Questions about underwear

Underwear Questions  

25 members have voted

1. 1. What style of underwear do you wear? You can fit it into one of the options I'm sure.

2. 2. Do they have a slot and do you use it?

• No, so I don't use it
    • Yes, and I do use it
    • Yes, and I don't use it

17 hours ago, astone2292 said:

I think a few more options for question one are in order, particularly for those brave commandos in our community. Go ahead and stick all of the options on there! See who's courageous! 

I could be wrong, but somehow I suspect the second question is the one that's more pressing for Steve here. :P

I go back and forth between briefs and boxer-briefs - briefs slightly more often, I usually just switch if I'm feeling kind of "constricted", so to speak, on a given day. For instance, yesterday I wore boxer-briefs, today I'm wearing briefs. Form-fitting/supportive, and not too tight. :)

I gave up regular boxers years ago - too loose for me, which I don't really find comfortable, especially when they'd bunch up. :/ (And if it matters, having that "slot" does not help; I entered "yes, I don't use" for #2 because while most of my pairs don't have it, some still do.)

Edited by MJ85
  • Like 4
  • Love 1
4 hours ago, George Richard said:

And for those of us who are left-handed, maybe another response

“Many briefs have the slot on the right side so it’s too much trouble for a lefty”

I prefer the Jockey Pouch or Fruit of the Loom H-Fly because of the H-Fly on both -- the slot is in the middle, horizontal, and big enough to be useful.  Most of the diagonal-fly types have too narrow a slot for simple use.  Other brands have an H-Fly, if you search the Internet, but at high prices.  I can get the Jockey and Fruit-of-the-Loom brands less than 5 miles from my home.

• Like 5
43 minutes ago, ReaderPaul said:

H-Fly

I had to research this newfangled technology. My literal response:

Steve Brule GIF by MOODMAN

If we're talkin' brands, I've been a loyal Pair of Thieves customer for years. There's a few different fabrics in several essential styles, but their SuperFit fabric is phenomenal. I could work a very physical eight-hour shift and drive home feeling like a flower. It's like air-conditioned undies! They are a wee bit pricey, but I can't see myself defecting to a different brand.

Edited by astone2292
  • Like 3
  • Site Moderator
7 hours ago, George Richard said:

And for those of us who are left-handed, maybe another response

“Many briefs have the slot on the right side so it’s too much trouble for a lefty”

There are a few brands out there that now offer the opening horizontally so all you need do is reach down and in and bring it out.

• Like 4
4 hours ago, ReaderPaul said:

I prefer the Jockey Pouch or Fruit of the Loom H-Fly because of the H-Fly on both -- the slot is in the middle, horizontal, and big enough to be useful.  Most of the diagonal-fly types have too narrow a slot for simple use.  Other brands have an H-Fly, if you search the Internet, but at high prices.  I can get the Jockey and Fruit-of-the-Loom brands less than 5 miles from my home.

Munsingwear had the H-fly first as far as I know but yes, others do now. 

• Like 4
5 hours ago, TalonRider said:

There are a few brands out there that now offer the opening horizontally so all you need do is reach down and in and bring it out.

Yes.  That is what is called the horizontal fly or an H-Fly.  I bought my first H-Fly at a Jockey Outlet store in about 1990.  It was much more comfortable and efficient than any underwear a fly I had worn up to that time.

4 hours ago, George Richard said:

Munsingwear had the H-fly first as far as I know but yes, others do now. 

I'm not sure who had the H-Fly first.  I found out about the existence of such about 1990 at a Jockey store.

• Like 3

In the late spring, summer and early fall, if I don't go commando my nuts sweat and ultimately itch something fierce. Ya gotta have air circulating down there. Heck it's easy to be careful about the zipper, Plus tucking your tee shirt into your shorts ( always wear shorts) protects against any chafing. Plus much easier to get to your dick for any extracurricular activities. Sorry Dodger commando is the way to go for sure, but to each his own. gay men GIF

On 1/2/2022 at 6:55 PM, Jon Jon said:

In the late spring, summer and early fall, if I don't go commando my nuts sweat and ultimately itch something fierce. Ya gotta have air circulating down there. Heck it's easy to be careful about the zipper, Plus tucking your tee shirt into your shorts ( always wear shorts) protects against any chafing. Plus much easier to get to your dick for any extracurricular activities. Sorry Dodger commando is the way to go for sure, but to each his own. gay men GIF

As much as the Gif you posted just sells the entire idea for me..  I must say no. NO, Ladies and Gentlemen wear underwears. :P It just isn't done, it just isn't done. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

Obviously you have not had the balls itching problem. Plus having your privates being loose and swinging free with cool breezes pleasuring your most special parts. When you want to show encouragement to another you can have your pecker peek out to see what's up. For sure commando is the only way to fly.  

18 minutes ago, Jon Jon said:

Obviously you have not had the balls itching problem. Plus having your privates being loose and swinging free with cool breezes pleasuring your most special parts. When you want to show encouragement to another you can have your pecker peek out to see what's up. For sure commando is the only way to fly.  

I know what my mother would say about swinging free and loose with your privates. Shocked Baby GIF

Spoiler

(I am entirely joking, I personally have nothing against commando, as a woman I like to wear underwear)

Edited by Krista
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

My bedroom is much colder in winter than the rest of my home,  I often go commando under my sleep pants.  The freedom is great, but so is the warmth from the sleep pants without being confining.

• Like 2

I am learning a lot about you people. :unsure: Please, don't be shy!

I've heard that "Nothing comes between me and my Calvins" via Brooke Shields. So, going commando is not just for the dudes.:gikkle:

• Haha 5
16 hours ago, Krista said:

I know what my mother would say about swinging free and loose with your privates. Shocked Baby GIF

Hide contents

(I am entirely joking, I personally have nothing against commando, as a woman I like to wear underwear)

Well that explains it - No disrespect for your girl parts but for a gay guy there are lots of pluses to commando. I now see your point of view and appreciate that you can see mine.

While women are often squeamish about the thought of people not wearing underpants, guys often find it a lot more comfortable.  I vary the style (or existence) of underwear according to circumstances.  Even in a lightweight summer wool suit, a T-shirt and underpants are essential to keeping cool—not to mention saving on the drycleaning bills.  And in the winter where I live, extra layers are often a good idea.  In summer, I'd go nude all the time, if I could get away with it.

When I do wear underpants (I normally have no need for a T-shirt, since I'm usually wearing one as outerwear), I vary these days between boxers and boxer briefs.  I generally use the fly, because it's more efficient than having to dig inside my trousers to find the top of the underpants.  Some guys pull down their trousers and underpants at the urinal, but that's too complicated for me.

I also find that if one wishes the benefits of freeballing without staining one's trousers, a pair of very loose boxers is a tolerable compromise.  I used to wear tight bikini-style briefs, until I contracted a massive, systemic case of poison ivy; for years after that, I had to wear loose boxers, and eventually I came to prefer them, for the most part.

• Like 3