Open Club  ·  74 members  ·  Free

C James Fan Club

For The Love

If a goat can stand on a stick, I'm willing to believe it may type on a keyboard.

CJ's done a pretty good job so far. :P

Okay, we need to have some sort of a pool. When will CJ hit 4,000 posts? I'm off to Chicago for some R & R...so I may not be around when that milestone is reached. However, my guess is sometime early evening (PDT) on Tuesday, July 17, 2007. The problem is I can't think of a good way to collect and reward the winner.

Jack B)

• Site Moderator
If a goat can stand on a stick, I'm willing to believe it may type on a keyboard.

I had no doubt after reading the chapter that Blackheart was dead. The evil guy never dying is a clich

CJ's done a pretty good job so far. :P

Okay, we need to have some sort of a pool. When will CJ hit 4,000 posts? I'm off to Chicago for some R & R...so I may not be around when that milestone is reached. However, my guess is sometime early evening (PDT) on Tuesday, July 17, 2007. The problem is I can't think of a good way to collect and reward the winner.

Jack B)

Jack,

I think your stories are GREAT :2thumbs: but when I comes to guessing the time our infamous lurker will hit the big 4K, I think you are way off. My vote is between late evening Friday night (EDT). :read:

~E

• Site Administrator

I'm going for late afternoon, Monday 16th July, PDT. My logic is that (at the time of this post) he's only 56 posts away, and there are 22 stories in the anthology that's due out on the 15th. He can be expected to post a comment on most, if not all, of these, so there's over a third of the posts there. Given his normal posting rate, he should make up the rest of the posts required easily. The only reason I'm not guessing the 15th is because he says the weekends are his busy time for work, so he may not get around to all the anthology entries until the Monday. :P He can also be almost guaranteed to post at least three times (I'm being very conservative here) in the thread for his own story :D

I hope you all realize that your "estimates" will only encourage CJ to make sure you're all wrong. If anything, goats can be stubborn; mind you, not as bad as humans. :lol:

Taking bets, Jack? :o I'm shocked.

Conner

:o the juvienial statement was directed at me!

But I retract and aim said statement at you now... because I can!

seriously though, whether Blackheart (who Im strangely attatched too now...) lives are dies this story is still one helluva ride and I've enjoyed every second of it. :):2thumbs:

Thanks Steve! And thank you VERY much for all the work you have done, both on FTL and helping me as a writer. You're the best Anonymous Beta Reader ever! :wub: If you keep this up, I might even, eventually, stop insisting that you remain anonymous. :worship:

Seriously everyone, FTL is a team effort. Emoe, Shadowgod, Bondwriter, and Captain Rick have played a huge, huge role, and so too have all of you in this thread, and the commenters in eFic, and via PM and e-mail. Thanks!!

I'd also like to add special thanks To Graeme, for his guidance and support. :wub:

HEY! HEY! Easy on the namesake there...

Given that there were "racks of computers" and they were easy to tip over, I perfer to believe that Blackheart had them properly mounted into those racks. Given the deminsions and weight, these can be easily toppled if not properly anchored. Here's a link to an example:

As you can see, it would be easy to grab the edge and heave!

Hi Emoe!!

Yep, Easy enough to tip over. I'm sure that isn't good for 'em, either. :)

5634-1-489564.jpg

Cj :devil: , you could always join your cousin in the Indian Circus while these guys simmer down... :lmao:

ROFL! Yes, that looks like a mountain goat; they have far better balance than I...

Bondwriter wrote:

I had no doubt after reading the chapter that Blackheart was dead. The evil guy never dying is a clich

I'm going for late afternoon, Monday 16th July, PDT. My logic is that (at the time of this post) he's only 56 posts away, and there are 22 stories in the anthology that's due out on the 15th. He can be expected to post a comment on most, if not all, of these, so there's over a third of the posts there. Given his normal posting rate, he should make up the rest of the posts required easily. The only reason I'm not guessing the 15th is because he says the weekends are his busy time for work, so he may not get around to all the anthology entries until the Monday. :P He can also be almost guaranteed to post at least three times (I'm being very conservative here) in the thread for his own story :D

And unless the commenting writer opens the comment threads, CJames will, since I think Kitty did it earlier on So you have your 22 posts on the 15th. But I notice that once again quantity is being discussed. :devil:

CJ, Jan offered the alternative to the hooves, with the stick in the mouth. And I was thinking of some hi-tech device, like a vocal interface or a shift stick, but now I start believing in your ability to use your hooves, thanks to your Indian cousins.

• Site Administrator
And unless the commenting writer opens the comment threads, CJames will, since I think Kitty did it earlier on...

Since others already know, and it's posted in one of the blogs, I can state with assurance that CJ isn't doing the comments -- I am :D CJ has already created the threads, and I'll be added my comments on each story around the time the anthology goes live.

Keep an eye out for CJ's entry, though. It'll be worth your time... B)

Decrypt this message properly with the key provided to you by CJames News Magazine, and you have major spoilers about CJ's entry. If you have not subscribed yet, you may do so by transferring 1,000$ to my CI account. Exclusive goat erotica, vintage cars and guns.

OK, another spoiler:

CJ's anthology entry might not be entirely about goats.

And unless the commenting writer opens the comment threads, CJames will, since I think Kitty did it earlier on So you have your 22 posts on the 15th. But I notice that once again quantity is being discussed. :devil:

CJ, Jan offered the alternative to the hooves, with the stick in the mouth. And I was thinking of some hi-tech device, like a vocal interface or a shift stick, but now I start believing in your ability to use your hooves, thanks to your Indian cousins.

Jan's idea was a good one; I may have to gice that a try... As for a voice interface, wouldn't it be problematic if most of the words in my stories were "Naaaaa!"?

Since others already know, and it's posted in one of the blogs, I can state with assurance that CJ isn't doing the comments -- I am :D CJ has already created the threads, and I'll be added my comments on each story around the time the anthology goes live.

Thanks!! :*)

Actually, no, you are doing the reviews, while what I'm doing will be just regular thread comments. :P

And his reviews are GOOD... Trust me on this if nothing else. :2thumbs:

I've already created the threads, so those posts are, in fact, a big part of why I'm in peril of bumping up against 4k soon.

Decrypt this message properly with the key provided to you by CJames News Magazine, and you have major spoilers about CJ's entry. If you have not subscribed yet, you may do so by transferring 1,000$ to my CI account. Exclusive goat erotica, vintage cars and guns.

OK, another spoiler:

CJ's anthology entry might not be entirely about goats.

ACK SPOILERS!!!! Echidna? Oh Echidna... Here is a job for your anti-spoiler spines! :devil:

• Site Administrator
ACK SPOILERS!!!! Echidna? Oh Echidna... Here is a job for your anti-spoiler spines! :devil:

Already taken care of. I can now state that I have given one story a negative review for the anthology. :P

However, given Bondwriter's spoiler, I may need to make a change to my review of CJ's story. Bondwriter has raised something I hadn't considered when I did that original review. :D

Fifty feet underground, far from the blazing Arizonian sun, The Goat was at work. This was no ordinary Goat. Escaped from Area 51 in October 1970, it had supernatural powers allowing it to mind-control humans. Now hidden in its lair, it planned taking over Earth government by 2,666. So, six hundred and fifty-nine years to go. The first step was to take control of the Internet. Moderator, then administrator, then he'd be emperor of the gay community, and from there, thanks to the infamous Gay Agenda Conspiracy, the door would be opened wide to take the reins of the Earth.

"Baaa! Baaa!" The Goat bleated in the microphone. The cleverly designed hi-tech vocal interface it'd developed over two years translated the sounds to "Steve and I landed in Phoenix at three in the afternoon. Once we walked out of the terminal, we couldn't help being surprised by..."

(to be continued)

Fifty feet underground, far from the blazing Arizonian sun, The Goat was at work. This was no ordinary Goat. Escaped from Area 51 in October 1970, it had supernatural powers allowing it to mind-control humans. Now hidden in its lair, it planned taking over Earth government by 2,666. So, six hundred and fifty-nine years to go. The first step was to take control of the Internet. Moderator, then administrator, then he'd be emperor of the gay community, and from there, thanks to the infamous Gay Agenda Conspiracy, the door would be opened wide to take the reins of the Earth.

"Baaa! Baaa!" The Goat bleated in the microphone. The cleverly designed hi-tech vocal interface it'd developed over two years translated the sounds to "Steve and I landed in Phoenix at three in the afternoon. Once we walked out of the terminal, we couldn't help being surprised by..."

(to be continued)

"Once we walked out of the terminal, we couldn't help being surpised by..." The dark-glasses goat turned his head and glanced at his eVil sidekick the talking echidna. "Baaa, baa, baaaaa baa," he bleated.

"What do you mean? You really think those fools reading the forums might find us?" the Spiney-One said.

"Baaa, ney ney, baaaaaa."

"Don't be silly, of course the beta reading will be done on time, but it's not my fault you used our home location for the backdrop of the story. Crazy goats." the Spiney-One said. Shaking it's quills and shuffling off to the printer to check the latest chapter of the FTL...

OK, another spoiler: CJ's anthology entry might not be entirely about goats.

It's about

australian echidnas

too! :D (Sorry Graeme, couldn't resist)

Willing to believe I may type on a keyboard? Ummm, what would be the other options for how FTL gets written?

I know how CJ types stories. He got himself a few human slaves who painstakingly try to decipher his 'Baa Baaa' and write this marvellous the story. If anyone types in wrongly, he's blasted with those red lasers. Quite a motivation.

A tribute to all those matyrs! *lifts his glass of champagne*

Ieshwar

Already taken care of. I can now state that I have given one story a negative review for the anthology. :P

However, given Bondwriter's spoiler, I may need to make a change to my review of CJ's story. Bondwriter has raised something I hadn't considered when I did that original review. :D

But... But... But... How come Bondwriter isn't a pincushion by now!?!!?!??! :o

And changes? Uhoh....

(to be continued)

Sorry, Bondwriter, but there is one flaw in your recount... the great escape occurred in very late 1969. :lol:

Thanks, that was good! :2thumbs:

"Once we walked out of the terminal, we couldn't help being surpised by..." The dark-glasses goat turned his head and glanced at his eVil sidekick the talking echidna. "Baaa, baa, baaaaa baa," he bleated.

"What do you mean? You really think those fools reading the forums might find us?" the Spiney-One said.

"Baaa, ney ney, baaaaaa."

"Don't be silly, of course the beta reading will be done on time, but it's not my fault you used our home location for the backdrop of the story. Crazy goats." the Spiney-One said. Shaking it's quills and shuffling off to the printer to check the latest chapter of the FTL...

Hi Aillie!

I'm glad to see that I'm not the only one who thinks taking Echidnas are evil... Hmmm, however we know he types (a lot: he's a dedicated postaholic) , but can he talk? :cowboy:

It's about

australian echidnas

too! :D (Sorry Graeme, couldn't resist)

I know how CJ types stories. He got himself a few human slaves who painstakingly try to decipher his 'Baa Baaa' and write this marvellous the story. If anyone types in wrongly, he's blasted with those red lasers. Quite a motivation.

A tribute to all those matyrs! *lifts his glass of champagne*

Ieshwar

Red Lasers? Well, let's just say that I feel it's my calling in life to help people see the light... The coherent light, that is. :nuke:

BTW, I usually mention the title of the next chapter right about now. :whistle:

.....Now hidden in its lair, it planned taking over Earth government by 2,666. ....

Goats have lairs??? :blink:

I always use 5-star hotels. Good planning requires room service! :P

Conner

Frolicking in the pen?

oh wait :blink:

I shouldnt have done that....

:P

Steve

Now, now, Fossil, no leaking... Remember, you're the anonymous beta reader, so nobody knows you've seen the chapter already... It's a seeecret... Shhhhh... :P

The title is actually... Homegoing. Ok, rather uninspired, but that's the title. Or, I might change the title... Or I might not... I really don't know yet... Can't make up my mind. Hrmmmm.... There are several other good titles that come to mind, but all of them would be spoilers for a few surprises in the chapter. If I use a chapter title that's a spoiler, I suspect that the Echidna might object... And those spines are sharp... OK, after much prevarication and rumination, I'll stick with Homegoing as the next chapter title.

Heh, I almost slipped up and give the title of Ch 35, Hell's Fury, as that of the next chapter! That would have been doubly bad: it would give the wrong name for the upcoming chapter, and it would reveal the title of 35 before 34 had been released! :ph34r:

Conner

5-star hotels? :o

Conner, you need to get back to your roots.. There's nothing nicer than a nice pile of hay in an old shed, out on the range... :P

5-star hotels? :o

Conner, you need to get back to your roots.. There's nothing nicer than a nice pile of hay in an old shed, out on the range... :P

Well, well, well... It seems the goats' group is made of urban sophisticated ones, and simple, country ones. I think Ieshwar's theory might have some truth in it too. More has to be found out about the hooved ones. (and the Great Escape of 1970 is the most secret, least documented of all the happenings of Area 51, CJ; nice try in trying to cover it up, but all the truth lovers and conspiracy debunkers will have seen right through your attempt...)

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..