Open Club  ·  74 members  ·  Free

C James Fan Club

For The Love

• Site Administrator

Okay, now I know this is fiction. I've been on enough planes to know that two young men do not drift off to sleep. I personally think it's impossible to do so -- the only times I've managed to sleep on a plane is when I've been absolutely exhausted.

I loved the scene with Steve and the jigsaw puzzle :) I now have lots of nice feelings for him :D

One thing that I thought didn't ring quite true was when the two guys came up to Chris and Steve on the beach. After Steve made his statement, there should have been more of a reaction, rather than an off-hand "bummer" type comment.

Otherwise, the boys look like they're going to get themselves into more trouble. I just hope they wait until Steve turns 18 before they do so.

Oh, and in case anyone is worried, I've spoken to a friendly pair of bottlenose dolphins, and they're keeping an eye on the boys. I'm sure they won't let anything happen to them ;)

Oh, and in case anyone is worried, I've spoken to a friendly pair of bottlenose dolphins, and they're keeping an eye on the boys. I'm sure they won't let anything happen to them ;)

at least while they are in the water...

Okay, now I know this is fiction. I've been on enough planes to know that two young men do not drift off to sleep.

I'm just impressed that the guys were on a flight that served airline food. Do airlines really do that anymore? Whenever I fly, all that's offered are peanuts and beverages.

Blackheart? Here's hoping Chris and Steve don't do the Hardy Boys thing again. Give the tip to the F.B.I., please. Who will find the boys in the buff at daybreak? I don't think it'll be a dolfin. Stay tuned.

Jack B)

Hehehe! Nice chapter! :D Between you and Jack, CJ, I may never have to take another holiday. :lol:

Chris & Steve are just so great together. :wub:

Chris buying a speedo to cut Steve off at the pass....that was hilarious! :lmao:

If they head out to that shoe store, they deserve everything they get, including the headstone designed by EMoe. :(

So, CJ, do you have issues with the government and their security procedures in airports??? :P I've always loved that expression, cluster f**K. :lol:

So was that ending supposed to be a cliffhanger??? :wacko: They are in an ocean, a very spacific ocean, in fact. All they'd have to do is float and they would be carried into shore.

Conner

I'm just impressed that the guys were on a flight that served airline food. Do airlines really do that anymore? Whenever I fly, all that's offered are peanuts and beverages.

Jack B)

For hawaii, if it's just like a 1 hour or 30 mintue plane ride, then all you really get offered is some snacks etc. But usually if the plane ride is at least 3 to 4 hours long, they usually serve dinner, lunch or breakfest, at least they always did for me, hehe.

So let me get this straight,

Cj stubbing his toe.

Cj having to fix erant clogged fuel lines on the road.

Misquitos.

Making people think.

GLOBAL WARMING (fav so far :P )

Mysterious, questionable FTL epilogue (so basically the psuedo-death of Chris & Steve)

Is there anything I have missed being blamed for??

Well, yes, everything! We decided that you were to blame for everything, anywhere, anywhen, so that makes the sinking of the Titanic your fault, the hurricane season of 2005, the crash of the Hindenburg, WW1, and, well, everything! :P

Welcome to the club, Shadowgod. Last fall, I was to blame for everything including making our debonair, quiet and shy lurker post more than eleven hundred posts in ninety-six days! Proof here and here!

Maybe they can help the boys find shore!

If they head out to that shoe store, they deserve everything they get, including the headstone designed by EMoe. :(

Yes, why worry about Blackheart finding them if they head straight to him. Don't put these guys in a horror movie, their car will stall in the middle of the forest, they'll head to the house where the psycho killer dwells, and do everything that will get them in danger. As long as the author gets them out of trouble, it's fine. We still need to remind him that we may always pull a Misery. Having nice, cute, cuddly characters threatened to die is definitely mean. But despicable, greedy, selfish ones? How nice!

Okay, now I know this is fiction. I've been on enough planes to know that two young men do not drift off to sleep. I personally think it's impossible to do so -- the only times I've managed to sleep on a plane is when I've been absolutely exhausted.

I loved the scene with Steve and the jigsaw puzzle :) I now have lots of nice feelings for him :D

One thing that I thought didn't ring quite true was when the two guys came up to Chris and Steve on the beach. After Steve made his statement, there should have been more of a reaction, rather than an off-hand "bummer" type comment.

Hmmm, that may be a good point on the airborne sleeping, especially if one is afraid of flying.

I do fall asleep on airplanes, even at that age, BUT, I began flying on airliners when I was a few months old, so I'm very used to it.

Glad you liked the puzzle scene. I wanted to show him sticking up for Chris. :)

See? This is something else we can blame shadowgod for. :P

Blackheart? Here's hoping Chris and Steve don't do the Hardy Boys thing again. Give the tip to the F.B.I., please. Who will find the boys in the buff at daybreak? I don't think it'll be a dolfin. Stay tuned.

Jack B)

On longer flights, the still serve food. It's just short ones, such as continental US internal flights, that mostly don't anymore. But I'd hate to think of a 15 hour non-stop where they didn't serve food...

Hehehe! Nice chapter! :D Between you and Jack, CJ, I may never have to take another holiday. :lol:

Chris & Steve are just so great together. :wub:

Chris buying a speedo to cut Steve off at the pass....that was hilarious! :lmao:

So, CJ, do you have issues with the government and their security procedures in airports??? :P I've always loved that expression, cluster f**K. :lol:

So was that ending supposed to be a cliffhanger??? :wacko: They are in an ocean, a very spacific ocean, in fact. All they'd have to do is float and they would be carried into shore.

Conner

Thanks Conner!

OK, YES, I do have BIG issues with the government and ailine security procedures. The dumb question where they were asked if they have explosives in the trunk happened to ME. So, too, did the bit about letting through a big young guy with a laptop, all kinds of wires and gear, etc, but stopping a little old lady and examining her lipstick in detail. This happened THREE times in a row.

The government, regardless of who is in charge, is basically useless when it comes to doing anything right. Airline security is no exception, except for the fact that they seem more inept here than on most anything else. They spent enormous sums of money, yet the only reason airline passengers are safer these days is that airline passengers, unlike pre-911, will fight because it is their only hope. I remember reading about one flight from South America a year or two ago: a passenger tried to break into the cockpit; the other passengers sedated him. With a fireaxe. The the head. :)

One simple way to improve security drastically; motivate the security people manning the checkpoints. Offer a large reward whenever they spot and stop something real OR a planned test. Sure, it would cost a lot of money, probably well under 5% of what the current system costs, and be more effective.

Another peeve of mine on airline security idiocy;

Suppose a passenger is going on an international flight. The standard procedure is that they have to be there an hour earlier for check-in, supposedly for security reasons. Yet, if this is not a non-stop, passengers ON THE SAME PLANE who will be getting off in a US city. For example, a flight from Phoenix to London with a stop in Chicago (A route I've done many times). The international passengers have to report to the airport an hour earlier to get on the same plane as the passengers going to Chicago. That makes no sense at all, none, and the fun thing is that even the TSA and airline officials can't come up with an explanation in face of the facts (I've put many of 'em to the question myself on this issue).

For hawaii, if it's just like a 1 hour or 30 mintue plane ride, then all you really get offered is some snacks etc. But usually if the plane ride is at least 3 to 4 hours long, they usually serve dinner, lunch or breakfest, at least they always did for me, hehe.

One of their favorite tricks now is paid box lunches. Awfull food, at about $10 a box. (yep, they often charge for in-flight meals now, in shorter flights). :thumbdown:

Welcome to the club, Shadowgod. Last fall, I was to blame for everything including making our debonair, quiet and shy lurker post more than eleven hundred posts in ninety-six days! Proof here and here!

But... But... But... I almost never post! I'm a lurker!! :ph34r:

But, this brings up an interesting question... Should we bamle BOTH Emoe and Shadowgod for, well, everything? :devil:

Yes, why worry about Blackheart finding them if they head straight to him. Don't put these guys in a horror movie, their car will stall in the middle of the forest, they'll head to the house where the psycho killer dwells, and do everything that will get them in danger. As long as the author gets them out of trouble, it's fine. We still need to remind him that we may always pull a Misery. Having nice, cute, cuddly characters threatened to die is definitely mean. But despicable, greedy, selfish ones? How nice!

I can't say anything here, except to speculate; What could the FBI do, with only a picture of a playing card in an ad to go on?

This is much like a case I got involved in once; someone building a home knew who was stealing their stuff, but without evidence, the cops couldn't do a thing. Once I got the evidence, they had enough for a search warrant and that was that.

And, um, a Misery? I thought those were reserved for Shadowgod, when he does something nasty to his characters? :o

• Site Moderator

The new blue speedo was good and a nice little surprise.

I also think we will be having a package arrive in Hawaii to a particular shoe store in the next chapter.

Jan

The new blue speedo was good and a nice little surprise.

I also think we will be having a package arrive in Hawaii to a particular shoe store in the next chapter.

Jan

Hi Jan!!

The name of that shoe store, "The Shoe Whore's Shoe Store", actually came to me while I was reading this blog entry, entitled "Shoe Whore?".

I thought it would be an interesting name for a high-end shoe store (I've seen far stranger names for various stores).

I'd say Steve is manipulating him to have him believe he's nice. ;) (This is the problem of commenting a serial: things change as episodes are issued)

flounced??? FLOUNCED??? damn it, where's my dictionary... yeash... flounced...

/shaking head and getting back to the story.

Lol, sorry about that... I wanted that character to sound obviously gay, but with Chris and Steve not picking up on it. (they don't have very good Gaydar)

to flounce into/out of a room: entrer dans une/sortir d'une pi
  • Site Administrator

Interesting chapter, as it has been about 10 years or more since my last visit to Hawaii. It was nice to read of places and locations that I remember from the couple of times to Maui.

I do have to say that I too had to stop reading and ponder the use of "flounced" in the story. Just how would you describe a flounce (according to the dictionary it is like a ruffle in a dress)? Is it like a prance, a sashay, a glide? :D Whatever, I got the point loud and clear, and had a real chuckle out of the word.

Now, I take it the boys are camping off the road to Hana right? I didn't realize you could pull over and just camp. It sounds like it is pretty secluded with no one else around. Hmmm, sounds like another camping trip the boys took to a far out of the way, secluded, isolated place. I know the good Sheriff is under indictment and probably can't travel, but where is Eric?

Also, I don't ever believe that I have ever been in the outdoors and not been able to see at least some shade of something darker than the surroundings that would indicated where the shore is, but then how long were they doing unmentionable things in the ocean. Let's hope those dolphins aren't the evil snapping kind. :blink:

Well there is a positive about them being lost out in the ocean! I means they can't go over to Oahu and track down the evil Blackheart :devil:

Edited by wildone
Interesting chapter, as it has been about 10 years or more since my last visit to Hawaii. It was nice to read of places and locations that I remember from the couple of times to Maui.

I do have to say that I too had to stop reading and ponder the use of "flounced" in the story. Just how would you describe a flounce (according to the dictionary it is like a ruffle in a dress)? Is it like a prance, a sashay, a glide? :D Whatever, I got the point loud and clear, and had a real chuckle out of the word.

Now, I take it the boys are camping off the road to Hana right? I didn't realize you could pull over and just camp. It sounds like it is pretty secluded with no one else around. Hmmm, sounds like another camping trip the boys took to a far out of the way, secluded, isolated place. I know the good Sheriff is under indictment and probably can't travel, but where is Eric?

Also, I don't ever believe that I have ever been in the outdoors and not been able to see at least some shade of something darker than the surroundings that would indicated where the shore is, but then how long were they doing unmentionable things in the ocean. Let's hope those dolphins aren't the evil snapping kind. :blink:

Well there is a positive about them being lost out in the ocean! I means they can't go over to Oahu and track down the evil Blackheart :devil:

Howdy Steve! (or have you changed it yet, due to what that eeevil other steve did?)

The Hana road camping may or may not be allowed, I'm really not sure. Its been a few years since I was in that area, and I've camped out in Hawaii, but not there. From what little I remember, the road is often a fair distance from the shore, and there are plenty of deserted beaches, so maybe they will be ok, allowed or not, if no one sees them.

I can't answer the other questions due to spoilers, but as for the eeeevil Blackheart, well, all I'll say is that;

FTL Chapter 33, Blackheart, will be posted on Tuesday.

:devil:

Hey CJ

Nice and

For example, I'm afraid of heights, but what I'm really afraid of is vertical surfaces, not heights themselves. I HATE being on top of a cliff, or even up on a roof near the edge. I have trouble even standing at the rim of the Grand Canyon. However, I have no trouble at all with flying. Even being upside down, pulling a loop in an open-cockpit plane doesn't bother me.

CJ :)

So... I have a fear of heights too, well not really heights as much as sudden stops and surviving in a helpless state. I fell out of a fig tree at about a height of 9-10 feet, landed spread eagle under the tree in a short pile of leaves and figs, scared the living sh*t out of me... There could have been any number of things under the leaves; sticks, scorpians, snakes, etc. The very fact of the way I landed probably saved me a trip to the hospital, but there's nothing like explaining to my grandmother why my shirt is sticky with brown spots that wont come out anymore... :(

Ever since, I've had a fear of falling and surviving... course my horrible LACK of balance doesn't help near the edges of tall things. :thumbdown:

• Site Administrator
I can't answer the other questions due to spoilers, but as for the eeeevil Blackheart, well, all I'll say is that;

FTL Chapter 33, Blackheart, will be posted on Tuesday.

:devil:

Let me tell you what really scares me :,( !!!

In the "real" world, :devil: Blackheart :devil: doesn't seem to have the least bit of hesitance to kill off loved main characters of stories. I guess we don't know what really is going on in his evil head, maybe he did kill someone, maybe he didn't. Either way the key word here is evil.

Now in FTL, I am particularly scared that :devil: Blackheart :devil: may be the same one as in the "real" world. This would mean that Steve and Chris might end up dead, or worse, all of us not knowing about their welfare.

Let's hope it is just a mere coincidence that they share the same name.

Steve (I'm not changing it, I had it first, :D )

So... I have a fear of heights too, well not really heights as much as sudden stops and surviving in a helpless state. I fell out of a fig tree at about a height of 9-10 feet, landed spread eagle under the tree in a short pile of leaves and figs, scared the living sh*t out of me... There could have been any number of things under the leaves; sticks, scorpians, snakes, etc. The very fact of the way I landed probably saved me a trip to the hospital, but there's nothing like explaining to my grandmother why my shirt is sticky with brown spots that wont come out anymore... :(

Ever since, I've had a fear of falling and surviving... course my horrible LACK of balance doesn't help near the edges of tall things. :thumbdown:

Glad you weren't hurt in that fall!

A lack of balance is never a good thing near big drops... Like I always say, it's not the fall that gets you, it's the bounce. :ph34r:

Let me tell you what really scares me :,( !!!

In the "real" world, :devil: Blackheart :devil: doesn't seem to have the least bit of hesitance to kill off loved main characters of stories. I guess we don't know what really is going on in his evil head, maybe he did kill someone, maybe he didn't. Either way the key word here is evil.

Now in FTL, I am particularly scared that :devil: Blackheart :devil: may be the same one as in the "real" world. This would mean that Steve and Chris might end up dead, or worse, all of us not knowing about their welfare.

Let's hope it is just a mere coincidence that they share the same name.

Steve (I'm not changing it, I had it first, :D )

Yes, Blackheart is indeed Evil... He's a real blackhearted scoundrel! :devil:

Of course, the chapter name might be misleading, and Blackheart might not even be in it. 0:)

And fear not; unlike the evil writer of Living in Surreality, I never use cliffhangers. :ph34r:

I'm kinda late but I just read the story. I soo want to go on a vacation too!

Great chapter, CJ! Steve's feelings are clear to me now. I'm sorry for having doubted him but after this chapter, he rose in my pointmeter! So do you think that stranded, they'll swim to Mauritius? No! Damn, I would have liked to see two naked guys stranded here! :D

Wait, you guys are saying that CJ can get Chris or Steve get killed? oh NO NO NO!!!! NON NON NON!!! NAHIN NAHIN NAHIN!!!

Please don't do that. Just ignore those writers who kill their characters (like me)! They're stupid!

If they head out to that shoe store, they deserve everything they get, including the headstone designed by EMoe

Who thinks that they WON'T go to that store, raise hand. *No one raised hand*

Take care,

Ieshwar

• Site Moderator

I've only flown once and I enjoyed the flight. The takeoff reminded me of the first drop of a coaster. The only part I didn't like was the return flight. It started raining as we boarded the plane. We had to wait on the taxiway for about a half hour for the storm to clear. They shut the plane down so it got hot and stuffy inside.

Jan

Oh, no! I didn't see this coming. Blackheart isn't a "he". The boys go to the shoe store and meet up with...Hillary holding court in a muumuu. :devil:

Thanks Bob!!!!

You are right, I've been flying on airliners (and other things) all my life, and am very used to it. I wanted to try and capture the "first flight jitters", something I've never personally expirianced (I've been flying since infancy).

Hey CJ,

Your comment suggest one question : did you never fear for your life on an airliner ?

I dont know if a lot of GA members are very used to flying on airliner, may be Graeme ? So my question goes to everybody.

I did ! My worst memories : I was flying from Zurich to Zagreb (Croatia) on a Boeing 737 in December 1966 in a snow storm, with lot of ice on the wings and the airport of Zagreb was closed because the storm. We had to fly in circles to use the fuel. The plane was almost empty, no cautious travelers would have choose to fly with such a weather, but I had to., It was the longest hours of my life ! And on the way back, the same happened. The storm was even stronger, and the airport maintenance in Zagreb hadnt clean all the ice on the wings, so I had to pray twice, hoping that the fly crew knew what to do ! It was a real relief at the landing.

Has anybody a same story to tell ?

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..