Open Club  ·  74 members  ·  Free

C James Fan Club

For The Love

There's one thing Eric's college fund would have been more helpful with: paying for Steve's tuition since he and Chris lack money to go to college.

The tunnel opened up into a large room with a set of stairs to the left, a closed door on the far end, stacks of boxes and an old cot bed to the right.

Who could possibly sleep in a dark, damp room underground but shady, criminal mastermind and spawn of the devil Eric?

CJ seems oddly quiet, doesn't he? He didn't say anything about the revelation made by Bondwriter! Wonder if Francois hasn't hit the nail directly on the head...

Ieshwar

CJ seems oddly quiet, doesn't he? He didn't say anything about the revelation made by Bondwriter! Wonder if Francois hasn't hit the nail directly on the head...

Ieshwar

This only proves CJ's a lurker here, :ph34r:

Conner

There's one thing Eric's college fund would have been more helpful with: paying for Steve's tuition since he and Chris lack money to go to college.

Who could possibly sleep in a dark, damp room underground but shady, criminal mastermind and spawn of the devil Eric?

I'm picking up some vibes here... You don't like Eric much, do you? 0:)

Ieshwar

Heh, either he has, or he hasn't.. 0:)

Sorry, but out of fear of becoming a pincushion (the Echidna hates spoilers) I can't comment in speculation or predictions directly. I love reading them, and I usually try and dig up and highlight accurate ones after the chapter posts (and If I fail, post 'em yourself for some :worship: ).

This only proves CJ's a lurker here, :ph34r:

Conner

Thank you Conner!!! :wub:

Gotta love Betty. :P

She's one of my favorites too.

I have a question I'd love some feedback on: does anyone have an opinion on where she comes from? I didn't state it in the text, just the feel of it, and I wanted to see if it worked at all. Thanks!

coming late to the party... as usual... But I do have some pertinant info on server sacrafices.

Depending on the servers country of origin adiquite sacrafices may very.

European or Anglo-American originated servers work best with an animal sacrafice. There is some debate over weather a goat or bull makes a better sacrafice.

Of course the caviate to this is if the server predates roman occupation, whereas European servers are best appriciated with a Human sacrafice. Preferably someone of purity and courage.

Servers originating in Southern-America are best suited to Human sacrafice of epic proportions, more over the sacarafices must be made with an obsidion Knife while the sacraficee is bent backwards over the recieveing server. Obsidion unavailible Sacrafice may be rendered en mass with small pox and yellow fever.

These guideline are only in place for the occasionaly tempremental Unix and Apple servers. Windows is a whole different ball game requiring all blood all the time.

I dunno, I read betty and I think Metropolitan. Be it New York New Jersey Los Angeles or San Francisco. She just seems too dont get involved... which is prevelant in major urban areas.

and isnt eric at the Jr republicans summer camp??

Remeber, Ieshwar, Emoe is a real-life version of Dex, so he's not surprised by this stuff.[/size][/font]

Sure, why not?!? What's another character in CJ's story based off me gonna do - deplete my soul? :o

I dunno, I read betty and I think Metropolitan. Be it New York New Jersey Los Angeles or San Francisco. She just seems too dont get involved... which is prevelant in major urban areas.

I got pretty much the same impression. She was from some large city with gay ghetto. Here's my guess on the back-story:

Betty was raised in small-town America and got her first taste of big-city living when she left home for college. In her junior year, she fell hard for her best friend's roommate so they traded around and set up house in the dorm. They held it together for a few years out of college before it all hit the fan. After a messy break-up where she lost her share of the bookstore in The City, she retreated back to small-town America to lick her wounds and eventually opened a bookstore of her own.

I got pretty much the same impression. She was from some large city with gay ghetto. Here's my guess on the back-story:

Betty was raised in small-town America and got her first taste of big-city living when she left home for college. In her junior year, she fell hard for her best friend's roommate so they traded around and set up house in the dorm. They held it together for a few years out of college before it all hit the fan. After a messy break-up where she lost her share of the bookstore in The City, she retreated back to small-town America to lick her wounds and eventually opened a bookstore of her own.

:o now I feel sorry for Betty!

coming late to the party... as usual... But I do have some pertinant info on server sacrafices.

Well, yes, of course you would... I'm sure you know the ins and outs, and especially the ins, of servers. :P

Tsk, Tsk, hackers... :P

Depending on the servers country of origin adiquite sacrafices may very.

European or Anglo-American originated servers work best with an animal sacrafice. There is some debate over weather a goat or bull makes a better sacrafice.

Of course the caviate to this is if the server predates roman occupation, whereas European servers are best appriciated with a Human sacrafice. Preferably someone of purity and courage.

Servers originating in Southern-America are best suited to Human sacrafice of epic proportions, more over the sacarafices must be made with an obsidion Knife while the sacraficee is bent backwards over the recieveing server. Obsidion unavailible Sacrafice may be rendered en mass with small pox and yellow fever.

These guideline are only in place for the occasionaly tempremental Unix and Apple servers. Windows is a whole different ball game requiring all blood all the time.

Goats!?!?!?? :o

But, ROFL, that was great!!!!

Sure, why not?!? What's another character in CJ's story based off me gonna do - deplete my soul? :o

Emoe... Are you admitting that Thaddeus is like you? :P

And now I'm being accused of soul-stealing... What is a poor, innocent goat to do? :sheep:

That's darn near spot-on, and Emoe has never seen my notes... Way to go, Emoe!!!

:o now I feel sorry for Betty!

You should... she's gruf, but has a good heart. :)

OK, there were only a few very tiny clues in her speech patterns (probably not done too well by me), but she's supposed to be from Jersey. :)

Now, I have a little epilogue idea I want to bounce off y'all... I think it's pretty powerful, and uses a few neat literary devices.

Rubbing hard, he polished the Charger's chrome bumper, taking great care to remove every smudge from the classic chrome; he wanted his car to shine. Walking to the back of his classic car, shirt off and the warm desert sun on his back, he looked at faint marks, all that remained of the bullet holes now that the repairs were completed. He gave the trunk lid a loving pat, thinking of the suitcase stuffed with cash that it contained, his one reward for surviving that dreadful day.

That final fiery showdown had nearly been the end for him, and he was thankful for his life. He knew, though, that killing his own brother, in spite of all his brother had done against him, would haunt him more than he cared to admit. Consoling himself that he'd had little choice, he used gentle strokes to clear some tar off the burnt-orange paint, a small smile breaking across his face with the knowledge that his brother at least hadn't had to die alone; the pair had died together, and he suspected that's what they would have wanted.

With a few last swipes of a chamois, Eric cleaned the last water spots from the window of the Charger, before firing up the big V-8 and heading off into the sunset.

0:)

:lmao::lmao::lmao:

FOR GOAT EYES ONLY

While I see some justice in this outcome, I have been informed by the GIA (Goat Intelligence Agency) that there has been considerable unrest amongst your readers for the last few weeks and it seems to be growing. While no formal infrastructure has formed as yet, GIA has upgraded this situation to "powder keg". I advise extreme caution.

As you know, human behaviour is totally unpredictable...especially Americans. Once, when they got really mad, they dumped perfectly good tea into the ocean. Can you believe that?

My only real regret will be no more pool parties.

• Site Administrator

I'm afraid it won't work on technical grounds.

This is a first person point of view story, with that person being Chris. To change to a third person point of view in an epilogue would seriously degrade the overall quality and impact of the story. No, if you do an epilogue, in the interests of keeping up the top quality writing, you need to keep it as being from Chris's point of view.

Hey C James,

I just came now to read your last 4 chapters (I couldnt till now because PC problems, see my blog). Just the right thriller to read it through!

Just 2 comments (nothing to do with all these teasers :P ) :

1. Which character resembles the most to you ? I guess it should be Dex ! He is intelligent, rational, not too expansive; he has always a solution ready for helping his friends. What do you think ?

2. Why Hawa

Now, I have a little epilogue idea I want to bounce off y'all... I think it's pretty powerful, and uses a few neat literary devices.

Rubbing hard, he polished the Charger's chrome bumper, taking great care to remove every smudge from the classic chrome; he wanted his car to shine. Walking to the back of his classic car, shirt off and the warm desert sun on his back, he looked at faint marks, all that remained of the bullet holes now that the repairs were completed. He gave the trunk lid a loving pat, thinking of the suitcase stuffed with cash that it contained, his one reward for surviving that dreadful day.

That final fiery showdown had nearly been the end for him, and he was thankful for his life. He knew, though, that killing his own brother, in spite of all his brother had done against him, would haunt him more than he cared to admit. Consoling himself that he'd had little choice, he used gentle strokes to clear some tar off the burnt-orange paint, a small smile breaking across his face with the knowledge that his brother at least hadn't had to die alone; the pair had died together, and he suspected that's what they would have wanted.

With a few last swipes of a chamois, Eric cleaned the last water spots from the window of the Charger, before firing up the big V-8 and heading off into the sunset.

0:)

Ok it is not nice at ALL to give a 19 year old a heart attack.... I mean shessh, as i was reading this i choked on my ice tea....

So evil...... Now i see where Eric gets it from.....

./Growl

:lmao::lmao::lmao:

FOR GOAT EYES ONLY

While I see some justice in this outcome, I have been informed by the GIA (Goat Intelligence Agency) that there has been considerable unrest amongst your readers for the last few weeks and it seems to be growing. While no formal infrastructure has formed as yet, GIA has upgraded this situation to "powder keg". I advise extreme caution.

As you know, human behaviour is totally unpredictable...especially Americans. Once, when they got really mad, they dumped perfectly good tea into the ocean. Can you believe that?

My only real regret will be no more pool parties.

And how do you know that Eric doesn't like pool parties? :blink: Maybe he does? :devil:

And this way, we could have a sequel featuring Eric and the Charger.. :)

Hrmmm, this ending seems even less popular then the one where I had Chris and Steve in the Charger, doing a Thelma and Loise into the Grand Canyon...

This is a first person point of view story, with that person being Chris. To change to a third person point of view in an epilogue would seriously degrade the overall quality and impact of the story. No, if you do an epilogue, in the interests of keeping up the top quality writing, you need to keep it as being from Chris's point of view.

Oh, I dunno... I've heard that you can chage PoV for prologues and epiloges... Or would it really be better to have Chris' ghost as the narrator?

NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! LOL

Do i take it that you don't like this ending? 0:)

Hey C James,

I just came now to read your last 4 chapters (I couldnt till now because PC problems, see my blog). Just the right thriller to read it through!

Just 2 comments (nothing to do with all these teasers :P ) :

1. Which character resembles the most to you ? I guess it should be Dex ! He is intelligent, rational, not too expansive; he has always a solution ready for helping his friends. What do you think ?

2. Why Hawa

Sure, why not?!? What's another character in CJ's story based off me gonna do - deplete my soul?
Emoe... Are you admitting that Thaddeus is like you? :P

And now I'm being accused of soul-stealing... What is a poor, innocent goat to do? :sheep:

Nothing in my post indicated that I am like Thaddeus!

That's darn near spot-on, and Emoe has never seen my notes... Way to go, Emoe!!!

You should... she's gruf, but has a good heart. :)

OK, there were only a few very tiny clues in her speech patterns (probably not done too well by me), but she's supposed to be from Jersey. :)

They've got small towns in Jersey?!? The thought the whole state was a suburb of New York City! :thumbup:

I can see it now...

Epilogue

* * * . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . * * *

* * * . Here lies Chris and Steve . * * *

* * * . . Lovers - never parted . . * * *

* * * . . . . .They did it. . . . . * * *

* * * . . . . For The Love! . . . . * * *

First off Emoe :worship::wub::worship:

Then...

So let me get this straight,

Cj stubbing his toe.

Cj having to fix erant clogged fuel lines on the road.

Misquitos.

Making people think.

GLOBAL WARMING (fav so far :P )

Mysterious, questionable FTL epilogue (so basically the psuedo-death of Chris & Steve)

Is there anything I have missed being blamed for??

:P

Steve

First off Emoe :worship::wub::worship:

Then...

Cj stubbing his toe.

Misquitos.

Making people think.

Mysterious, questionable FTL epilogue (so basically the psuedo-death of Chris & Steve)

Steve

Yes i also blame you for doing such a wonderful job beta reading, and making us wait!!!

So that makes no sense at all but i don't care!!! lalalalalalalalala

-LC

Hey! What's going on? This thread is going to hell in a hand's basket, or has become a meeting place for Villains Anonymous! What's all this renewed interest in killing the good guys? I hope the final chapter sees Thaddeus being skinned alive, Eric boiled in oil (yeah, fried if you want, but start with cold oil and heat it up slowly), and Sheriff Johnson staked next to a ant hill with honey in his nostrils.

Hey! What's going on? This thread is going to hell in a hand's basket, or has become a meeting place for Villains Anonymous! What's all this renewed interest in killing the good guys? I hope the final chapter sees Thaddeus being skinned alive, Eric boiled in oil (yeah, fried if you want, but start with cold oil and heat it up slowly), and Sheriff Johnson staked next to a ant hill with honey in his nostrils.

what ever happened to a series of paper cuts and leaving in a room full of rats??

Nothing in my post indicated that I am like Thaddeus!

"Sure, why not?!? What's another character in CJ's story based off me gonna do - deplete my soul? ohmy.gif

:P:P :P :P

I can see it now...

Epilogue

* * * . Here lies Chris and Steve . * * *

* * * . . Lovers - never parted . . * * *

* * * . . . . .They did it. . . . . * * *

* * * . . . . For The Love! . . . . * * *

Well, Emoe came up with the title, so I suppose we should let him have his way with the Epilogue too? 0:)

Cj stubbing his toe.

Misquitos.

Making people think.

Steve

Well, yes, everything! We decided that you were to blame for everything, anywhere, anywhen, so that makes the sinking of the Titanic your fault, the hurricane season of 2005, the crash of the Hindenburg, WW1, and, well, everything! :P

Yes i also blame you for doing such a wonderful job beta reading, and making us wait!!!

So that makes no sense at all but i don't care!!! lalalalalalalalala

-LC

Chapter 32 should be up in an hour... I'm just foing the formatting now. :)

Oh, and BTW, one other thing to blame Shadowgod for; he won't send me the beta for FTL 34. Nw, I predict he'll try and weasil out of this by claiming that I haven't sent it yet (which is technically correct, I'm not done writing it) but it's really no excuse. :devil:

I'm beginning to think that you don't like Eric much? :o

The renewed interest in killing the good guys? Why, that's Shadowgod's fault, of course...

what ever happened to a series of paper cuts and leaving in a room full of rats??

Hrmmm, would that mean I'd have to have him say "Rats! Foiled again..." ?

I personally prefer the method involving a cucumber, a mouse and a pair of tweezers.

???? Ummm, I'm not familier with that one... And I'm betting I don't want to know?

• Site Administrator
Well, Emoe came up with the title, so I suppose we should let him have his way with the Epilogue too? 0:)

I don't have a problem with that. The only thing that's missing is the date on the tombstone -- which shows they died at the age of 102, when Steve lost control of the charger and ran off a cliff... 0:)

I don't have a problem with that. The only thing that's missing is the date on the tombstone -- which shows they died at the age of 102, when Steve lost control of the charger and ran off a cliff... 0:)

ROFL! That's true, he didn't put a date on there...

BTW, FTL 32, Aloha, Maui, is up. :music:

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..