Jump to content
    astone2292
  • Author
  • 4,490 Words
  • 4,104 Views
  • 22 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Love in the Shadows - 25. Chapter 25: Celestial Circumstances

Kaplan’s throat was dry. He replayed Cyrus’s words over and over in his mind. Ren… He’s dead? Cyrus killed him.

His perception of the man across from him was turned on its head. When they first sat down, Kaplan assumed he was a fair and calm leader. The bear’s steely gaze and admission revealed Cyrus was more than met the eye. There was barely any emotion in his delivery. He stared, surely awaiting for Kaplan to respond in some manner.

But Kaplan couldn’t. Between knowing the man who plagued his memory and having a silent alpha expecting an answer, he froze.

“Kaplan.”

He swallowed.

“Kaplan,” Cyrus repeated.

The beta blinked and snapped out of his trance. Shaky, he forced himself to take a breath. “I didn’t know he was dead.”

“Yes, and I apologize,” Cyrus said as the waitress came to refill his glass. “It had to be done. I can not condone the actions Ren chose. You can call it self-defense or a challenge. He struck out at me, and I reacted.”

Kaplan bit his lip. He remembered the two occasions when Ren hit him. There were insults, dismissive glances, beatings, and constant reminders Kaplan was never going to amount to anything. Now I can forget about all that. He’s gone. Fear still resided within, but an overwhelming relief washed over the wolf. “Thank you,” he muttered. “Y-you don’t have to apologize. That man… He’s haunted me for as long as I can remember.”

“So you aren’t mad at me for ending your former alpha’s life?”

“I… No!” Surprised by the question, Kaplan tried to understand the panda. “Why would you think that?”

“The concept of revenge is not unheard of. Even I’ve been known to toy with the thought.” Cyrus leaned forward. “I apologize because I was unsure if you’d have the urge for retribution, and I had taken that possibility from you.”

Kaplan shook his head. “You defended yourself. That’ll always trump something ridiculous like revenge.”

The bear’s smile was calming. “I completely agree, but if you held a grudge against me for—”

“Cyrus,” Kaplan interrupted. “I can’t be mad at you. That man forced me from my home. He beat me for who I am.”

“For who”– Cyrus paused and squinted –”What do you mean?”

Licking his lips, Kaplan closed his eyes. The reason why he was beaten and ousted from his pack nearly escaped his mouth. What was stopping him? Fear? Ren was the source. Now he’s dead. Do I—

“Kaplan, why are you scared?”

He looked at the alpha. Cyrus appeared concerned. “I’m sorry. Just… going through some things in my head.”

“I’m right here,” Cyrus pointed out. “You’re free to speak your mind.”

“I—” Choking up, the beta covered his mouth. “All my life, I was told to be someone else. Be stronger, more manly. Not act. Be.

“You’re gay.”

Before Kaplan could react, a familiar handkerchief was offered. Blotting his eyes, the beta sniffled. “That obvious, huh?”

Cyrus giggled softly. “Not quite. You’re well-practiced with your tone.”

“Then what gives me away?”

“We passed several suitable she-wolves on the street. Even the waitress has been eyeing you as she rounds the corner near the kitchen.”

Turning, he noticed her staring. She immediately looked away. “Oh.”

“You pay women no mind. Not that it’s an issue,” Cyrus added. “It’s certainly a tip-off, though. What interests me is your choice to keep yourself hidden here in New York.”

“I… It just made sense.”

“Doesn’t to me, I’m afraid.” The panda hummed. “You’re the second-most powerful man in NYSP. No lycan would dare threaten you. Far be it for me to suggest how life should be lived, but speaking from experience, being loud and proud’s much easier than wallowing in shame.”

Every word rang with inspiration. Contemplating the statement, Kaplan searched for possible ramifications. When none came, he whispered, “I’m gay.”

Cyrus grinned. “A little bit louder.”

“I’m gay,” he said, loud enough to earn a nod from the alpha. A weight was lifted from deep inside, and Kaplan felt elated. “It feels so good to finally say that after all this time.”

“I’m beyond proud of you, Kaplan. Remember this feeling you have. That’s the sense of pride. Saying what you are can be a liberating thing.”

Handing back the handkerchief, Kaplan picked up his glass of wine. A whirlwind of emotions still spun inside. “It feels crazy.”

Cyrus raised his. “Revel in the craziness. A toast, to a fresh step in life.”

Clinking glasses, they sipped. As they talked and ate, Kaplan admired Cyrus. He clearly knew what he wanted, enjoyed the finer things in life, and possessed a stunning smile. Eventually, they conversed about pack dynamics. Finishing dinner and parting ways, Kaplan was certain the panda was fit to be Tierney’s replacement.

***

Try as he might, Vincent could not get Stefan off his mind. Not even work distracted him. He bumped a few aisle corners as he operated the pallet jack. I need to calm down before I end up like John.

Calm, his wolf instructed. There no fight. Just talk.

I know, bud. Still, this is Stefan.

Trust plan.

Pausing for a moment, Vincent took a deep breath. You’re right. Not going to lie, I wasn’t sure how I’d handle having a second voice in my head, but I’m glad you’re here.

“Hey,” Dave called out, “you good?”

“I… yeah!”

The beta smirked. “I remember getting to know my wolf way back when. Let’s take a break. I could use a smoke.”

Vincent parked his jack under a display pallet and followed Dave to one of the picnic tables out front. The beta lit the cigarette, and Vincent’s nose burned. “Holy… Dude, that shit stinks. How do you smoke those things?”

“Easy, like this.” The orange ember brightened as Dave inhaled. Blowing away from Vincent, he smacked his lips. “Besides, it’s not the worst thing to smell. Some of these customers could use a shower.”

A breeze blew by, and Vincent closed his eyes. Feels great today.

His wolf growled, startling him.

What’s up with you?

No like. We being watched.

Scanning the parking lot, Vincent scowled. Where? I don’t see anyone out of the ordinary.

Can’t tell, but feel. Make no sense.

Following a hunch, Vincent rose from his seat and looked at Dave. “Be right back. Want to check something.”

After receiving a nod from the lycan, Vincent checked to see if anyone was watching. He used his magic and turned the world gray. Again, he searched the parking lot until his wolf whispered, There. By pole.

Focusing on the light poles in the lot, Vincent tensed as he saw his animal’s target. A scrawny, bald man in a loose tribal-like robe stood, staring at the mage. The moment Vincent gasped, the strange figure grinned and dashed away at blinding speed.

Vincent was appalled, if not threated. Who the fuck is that?

Not know?

No! The only shadow mage I know is Stefan. There’s that lady Mr. Richards talked about at my mage’s dance, but I’ve never seen that guy before. He almost looked like a monk.

No like. Is friend or foe?

I have no idea. Having another shadow mage running around is not—

“Vin?” Dave muttered. “You still here?”

Vincent bit his lip and checked for wandering eyes before reappearing.

Startled, Dave flinched. “Jeez, Vince! Give a guy a warning or some—”

“There was another shadow mage,” he blurted. “Some weird monk guy. He was over by that pole.” He pointed and took a deep breath as Dave stood.

“Did he do anything?”

“No. He smiled and ran off.”

“In the daytime? Can shadow mages do that?”

Vincent shook his head. “Kind of, and I’m trying to figure that out. We can tether shadows together by extending our energy, but…” He checked the lot again, remembering the direction the monk ran off in. “That doesn’t make sense. Past the cars are a few trees and that empty lot. There’s nothing to grab onto.”

“I don’t like this,” Dave said, pulling out his phone. “I’m calling Mace.”

In record time, Mason and Caleb arrived together and ran to Vincent. “Are you hurt? What’d he look like?”

Being smothered in the bigger man’s arms, Vincent pushed Mason away. “Easy, big guy. I’m fine. He didn’t come at me or anything.”

Explaining the events, Vincent begrudgingly agreed to take the rest of the day off. Caleb followed in Vincent’s hatchback while the alphas drove home. Mason growled as they left Greenthumb. “And you’re sure this guy looked like a monk?”

“Yes,” Vincent groaned, rolling his eyes. “If you don’t believe me…”

Switching consciousnesses, his wolf glared at Mason. “Man wear long shirt. No hair on head. Not see him before, then go in shadow and he there!”

Vincent could tell Mason wanted to smile when the man’s grip on the wheel slackened. “Dang, you had a witness, Vinnie.”

The two discussed what the monk’s appearance meant until they parked in Mason’s driveway. With Caleb behind them, they went inside and sat in the living room. “This can’t be a coincidence,” the lion pointed out. “We’re meeting Stefan tonight, and this random mage comes around? We need to put the council and pack back on alert.”

“I agree,” Mason grumbled, “but we’re back to this scared-shitless position we were in a few days ago.”

Irritated, Vincent clapped. “Okay. Can we focus on one mage at a time? I’d rather worry about Stefan. This new guy could’ve come closer, talked, or attacked. Instead, he ran away.”

Mason crossed his arms and huffed. “Sorry, Pup. I’m not willing to ignore this asshole. For all we know, this guy could be evil.”

The assumption stung Vincent. “What do you mean by that? All we do know about him is he’s a shadow mage.”

“Yeah, he can appear anywhere and anytime.”

The comment stung. “So, by that logic I’m evil too, huh?”

He noticed the regret on Mason’s face. “I didn’t mean it like that, Vinnie.”

“So just because someone has a certain magical affinity makes them evil before proven innocent?” Vincent’s anger bubbled. “You know, I remember when I shared my magic with you, and you said it was amazing. What happened, Mason? Was that something you just said not meaning it too?”

Mason’s eyes showed the man was in emotional pain. “Never! I’ve enjoyed every moment with you and your magic. I didn’t—”

“You know my ambition.” Standing, Vincent grimaced. “You know I want to make the shadow affinity something to be proud of, and you just crapped all over that.”

“Vinnie,” Mason growled. The room’s tension escalated as his voice deepened. “Calm down.”

Seeing the alpha’s glowing irises, Vincent felt his own light up. His wolf snarled from within. Mate use voice on us!

With both of his minds agitated, a power rose inside of him. “No!” Vincent shouted. The word sounded raspy and strong. “You don’t get to use your commanding voice on me. Now you try to silence me with your power? I—”

Caleb coughed. The lion was gasping for breath. The moment both alphas stopped speaking, he unclenched his fists on the sofa cushions.

“Caleb,” Mason called out.

Watching his mate rushing to the enforcer’s side, Vincent realized what transpired. I was using my own alpha-voice. Caleb… he was being suffocated. Backing away, Vincent caught Mason’s attention again.

His feet moved on auto-pilot. Once out the back door, Vincent’s old instincts returned. I want to run away. Give it all up, get a fresh start.

No, his wolf whined. Need mate.

I… I know that, but I feel like I just fucked everything up.

We no do that. Bad talk.

I hurt Caleb. I can’t… I didn’t mean to—

“Vinnie.”

Reaching his favorite tree in the yard, Vincent turned to see Mason. Conflicted, his rage and guilt swirled like a whirlpool. Only when he was held did he sob. “I didn’t mean to.”

“I didn’t either,” Mason murmured, “I didn’t mean to think so lowly of your affinity, and I didn’t mean to control you with my voice.” The words were soft as they were whispered into Vincent’s ear.

“Is Caleb okay?”

“He’s a big boy. Not his first rodeo, Pup.”

Pup. The nickname, and everything it implied forced Vincent to hold onto Mason harder. The thought of running away was shredded. Looking up, Mason’s eyes were watery. “I’m sorry. I overreacted.”

“You didn’t,” Mason retorted. “I said those words, and I shouldn’t have. I insulted the shadow affinity, something that makes you you. Can you forgive me?”

Sniffling, Vincent nodded and wiped his tears away. “Yeah. I think it was all a misunderstanding.”

“I wouldn’t call it that. I understand how you felt, and I should’ve known better. I just don’t want to lose you.”

“You’ll never lose me, big guy. We still have a lot to learn about each other.”

Mason held his hand as they walked back to the house. “And that sounds fine with me. Can’t wait to learn more ways to love you.”

Vincent rolled his eyes. “You’re so cheesy, but I love it.”

“More cheese. Got it.”

***

Mason parked in the Greenthumb lot that night. Tension built, and Vincent was shaking. Gods, is this really happening? I’m finally about to meet this guy. It seems so unreal.

A hand on his shoulder broke his concentration. “Dave and Caleb are in place,” said Mason. “Mom and Dad just pulled into the parking lot.”

The familiar blue Dodge truck’s headlights blinded him, and when the couple walked over, Vincent went for Elaine’s open arms. “Thanks for coming.”

He heard Lei growl, and Elaine was quick on the swat. “Leidolf!”

“Sorry. I’m just anxious to meet the bastard that attacked my mate.”

Vincent understood his father-by-bond’s feelings. They walked along the edge of the building, going toward the loading dock. Once they reached a gutter’s downspout, Vincent instructed everyone to grab him, then used his shadow magic to zip everyone to the roof. Lei stumbled forward and cursed as Vincent’s feet hit solid ground.

Only the four were present. Checking his phone, Vincent saw they were a few minutes early. Glancing at Mason, he could tell the alpha was on edge. “Will you relax? You’re freaking me out.”

Mason was alert. His eyes darted in several directions before grumbling. “I don’t like this.”

“You haven’t liked this the entire afternoon.”

When the man remained expressionless, Vincent rolled his eyes and wandered the rooftop ledge. Cars came and left the lot steadily, and people continued to stream into the store. He was thankful he didn’t have a shift tomorrow. Returning to the three other shifters, he waited. C’mon, Stefan. Let’s get this over with.

Time passed slowly. Mason stayed at Vincent’s side while Lei and Elaine took a lap around the building. Vincent grew more concerned as there was no sign of the Italian. It’s almost ten after. I wouldn’t think he’d be late for something like this. Unless…

Vincent bit his bottom lip. He removed his hand from Mason’s and whispered, “Hang on, Mace. I’ll be right back.”

The night was dark, but the lamppost lights turned gray as he went into the shadows.

“My, my,” a low voice spoke. “To finally meet with you.”

Vincent’s wolf snarled within his mind at the tall, slender man sitting on the ledge overlooking the lot. Wearing a black trenchcoat, he sat with a leg crossed over the other. “We need to talk, Vincent.”

Finding strength in his wolf’s anger, Vincent uttered, “About what? How you killed them? How you murdered my parents?”

Stefan pocketed his hands, sighed, and stood. Vincent stayed wary of the man’s moves. “I won’t say I’m a changed man. That would be a lie. I’ve had years to reflect on the actions that led to this moment. You probably won’t believe me, but I’m sorry for what I’ve done.”

Gritting his teeth, Vincent clenched his fists. “You’re sorry? Sorry doesn’t bring back my mom and dad. I should kill you right here.”

“And you have every right to try, but my words are true. I believe you wolves can smell when someone lies.”

Sniffing, Vincent couldn’t find a trace of the sour scent guilt left behind. “So what? Is that supposed to make everything better?”

“No, I don’t suppose so. They didn’t possess what I was looking for, and I took my anger out on them instead of the cretin who fed me lies. I came to offer a—”

“Vinnie! Where’d you go?”

Vincent turned to Mason. He’s probably freaking out. He sent a wave of positive energy through their bond, hoping his mate would understand.

Mason flinched and looked in their direction but not directly at them. “I feel you. Are you able to come back?”

“What is this?” Stefan murmured. “Is this an ability in shapeshifters I’m not aware of?”

Losing his patience, Vincent flashed a sense of uncertainty toward Mason before returning his attention to the other shadow mage. “Why are you here?”

“I’ve kept an eye on you for a while now, and you’ve grown as a mage. I’d almost say you would be an impressive opponent.”

In a burst of rage, Vincent shouted, “Then fight me!”

Stefan took a step back. “Believe me, we will. Call me old fashioned, but I want the best out of those I duel. You’ll find a burner phone in your pocket. When you feel you’re ready, give me a call. Pick a time and place. Take as long as you like, Little Vinnie. I want you at your finest. This isn’t some play pretend promise of one of those sparring lessons with Mrs. Wilson or that lion.”

Vincent gritted his teeth. He’s watched me? For how long?

The man continued to stare at him. “You do understand what I’m asking for, correct? A proper duel with one man walking away. That is, of course, if you agree.”

Seventeen long, arduous, and emotionally painful years led to this moment. Memories from his childhood flowed through Vincent’s mind as he swallowed. His mom setting his dinner plate down in front of him. His dad taking him fishing at the neighbor’s lake. Mom… Dad…

Power rushed to his eyes, making them heavy. “Yes, and I’ll win.”

Stefan smiled thinly. “I look forward to seeing if you can keep that promise. So long, Little Vinnie.”

The man turned and phased off into the night, leaving Vincent alone in the shadows. He shivered. Did that just happen? He patted his pants pocket and felt an unfamiliar bulge. Pulling out a dated flip phone and charging cord, Vincent shuddered. He felt as if he had made a deal with the devil.

His wolf whined, and Vincent agreed. Yeah, I need him. Releasing his magic, the sky regained the dark blue hue. A few seconds passed before a weight hit his back. Arms encapsulated him, and Mason’s scent was strong. Vincent reclined into the shifter’s hold. “I’m okay.”

“Where is he?”

“Gone. He’s gone. I should’ve known he meant to meet in the shadows.”

Elaine and Lei jogged over. “What did he want?” She asked.

A dull pressure throbbed behind his forehead as he explained the confrontation. All three Wilsons bombarded him with questions, aggravating his growing headache. Vincent answered them the best he could. Thankfully, Elaine hushed Lei and Mason. “Are you okay, Vincent?”

He mumbled, only for Mason to usher him toward the ladder. “C’mon, Pup. Let’s get down and take you home. Dad, you mind calling Dave and Caleb? Have them meet us at my place?”

“Got it.”

Vincent managed to lower everyone to the concrete below, but it exhausted him. Borrowing from the bracelet aided slightly. Mason was swift to hold him up. “You okay?”

He hummed. “Headache.”

“Hey, Dad? You think Vinnie could handle a lycan-dose of painkillers?”

Lei stopped and crossed his arms. “Cut it in half. He’s still more human than shifter.”

After he was escorted to the Tundra, Vincent sat in the passenger’s side. The cushy seat was his only comfort. I don’t know where this headache came from. When was the last time I ate? No, we had dinner before coming here.

Stress? His wolf suggested.

I mean, it’s possible.

Mate help us?

Yeah, Mace said something about a pill. Hopefully it’ll make this go away.

Every bump on the road felt like an earthquake, causing Vincent’s brain to slosh around in his skull. The pain grew with each passing mile. When they arrived home, he managed to click his seatbelt button and shoulder the strap off.

“Let me come around and help you,” Mason offered.

Grunting, Vincent pulled the door handle. C’mon. I can’t be this helpless. He opened the door and searched for the step-up bar below with his foot. Missing it, he slipped and fell hard.

Lightning shot through his head as Mason yelled, “Vinnie! Damn it, would you let me help?”

Guilt blended with the pain. “I’m sorry. I just don’t like being helpless.”

“You’re not helpless, but I’ll always be here for you.” Mason lifted him gingerly, and Vincent used the burly arm as a brace. “Let’s get you inside and on the couch.”

“Yeah,” he rasped. “Head’s getting worse.”

When Dave arrived in his Silverado, the council rushed to them. Mason looked over. “Caleb, get the door. Vinnie’s got a headache, and it’s not calming down. Dave, medicine cabinet. Half a tab of L-acetaminophen.”

On the sofa, Vincent melded with the plush, leather cushions. He heard the movement around him, followed by a snap in the bathroom. “Thanks,” Mason whispered. “Here you go, Pup.”

Vincent took the pill and glass offered. The chilled water was refreshing, but all he could do was wait for the drug to kick in. “I… I thought lycans couldn’t get sick.”

“You’re not a lycan just yet,” Dave answered. “Until you completely shift, you can still have human ailments.”

Groaning, Vincent tried to put the ache out of mind. Pain, his wolf whined. It hurt.

I hear ya, bud. It’s no walk in the park for me either. Just got to wait until the meds kick in.

He patiently sat as Mason recapped the Stefan encounter for Dave and Caleb. He suffered for what felt like ages. The three councilmen used every trick in the book. Warm rags, cold rags, and making the room dark by turning off the lights and closing the curtains. Mason said he was ready to draw a warm bath if it came to it.

The men were discussing taking Vincent to Doc Shaney when a sharp and searing pain struck. Vincent screamed in agony and grasped the sides of his head. He inched off the couch and fell to the hardwood floor. He barely heard Mason’s order for Doc to be called over his own yell. The new torture centered directly behind his forehead.

A white flash flooded his vision, and he felt his wolf’s consciousness ripped away. No! Bud!

***

Mason held his spasming mate. He had no idea what was going on. No reason came to mind when he thought of the cause. It can’t be his turning; it’s not a full moon. Vinnie’s never said anything about migraines or seizures. What the fuck’s going on?

All he could do was sit and cower. He feared for the worst. No… He can’t be sick. Don’t… Aliz, don’t you take him from me! Tears fell freely. He prayed, “Let him live. Gods, any of you. Let him—”

Vincent gasped, and his eyes shone bright white. The smaller body stopped seizing, and his breathing was haggard. Shaken, Mason muttered, “Vinnie? Vincent. C’mon, Pup. Answer me.”

The man in the alpha’s arms moved his head, then rose on his own using Mason as a crutch. Vincent was still breathing heavily, but he looked around in childlike wonder. It almost seemed like a miracle to see his mate cured. What confused him was how Vincent was walking. It appeared as if he was learning how to.

“Vincent? Are you g—”

“Stop,” Vincent ordered, staring at Mason.

Mason rose with urgency. The voice did not belong to his mate. It was deeper, more masculine, and powerful.

“You call this one Vincent?”

Mason clenched his fists, prepared to shift them into claws. “Who are you, and what have you done with Vincent?”

Vincent glanced at his hands and lower body before returning his attention to Mason and Caleb. “Be still. There is no call for frustration or violence, young shapeshifters. I understand I caused great strife to this human, but it was necessary.” Taking another step, Vincent looked to the floor and whispered, “I’ve forgotten how these bodies work. One in front… of the other…”

Seeing his mate’s body being used as a toy infuriated Mason. The desire to lash out was quelled. I’d be hurting Vinnie. He growled. “Who the fuck do you think you are, walking around inside my mate?”

Vincent’s head snapped to him. “Your mate?” His eyes closed for a few seconds, then reopened. “I see. One of my sister’s precious gifts. You should consider yourselves lucky.”

“Sisters,” Caleb mumbled.

“I heard that, ailouros,” Vincent quipped. “Your assumption is correct.”

Caleb trembled, then fell to his knees. Mason was baffled by his enforcer’s behavior. “Caleb, get up!”

“Forgive me, alpha,” the lion uttered, “but I don’t think Vincent’s in any trouble.”

Before Mason could think, the invader spoke again, “I heard both of your pleas, but I was already on the path to this place. I merely needed this human’s body as a host.”

The statement angered Mason even more. “Enough,” he said using his alpha voice. He saw Caleb flinch, but continued, “Tell me who you are.”

Vincent stood unphased. “An alpha shapeshifter. I do not acquire the opportunity to see one of your kind often. Unfortunately, your power of voice does nothing to me. I am here for a reason. I assume you and the lion guard this… Vincent?”

Mason took a step forward, trying to intimidate the entity. Caleb grabbed his wrist. “Alpha Wilson. Forgive me for saying this, but stand down. If I’m guessing right, the being inside Vincent has the ability to wipe you from existence, if he so wished.”

What? Fury and power flooded his eyes.

Listen, his wolf warned. Thing in mate strong. Feel.

Obeying his animal instinct, he sensed a miasma wafting off Vincent’s body. It was strong, and Mason felt threatened. What… I’ve never seen anything like this.

Vincent’s glare never strayed from the alpha’s. “I believe this world entertains the concept of personal introductions. Allow me to partake.”

Blinded by the bright, white irises, Mason shielded his eyes. A powerful aura racketed through his muscles, scaring him. When it vanished, the deep voice reverberated through the room. “I am Bol, god of order.”

Copyright © 2020 astone2292; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 32
  • Love 32
  • Wow 30
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

  • Site Moderator

If a god decides it's important enough to come to Earth and inhabit a human body, wouldn't they know the human's name? Omniscience and all the jazz which goes with it.

  • Like 3
  • Love 1
Link to comment
3 minutes ago, drpaladin said:

If a god decides it's important enough to come to Earth and inhabit a human body, wouldn't they know the human's name? Omniscience and all the jazz which goes with it.

Gods are busy beings. Maybe they also watch over other planes of existence and they're having catastrophes. If a God takes over Noah, I'm not going to be the one to question what he knows and not knows. Just gonna nod my head and do what I'm told.

  • Like 4
Link to comment
  • Site Moderator
47 minutes ago, astone2292 said:

Gods are busy beings. Maybe they also watch over other planes of existence and they're having catastrophes. If a God takes over Noah, I'm not going to be the one to question what he knows and not knows. Just gonna nod my head and do what I'm told.

Well, I'm nosier. :P

  • Like 3
  • Haha 1
Link to comment

I haven't done this in a long time, but the story is published and my anxiety level just rocketed to the moon.  Off to the next chapter.

  • Love 2
Link to comment
7 hours ago, raven1 said:

I haven't done this in a long time, but the story is published and my anxiety level just rocketed to the moon.  Off to the next chapter.

Teehee! Just make sure you don't mention my book to your heart doctor. I don't need to be put on some secret banned book list in the medical community. 

  • Haha 1
Link to comment

Never saw that one coming! WTH!  Somewhere I seem to remember That Stefan came to the library looking for information about shadow and divinity affinities.  Hmmm.  Will this be something that just happens to Vincent, or does this become something he can control?  That will be interesting to explore.  And what is the reason for such divine intervention?  Especially from the god of balance.  Never a dull moment with you.

Oh yeah, Kaplan coming out to Cyrus was cool too!  May he start to know the love he's been so starved for.

  • Love 2
Link to comment
1 hour ago, Quixo said:

Never saw that one coming! WTH!  Somewhere I seem to remember That Stefan came to the library looking for information about shadow and divinity affinities.  Hmmm.  Will this be something that just happens to Vincent, or does this become something he can control?  That will be interesting to explore.  And what is the reason for such divine intervention?  Especially from the god of balance.  Never a dull moment with you.

Oh yeah, Kaplan coming out to Cyrus was cool too!  May he start to know the love he's been so starved for.

Dull moment with me? This is Vincent's problem. He's the one who's getting bodynapped. 😂 Must be important for a god of order needs to step in!

  • Like 1
Link to comment

Darn it, serves me right, wake up in the middle of the night, decide to finish the chapter I was reading, and bang!. Now I need to read the next one, wife is going to be pissed that I didn’t come back to bed, oh well.

  • Love 1
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
7 hours ago, Phredd2 said:

Darn it, serves me right, wake up in the middle of the night, decide to finish the chapter I was reading, and bang!. Now I need to read the next one, wife is going to be pissed that I didn’t come back to bed, oh well.

Maybe she should start reading too 😏 (just kidding... maybe).

Great comment to wake up to! 

  • Love 1
Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..