Open Club  ·  74 members  ·  Free

C James Fan Club

For The Love

What's that??? I have noticed a secret forum of Anthology. I thought it was your haven of goats where you conspired about overtaking the human world! :P Would you please shed some light on this issue? (If it's supposed to be secret or confidential, just ignore these ramblings)

I should probably post an answer to this somewhere other than here, but I'll do that later, lol...

That is the anthology work forum. What we do for the anthology is create the first posts of the threads so that we can link the HTML story pages to them. Then, when the anthology goes online, we move the threads into place. We mainly need a place to store the threads, so that's what that's for. Also any review notes, etc, plus if the reviewer wants to add his posts to the threads while in that forum, he can.

So, no, we goats don't conspire there. We do that elsewhere. :sheep:

Conner, you're not a goat! You're too intelligent and nice to be one. :P

:o But, but, but... I'm nice! And sorta intelugent? :sheep: I'm a nice, quiet, shy forum lurker... :ph34r:

I don't know if this is supposed to be a compliment. ;)

To whom? LoL.

More world news on our goat family.

ROFL! Well, It stands to reason... If there's a back sheep of the family, there's gotta be a white one... :sheep:

Relax, Ieshwar. Bondwriter is just pulling your chain. He's good at that. :P Futhermore, he has no bias as to whose chain he'll pull. He's an equal opportunity chainpuller. Ok, I'm beating a dead horse now. :lol:

By the way, shush about that pic, CJ doesn't know about it and I want to keep it that way. :ph34r:

Conner

I saw it! :P

BTW, Chapter 31, Six Feet Under, is up. :sheep:

• Site Administrator

I enjoyed this chapter a lot :) The technical detail was well done without being overbearing -- nicely judged, CJ! I don't think anyone will be overly surprised about what they found on the other side of the wall, but I'm a little surprised with the bricks. They sound more like paving stones than bricks. I suspect it's your typical penny-pinching criminal organisation that won't spend the money on the decent stuff. My only question is did they learnt that from government, or did government learn it from them?

The story appears to be heading for the big climax (not that sort of climax, Conner. I mean a dramatic conclusion). Keep up the momentum, CJ -- it's building nicely :D

I enjoyed this chapter a lot :) The technical detail was well done without being overbearing -- nicely judged, CJ! I don't think anyone will be overly surprised about what they found on the other side of the wall, but I'm a little surprised with the bricks. They sound more like paving stones than bricks. I suspect it's your typical penny-pinching criminal organisation that won't spend the money on the decent stuff. My only question is did they learnt that from government, or did government learn it from them?

The story appears to be heading for the big climax (not that sort of climax, Conner. I mean a dramatic conclusion). Keep up the momentum, CJ -- it's building nicely :D

Thanks Graeme!!

I did try and balance the tech stuff, and only divulge what was needed.

As for the big climax (the dramatic conclusion type, Conner... :P ) all I can say is; the genre is action-adventure. :devil:

My best guess at the moment is that the final chapter (posted along with the epilogue) will be 39. Of course, I'm the same goat who said that FTL would have 25 chapters... :*)

• Site Administrator
My best guess at the moment is that the final chapter (posted along with the epilogue) will be 39. Of course, I'm the same goat who said that FTL would have 25 chapters... :*)

39! :blink: In that case there's a lot to go. Let's see, what can do blond guys in love, with homicidal maniacs after them, do for another eight chapters?

Options:

1. Go off surfing for seven chapters... Hmm... not likely.

2. Decide to investigate that missing webserver, since Dex so kindly reminded them of the fact.... Nah... Even they aren't that stupid.

3. Stumble over evidence about the missing webserver, or have someone from the organisation that managed it start to chase them. Now that's more likely....

4. Have a couple of birthday parties! Yep -- that'll fill in a couple of chapters nicely.

5. Fail to get to Hawaii in the first place because they're carjacked on the way to the airport. This one requires that they take Steve's charger to the airport -- which is easily recognised and allows the bad guys ample time to prepare an ambush. This one I can see as a distinct possibility. Especially if the Peidmont sheriff is on the run at the time.

6. The Rev. Thaddeus decides to take his annual holiday in Hawaii and ends up on the same place as the two boys. Not sure where this would go, but it guarantees fireworks....

7. The GPS locator reveals that the box is headed to Hawaii on the same plane as the boys.... Coincidence? I think not....

I think that's enough for now. Time for someone else to add to the list.

Thanks Graeme!!

I did try and balance the tech stuff, and only divulge what was needed.

As for the big climax (the dramatic conclusion type, Conner... :P ) all I can say is; the genre is action-adventure. :devil:

The tech stuff went right over my head. The only thing I got right away was why Dex turned the LCD monitor upside down. That happened just in the nick of time, too, as I was trying to picture the monitor with its upside down view in my head. My brain started to overload. :wacko:

I did understand drilling through the brick. :great:

So we got a closer look at Dex in that chapter. I enjoyed that. He's a critical character to the storyline but doesn't get much 'air' time. I'm glad that Chris conveyed some of his facial expressions to us. I liked the way Dex kept saying, "Well, I do a lot of security in my work and..." The MacGyver comment was hilarious. :lmao: Actually, I'm just getting another picture in my head...it's a younger CJ watching MacGyver episodes and then heading off to his engineering lab to check out the solution. :great:

Of course there'll be a big climax! I wouldn't accept anything less. 0:)B)

Back to Dex...he pretty much set the stage for fireworks in Hawaii with the questions he put to Chris and Steve. Can't wait.

I was going to suggest roasting a pig on the beach for Graeme's list but that's too reminisent of Eric's cookout for the guys. :(

Thanks, CJ.

Conner

39! :blink: In that case there's a lot to go. Let's see, what can do blond guys in love, with homicidal maniacs after them, do for another eight chapters?

Options:

2. Decide to investigate that missing webserver, since Dex so kindly reminded them of the fact.... Nah... Even they aren't that stupid.

3. Stumble over evidence about the missing webserver, or have someone from the organisation that managed it start to chase them. Now that's more likely....

4. Have a couple of birthday parties! Yep -- that'll fill in a couple of chapters nicely.

5. Fail to get to Hawaii in the first place because they're carjacked on the way to the airport. This one requires that they take Steve's charger to the airport -- which is easily recognised and allows the bad guys ample time to prepare an ambush. This one I can see as a distinct possibility. Especially if the Peidmont sheriff is on the run at the time.

6. The Rev. Thaddeus decides to take his annual holiday in Hawaii and ends up on the same place as the two boys. Not sure where this would go, but it guarantees fireworks....

7. The GPS locator reveals that the box is headed to Hawaii on the same plane as the boys.... Coincidence? I think not....

First, I think the following will happen:

1. The boys will miss their plane to Hawaii.

2. They will find a semi-seedy hotel room on Van Buren to "wait" until the next flight.

3. Steve will be inspired to touch-up Chris's blond hair colour (Spelling in honour of Graeme).

4. They hear noises in the next room and recognize the voice of Thaddeus and two other males groaning.

Then you can take it from there with the other suggestions.

Good technical chapter. Ready for a little 'Aloha' time.

Jack B)

Good chapter, CJ! The technical part of the story was a liitle bit confusing for me (but after re-reading it I got it) and I managed to get the general idea. Dex is really a genius! So they're going to Hawaii... Hope that in next chapters, we see lots of Hawaiian hots guys :D I think that once again, you're going to put these two innocent guys in problem and have them meet the one responsible for these web server thingy.

Waiting for more.

Ieshwar

P.S- Convey my love to the very pretty and cute Snowflake. She's soooo sweet! :)

Very good chapter CJ, i had a bad day at work today, they had me work 13 hours, and i didn't even get paid for 4 of them, i love my job a little too much lol, anyway afer that long day of work, reading 31 was like a present sent from above, thanks for the great chapter.

I'm very exited to see what they do in hawaii and how it goes for them. Plus too i kind of want to read how you talk about the place etc etc lol

Off to bed, keep up the great work man.

-LC

Edited by L0st Cause
BTW, there are at least four villains in the story; we mustn't forget Blackheart, the eeevil hacker. :devil:

Yes, but only three are in human form. I am beginning to suspect that Blackheart is really AI-based web syder!

I enjoyed this chapter a lot :) The technical detail was well done without being overbearing -- nicely judged, CJ!
The tech stuff went right over my head.
Good chapter, CJ! The technical part of the story was a liitle bit confusing for me ...

I'm gonna go read the chapter again. I can't remember what anything 'technical' -- but then, I spend my time at work 'head down' in a server...

By 'technical part', I meant the part where Dex drills in and does things so as to know what is behind the wall.

Same here as for the good balance. I really like the way this is moving, since now we know Thaddeus smuggles more or less legal goods. As I read every single word, as stated in the contract that yields all these nice dollars on my C.I. account, I was like "OK, so he uses a metal strip, a remote control and used gum to fix the wire... When does he actually explore the tunnel." But it goes rather fast, and added to my knowledge the day I want to set up a camera on a remote-controlled toy.

Remeber, Ieshwar, Emoe is a real-life version of Dex, so he's not surprised by this stuff.

Options:

I love this list!!! Thanks Graeme!!!

I;ll add a few options...

#8... The Piedmont Sheriff decided "all is forgiven" and throws a party for the guys.

#9... Hmmm, I better not say, or I'll get a lively dose of Echidna spines!

The tech stuff went right over my head. The only thing I got right away was why Dex turned the LCD monitor upside down. That happened just in the nick of time, too, as I was trying to picture the monitor with its upside down view in my head. My brain started to overload. :wacko:

I did understand drilling through the brick. :great:

So we got a closer look at Dex in that chapter. I enjoyed that. He's a critical character to the storyline but doesn't get much 'air' time. I'm glad that Chris conveyed some of his facial expressions to us. I liked the way Dex kept saying, "Well, I do a lot of security in my work and..." The MacGyver comment was hilarious. :lmao: Actually, I'm just getting another picture in my head...it's a younger CJ watching MacGyver episodes and then heading off to his engineering lab to check out the solution. :great:

Of course there'll be a big climax! I wouldn't accept anything less. 0:)B)

Back to Dex...he pretty much set the stage for fireworks in Hawaii with the questions he put to Chris and Steve. Can't wait.

I was going to suggest roasting a pig on the beach for Graeme's list but that's too reminisent of Eric's cookout for the guys. :(

Thanks, CJ.

Conner

Thanks Goat-buddy!!!

Oddly enough, I was never a "McGyver" fan, although I have a love of gadgetry and innovative solutions. I thoguht up Dex's solutions as I wrote, and had fun doing it. I did try to make sure they were actually workable, too.

Glad you enjoyed the look at Dex.

Thanks!

First, I think the following will happen:

1. The boys will miss their plane to Hawaii.

2. They will find a semi-seedy hotel room on Van Buren to "wait" until the next flight.

3. Steve will be inspired to touch-up Chris's blond hair colour (Spelling in honour of Graeme).

4. They hear noises in the next room and recognize the voice of Thaddeus and two other males groaning.

Then you can take it from there with the other suggestions.

Jack B)

ROFL!!! Thanks Jack!!!

And it sounds like you know Phoenix; Van Buren is kinda seedy, and near the airport.

Good chapter, CJ! The technical part of the story was a liitle bit confusing for me (but after re-reading it I got it) and I managed to get the general idea. Dex is really a genius! So they're going to Hawaii... Hope that in next chapters, we see lots of Hawaiian hots guys :D I think that once again, you're going to put these two innocent guys in problem and have them meet the one responsible for these web server thingy.

Waiting for more.

Ieshwar

Thanks Ieshwar!!

I haven't quite got the knack of writing technical stuff and making it clear. I'm working on it though.

As for the next chapter... I can't say what will happen, but, I can mention the title... Aloha Maui.

Of course, in Hawiian, "Aloha" means both hello and goodbye. 0:)

Very good chapter CJ, i had a bad day at work today, they had me work 13 hours, and i didn't even get paid for 4 of them, i love my job a little too much lol, anyway afer that long day of work, reading 31 was like a present sent from above, thanks for the great chapter.

I'm very exited to see what they do in hawaii and how it goes for them. Plus too i kind of want to read how you talk about the place etc etc lol

Off to bed, keep up the great work man.

-LC

Thanks LC!!! Sorry to hear about the 13 hours, and especially the unpaid bits! Ouch!!!

Yes, but only three are in human form. I am beginning to suspect that Blackheart is really AI-based web syder!

I'm gonna go read the chapter again. I can't remember what anything 'technical' -- but then, I spend my time at work 'head down' in a server...

Hrmmmm... Interesting theory about Blackheart... He could be an AI... :devil:

As for working in a server... I'm firmly convinced that servers require animal sacrifices and various incantations. :wacko:

Thanks Emoe!!!

Same here as for the good balance. I really like the way this is moving, since now we know Thaddeus smuggles more or less legal goods. As I read every single word, as stated in the contract that yields all these nice dollars on my C.I. account, I was like "OK, so he uses a metal strip, a remote control and used gum to fix the wire... When does he actually explore the tunnel." But it goes rather fast, and added to my knowledge the day I want to set up a camera on a remote-controlled toy.

Remeber, Ieshwar, Emoe is a real-life version of Dex, so he's not surprised by this stuff.

ROFL!!! Hi Bondwriter!!!

Yep, there is a lot of stuff in there... but I thought Emoe was a rea

By 'technical part', I meant the part where Dex drills in and does things so as to know what is behind the wall.

Ieshwar

Hi Ieshwar!

I'll post some links to the actual hardware he uses if anyone is interested??

The Mini GPS tracker

Here is the boroscope.

If anyone would like links to any of the other gadgets, let me know and I'll post 'em. :-)

Thanks everyone!!

CJ

• Site Administrator
As for working in a server... I'm firmly convinced that servers require animal sacrifices and various incantations. :wacko:

My understanding is that goat sacrifices are the most effective, but that's only hearsay.... :devil:

Why is it about humans, whenever they gather, that causes them to want to cook animal flesh? :angry:

It strikes me that human evolution got stuck in the mezo- something or other period.

In any event, human history is clear on the fact that human female virgins made the best sacrifices. The fact that female virgins are in short supply is no concern of mine. :P

Conner

• Site Administrator
In any event, human history is clear on the fact that human female virgins made the best sacrifices. The fact that female virgins are in short supply is no concern of mine. :P

You're right, but CJ made it quite clear that he believes servers need animal sacrifices, not human. :P You can blame him for this conversation.

My understanding is that goat sacrifices are the most effective, but that's only hearsay.... :devil:

:o

I'd prefer not to find out...

Not only hearsay, there's an amount of serious literature documenting this as fact. Too few people know it.

Hey now! I've seen no such literature... Emoe, Heeeelp!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Why is it about humans, whenever they gather, that causes them to want to cook animal flesh? :angry:

It strikes me that human evolution got stuck in the mezo- something or other period.

Thank you, Conner!!! :sheep:

You're right, but CJ made it quite clear that he believes servers need animal sacrifices, not human. :P You can blame him for this conversation.

ACk!!!!!! No, no, I, um, misspoke... I really don't want to be sacrificed to placate an angry server... :ph34r:

BTW, I have a question... Does anyone think it odd that Eric hasn't been heard from at all since the Piedmont incident? Could he have mended his ways? And where is he staying? And does he have a broken nose?

• Site Administrator
BTW, I have a question... Does anyone think it odd that Eric hasn't been heard from at all since the Piedmont incident? Could he have mended his ways? And where is he staying? And does he have a broken nose?

I don't think it's odd at all. Since this is a first person narrative from Chris's point of view, unless Chris hears of it, it won't appear in the story. How would Chris hear much detail about what's happening in the household of Piedmont's sheriff (which is where I'm presuming that Eric is staying -- the other possibility is he's staying with Thaddeus, but I suspect that's probably too risky).

Has he mended his ways? Is that an acknowledgment that he needs to mend his ways? After all this time, is CJ finally acknowledging that Eric isn't a well-meaning, pure soul?

I've already mentioned where I think he's staying. If he's with Thaddeus, I can see two major possibilities -- that was the only "safe house" for him after the sheriff's house was... er... renovated OR that the sheriff has washed his hands of Eric and Thaddeus has been forced to look after him.

Does he have a broken nose? Does anyone (apart from Eric) care? :P

I don't think it's odd at all. Since this is a first person narrative from Chris's point of view, unless Chris hears of it, it won't appear in the story. How would Chris hear much detail about what's happening in the household of Piedmont's sheriff (which is where I'm presuming that Eric is staying -- the other possibility is he's staying with Thaddeus, but I suspect that's probably too risky).

Has he mended his ways? Is that an acknowledgment that he needs to mend his ways? After all this time, is CJ finally acknowledging that Eric isn't a well-meaning, pure soul?

I've already mentioned where I think he's staying. If he's with Thaddeus, I can see two major possibilities -- that was the only "safe house" for him after the sheriff's house was... er... renovated OR that the sheriff has washed his hands of Eric and Thaddeus has been forced to look after him.

Does he have a broken nose? Does anyone (apart from Eric) care? :P

Ahhh, well, No, it isn't quite an acknowledgement that he needs to mend his ways... But I do admit that Eric has a few foibles.. Nobody's perfect, after all... I mean, yes, he did try and torture his brother and Chris to death, but everybody has a bad day on occasion... And he did set Chris up for a one-way trip to Piedmont with that snatch attempt at the bookstore, but he had his reasons, I'm sure... But I do stand vindicated in one respect; back when everyone was down on Eric for the blackmail, I did say that it was no big deal... I think that more recent events have proven me right... 0:)

And I'm shocked, shocked I tell you, that no one seems to be concerned over the condition of Eric's nose. This lack of interest is making me seriously reconsider my plans for devoting an entire upcoming chapter to the repair of said proboscis. 0:)

(You were wondering what I'd find to fill in the remaining chapters.. :P )

Does anyone think it odd good that Eric hasn't been heard from at all since the Piedmont incident?

No news, good news!

He tried to KILL Chris and Steve! I will never forgive him for this!! I agree that he's not Steve brother but this doesn't explain his barbaric actions.

Ieshwar

No news, good news!

He tried to KILL Chris and Steve! I will never forgive him for this!! I agree that he's not Steve brother but this doesn't explain his barbaric actions.

Ieshwar

Well, yes, he did try and torture them to death, and Steve being only his half-brother probably isn't a good enough excuse, but at least he was polite about it (He told them to have a nice day). :)

BTW, no cries of outrage that the planned trip to Hawaii is being paid for by looting Eric's college fund? :)

And I'm shocked, shocked I tell you, that no one seems to be concerned over the condition of Eric's nose. This lack of interest is making me seriously reconsider my plans for devoting an entire upcoming chapter to the repair of said proboscis.

BTW, no cries of outrage that the planned trip to Hawaii is being paid for by looting Eric's college fund?

If you really want to get readers to pity the little pile of faeces, have him tortured by the Piedmont Sheriff and his goons in a melodramatic scene in which we might feel a slight positive feeling for a few seconds before he surrenders his last breath. As for the college fund, it could have been put to better use buying some ammos & explosives to blow up Thaddeus' lair.

• Site Administrator
BTW, no cries of outrage that the planned trip to Hawaii is being paid for by looting Eric's college fund? :)

College funds are something we don't have here in Australia, though the cost of higher education is increasing and I think we'll have to start considering them.

Anyway, I see no reason for Eric to go to college. He obviously has an extensive education already, with what appears to be a detailed career path set out ahead of him. Why would he need to go to college? This makes it quite reasonable for Mr. Williams to use that money to send Chris and Steve away for a birthday holiday. Given that CJ thinks Eric is a kind and considerate brother (or half-brother) to Steve, I'm sure CJ would think that Eric would be happy for Mr. Williams to use the money for this purpose.

If you really want to get readers to pity the little pile of faeces, have him tortured by the Piedmont Sheriff and his goons in a melodramatic scene in which we might feel a slight positive feeling for a few seconds before he surrenders his last breath. As for the college fund, it could have been put to better use buying some ammos & explosives to blow up Thaddeus' lair.

Hrmmm, here I try and write a sweet, lovable (if slightly precocious) character (Eric) and you don't like him? :o

College funds are something we don't have here in Australia, though the cost of higher education is increasing and I think we'll have to start considering them.

Anyway, I see no reason for Eric to go to college. He obviously has an extensive education already, with what appears to be a detailed career path set out ahead of him. Why would he need to go to college? This makes it quite reasonable for Mr. Williams to use that money to send Chris and Steve away for a birthday holiday. Given that CJ thinks Eric is a kind and considerate brother (or half-brother) to Steve, I'm sure CJ would think that Eric would be happy for Mr. Williams to use the money for this purpose.

Ahhh... Well, Eric being the good-natured soul that he is, I suppose he might approve? But, he does have a fondness for money, which, er, might give him some internal conflicts?

BTW, there is a clue to Eric's whereabouts in "Six Feet Under". :devil:

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..