did you come up with that gif? Cause it's so typically Breton but I'd guess it's not really what foreign tourists would first have in mind when thinking about Bretagne. 

• Like 3
5 hours ago, clochette said:

I'm curious how did you come up with that gif? Cause it's so typically Breton but I'd guess it's not really what foreign tourists would first have in mind when thinking about Bretagne. 

ah yes, well there is a close connection between Bretagne and the Celtic peoples of Britain

the gif shows Celts celebrating Midsummer in the Scottish Isles

if you’re interested, there’s an excellent documentary film about this

its called The Wicker Man :funny:

• Love 3