Wildone in the hospital :(

Hey everybody... I received an email last night from Steve's sister.

Hello,

Steve asked me to contact you to let you know he'll be in the hospital for awhile. He had a car accident last Thursday morning. He will be ok, but has a long recovery ahead of him. He has broken both femurs, which have were repaired on Thursday during surgery. He will require another surgery as he has also broken the tib/fib in his lower left leg, along with that foot. He also has a number of broken ribs.

All things considered, he's in very good spirits, and is doing everything he can to speed the recovery. He was stablized in Medicine Hat and then airlifted to Calgary for the surgery, right from the trauma doctors and nurses in emerg, through ICU, they have been all very impressed by his strength and healing abilities.

He is in the trauma ward now, and is allowed visitors. I will keep you posted on his recovery if you like, we don't know how long he'll be in there.

If you wanted to get a message to him, I can take it up to him. I won't be visiting the hospital today, but will be up there tomorrow evening.

I'm going to keep in touch with her and send him some get-well wishes. Why is Canada so far away? :(

Just thought you all might want to know since you're probably wondering where he's been lately.

Viv

That little bugger! He waits until I leave Calgary to have an accident and fly in. It sounds like he is ok but that is pretty awful. Hope he gets better very quickly!!

HUGS

Hey everybody... I received an email last night from Steve's sister.

I'm going to keep in touch with her and send him some get-well wishes. Why is Canada so far away? :(

Just thought you all might want to know since you're probably wondering where he's been lately.

Viv

Pass him my well wishes, and hope for a speedy recovery. B)

You guys are AWESOME! :D I'm gonna try and call him tomorrow and if I can talk to him, I'll definitely send all the good thoughts and snazzy GA love and healing vibes I can through the phone. I'll keep you posted.

Hugs,

Viv

So it sounds like I can't call :( ... yet.

Hello,

I will definitely pass on your email to him. At this time he doesn't have a phone in his room, and isn't allowed a cell phone. My sister said that they had been talking about when he moves to a care centre for rehab, and it sounds like they'll have him for 6-8 weeks. At that point, I'm sure he'll have access to a phone, either his or a room one. I'll double check with him tomorrow, as they may have portable ones that you can call in on.

I'll print off your email and take it in to him tomorrow evening, as he had asked me to contact you.

Thanks again for your well wishes, I'm sure he'll be relying on his friends for support through his healing.