Jump to content
    CLJobe
  • Author
  • 4,155 Words
  • 1,890 Views
  • 8 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Home Away From Home - 27. Chapter 27

The flight was nice, it took a little over 2 hours. We landed to a waiting limo, the driver put our bags in the trunk and we were off to our hotel. After checking in, we had the driver to take us to the University, I was anxious to see it. It wasn’t a big school. There was a very impressive main building and two long detached buildings, one on each side. As we entered the main building, we were met by a lady who introduced herself.

“I have been asked to show you around Mr.Wyman. My name is Ellen DeFoe and I’m in charge of admissions. We have prepared a lunch where you can meet the rest of the faculty. Needless to say, they are very anxious to meet you.”

“Thank you Miss DeFoe. I’d like to introduce you to my wife, Rita, my son Anthony and his partner Carlo. This is a good friend, Chet, who is involved in a business venture with my wife, and these two gentlemen and lady are our security personnel.”

Miss Defoe acknowledge us and I watched for any indication of displeasure when I was introduced as Anthony’s partner. There was none.

She led us to the cafeteria, indicating the various rooms as we passed them. It was obvious the first floor of this building was mainly offices for staff and various administrative offices. Anthony asked where the class rooms where, she indicated on the second and third floors. “Our classes here are not the typical class. We have no lecture halls, although we do have larger class rooms in the adjacent buildings. Occasionally, we have guest speakers or one of the staff may wish to do a presentation to a larger group. Class sizes are kept small which provides more direct involvement between instructor and students.”

“You mention instructor.”

“Yes, instructors here hold pHD’s in their field of expertise and some hold that degree rank in more that one field of study.”

“What is the normal class size?”

“They will vary. Our smallest this term is five and our largest is 11. We like to keep them small and prefer no class larger than 12. Here is our cafeteria and our Dean, Dr. Paul Richards, I believe you spoke to him.”

“Yes, I did. I look forward to meeting him.”

As we entered the cafeteria, I noted some students eating and an older man approaching dad with a smile on this face. “Mr. Wyman, I’m Dean Richards, I believe we spoke on the phone.”

“Yes, Dean we did. Please call me Tony, all my friends do.”

I thought to myself, smooth Dad.

“Let me introduce you to the rest of our staff.” We followed behind Tony and Rita like a pack of dogs. I noticed several of the students looking at us and then whispering.

I saw a few girls chuckling, “Chet, new meat.”

He swatted me on the back of my head. The girls broke out laughing. After we had met all of the faculty, we were invited to have lunch. “Guys, let’s grab a tray and then move among the students and find out what this place is really like. Dad and Mom can handle the snow jobs.”

Just as we approached the serving line, a student was there in front of us. “My name is Carlo and we are thinking about applying here. Can we chat while we eat?”

“Sure, my name is Joe and I’ll be glad to give you the skinny.”

“Well, you can start telling us what is good and what we should avoid.”

“Actually all the food is good. My sister goes to another university and she is always complaining about the food.”

We followed him through the line. There was a great variety, but not much, which meant they had to restock often. That was a good sign that the food was fresh. Puppy and I had a bowl of soup and a salad. I saw Chet load down on a hamburger that would have made 2 of McDonalds. I didn’t watch what the others took. “Chet take that table by those two girls and see what information you can get. David you and Larry split up and Emily the way those boys by the window are looking at you, go for it. Try and get as much information as possible about staff as well as teaching methods. Anthony and I are going to check out the homophobes.”

And that is what we did. We followed Joe to a table and we had no sooner sat down than another young man joined us. “Carlo, this is boyfriend Roy.”

“Nice to meet you Roy. This is my boyfriend, Anthony.”

I smiled at Puppy. “To be honest with you Joe, my intent was to check out the homophobe index. But I think you solved that problem.”

“One of the reasons I enrolled here instead where my sister went is the lack of homophobes. I even think some of the profs are gay.”

“Tell us about the school, do you like it, how does it compare to other schools you investigated. We attend a university close to my home. I’m on a scholarship so I didn’t check out any other schools. Anthony enrolled at the same school to be near me.”

I saw Joe smile, “You did the same, Joe?”

He just nodded his head. “I did checked out other schools and my dad really wanted me to go to the same school as my sister. But I hate big classes, I think I have a phobia about being in a lecture hall with 100 kids. To me that isn’t learning. No chance to ask questions except in what they refer to as a study group which is usually headed by a grad student. When I looked at the brochure for here, I knew this is where I wanted to go. My largest class is 7, and we enter into dialogue with the professors.”

“That sounds great. I have two years of chemical engineering and would like to finish. What are my chances here?”

“They are good. Math is the same all 5 years so everyone enrolled attends math class, Science is taught by two professors, if you believe the grapevine, they taught at major universities back East. Engineering is general for the first two years and then specialized over the next three years All degrees require 5 years of instruction. I think your dad can get a bio on all of the professors. So you can check out backgrounds.”

“How about Anthony, he wants a career as a doctor can he get the courses he will need?”

“Actually, my father is a doctor. He has an undergraduate degree in engineering. He said that the medical school accepted him over several premeds. Something about the logic and scientific background, I didn’t understand it but he’s a medical doctor.”

“How are the dorms?”

“Finish and we’ll show you. You can sit in on a class also. Knowing your father, you probably can do anything you want.”

I was bothered about that statement, “Joe, I know you meant that in jest. But I’m not my father. His business is not mine. I don’t want, deserve or need special considerations. I want to be treated like a normal student, no special favors.”

“I’m sorry if I insulted you. I was trying to be funny.”

“Ok, all is forgotten.” Joe did take us to his and Roy’s dorm room. They were fairly large, each had a private bathroom, there was a closet, two single beds, two desks and two chest of drawers.”

“What do you think Puppy, would you be comfortable here?”

“Yes, it is smaller than the apartment but it’s cozy. There isn’t a kitchen.”

“My mother is teaching Anthony to cook the food I like. And he’s very good. I wouldn’t want to miss those meals.”

“Actually, there are married student dorms which according to my understanding include besides a bedroom, a small living room and a kitchen.”

Puppy’s eyes lit us, “I think I’d like to see one if possible.”

“They are for married students and you’re not married.”

“Maybe he’ll have to use his pull. And when you taste Anthony’s cooking you’ll want to visit often.”

“He’s that good.”

“Yes, he’s that good. Graduate of Momma’s Cooking School. Momma is a rated first class Italian chef.”

“Well, if that’s the case then maybe I’ll figure out a way for you to get a married suite.”

“Not to change the subject, can you show us a class room?”

“I’ll do one better, I’ll talk to prof and see if he’ll let you sit in.”

“That would be fantastic.”

As we were leaving the dorm building, we met Chet. “Hey, we just tour the men’s dorm. This is Joe and Roy. They’re going to see if we can audit their class. What’s up with you?”

“This is Susan and she was going to give me a tour of the dorms as well. She said her boyfriend was out of town but she has his key.”

“Hi Susan, I’m Carlo and this is my boyfriend Anthony. It’s nice to meet you. We’ll check with you later, Chet. Do you know where Larry, David and Emily are?”

“The last I have seen them they were talking to your dad in the cafeteria.”

“Thanks.”

As we were walking past the admin building I looked into the cafeteria’s window. Dad was laughing and it seemed he was having a good time. I waved and Larry saw me, gave me the sign to wait. “Hey what’s up.”

“Where have you been?”

I knew he was concerned, “Larry, this is Roy and Joe. They just showed us a dorm room and now we are heading to audit one of Roy’s classes. Do you want to come with us or wait for us in the cafeteria?”

“If it’s ok, David and I would like to tag along.”

I looked at Joe, “Possible?”\

He nodded yes and so we all went to his next class. The class we attended was an economics class. Joe introduced us to the prof, he extended his hand greeting us and ask us to sit anywhere. I was amazed at the size of the class room. Our kitchen in the apartment was bigger. We sat at the further end of the table letting the class sit closer to the prof. There was no bell signaling the start of the class, when the last student arrived, class began. A give and take started, the prof announced a topic and then discussion took place. I noted several students taking notes and some had their laptops open and where taking notes there. Just before the class was over the Prof asked us for our opinion. Larry and David gave their perspective, based on their time in the service. Emily spoke about the subject from a woman’s view and Anthony commented on our views. We ended up in a discussion and we lost track of time. A knock on the door, ended the class.

“What did you think of the class?”

“I liked it. It was hard to stay quiet. You just wanted to jump in. I think I like this. But how does he grade, are there exams, papers, what? There has to be a way to indicate a pass or fail situation.”

“The exams for this class will be a written essay. Exams for math will be math. It depends on the subject. Exams are given at the end of the term, there's only one, fail and you're asked to reconsider your enrollment. Fail two and you'll be asked to enroll somewhere else. The first year is more lenient, since freshman are not generally use to this type of class room.”

“Roy, Joe, thanks for all of your information and patience. I hope we’ll see you shortly. Larry, where did they tell you to meet them?”

“In the Dean’s office in the Admin Bldg.”

Walking into the admin building, we found the door marked Dean, we knock, waited a few seconds, then opened the door and entered. A secretary came out of an inner office and invited us in. Mom and dad along with Chet were comfortably sitting, drinking coffee.

“It’s about time you joined us what do you think?”

“Two students allowed us to pester them to show us around. We saw the dorms, Anthony was sad he didn’t see a kitchen, then we audited a class. I had a hard time keeping my mouth shut, every time I wanted to say something, Anthony would kick me. I’m so use to lecture, test, lecture, test that I was literally jumping in my seat to participate.”

“Which class did you audit?”

“Economics”

“Professor Abrams?”

“Yes.”

“He’s one of the best in the world. He was instrumental in a country’s economic reform and had a large influence on monetary evaluations based on that country’s productivity. We were lucky to get him. He wanted out of the head lights, as he calls it. We provided that opportunity.”

“I don’t want to seem impertinent Dean, but why is the school not able to flourish. It would seem that any serious student would jump at the chance to go here. The freedom of expression in the classroom, the ability to express oneself without ridicule is priceless. Try that at my university and I would be asked to leave.”

“There are several factors that have resulted in the financial burden your father has remedy. First, we have no sport programs therefore we are not in a position to offer scholarships. We pay above norm for our teaching staff. Many of our professors could earn a small fortune at large universities from consulting alone. Although we try to make up for that with a higher pay and some additional benefits such as free housing, it puts a burden on the school. We can only charge so much in tuition or parents will insist their children go to a different school. We operate in a very small niche market. In this university, we have 500 students. Compare that to the student enrollment in your university.”

“Dad, I’m glad you did what you did. If we can get the right courses, I’d like to go here. Right Carlo?”

“Anyplace you go, I’ll be there.”

“Dean, I have taken up enough of your time. Shall we meet for dinner at 6:30?”

“Yes, that will be fine. Boys do you need any further information?”

“Yes, sir, may we have brochures, courses offered and names of teaching staff by course?”

“Certainly I’ll get my secretary to pull all of that together for you. I see you prefer tea and not coffee, do I take it you are not coffee drinkers.”

“Yes, we prefer tea and Carlo’s favorite tea is Earl Grey, the tea of royalty.”

“Good boy, my favorite as well.”

I hadn’t realize that the secretary left until she came in handed Anthony a packet. He thanked her with a smile.

Finishing our tea, we decided to check in at the hotel and take a cool dip in their pool before dinner. As we drove off the grounds, Dad pointed out the homes of the staff. I was thinking it would be nice to live in one of those instead of the dorms, but that would mark us as snooty. If we could get a married dorm, that would be perfect. Otherwise, a dorm like Joe and Roy’s would be ok with a bigger bed.

Dad checked us in, the rooms were nice size, our room had two queen size beds and a rather large shower. I was wondering how the sleeping arrangements would work out. Larry and David knocked on our door, Anthony opened it. “We are staying here with you. And don’t get any ideas.”

“Now what kind of ideas could we get from you. Just remember we’re underage, so no screaming cause we don’t want the police checking out this room.”

“I doubt that could happen. You probably could show us something new.”

“What is that you have Puppy?”

“Massage oil, can you give me a massage before we sleep?”

“Sure, you a little tense.”

“I think the last few days are catching up to me.”

“Let’s go swimming and after dinner I’ll give you a massage.” I got a smile in return. I saw out of the corner of my eye, David looking at Larry with a smirk.

We checked out the pool, there was no one there. Going into the dressing room, we changed into our speedo’s. The pool felt great, we swam leisurely, no racing, in some cases just a lazy float. We let the water relax us, floating with our eyes close, until someone dunked us. Sputtering, there was David and Larry laughing. I kept David’s attention as I saw Anthony swim behind David and pull his feet out from under him, down he went. Then dunking was all out on. Eventually Puppy and I had to leave, it got so that we were on the bottom more than the top.

Took a shower, dressed and headed to our room. On the way to the elevator, we saw dad and waved. He waved us over and introduced us to Dr. Rawlings. “Dr. Rawlings is the medical director for the University. We were talking about the University’s capability to provide for a med student.”

“It’s a pleasure to meet you Dr. Rawlings. I’ll essentially be in my first year, I just want to make sure they have the courses that will enable me to attend medical school.”

“When you enroll, let me know and I’ll sit down with you and put together a five year course study.”

“That would be fantastic. Thank you very much.”

“I’m very please Puppy, I like it here and I think we’ll do well. Why aren’t you happy? You were very happy a few minutes ago and now sad. What's wrong?”

“We don’t know if you will be able to get your degree.”

“Don’t worry about that. I can always get a degree in another field.”

“But it isn’t fair. You were looking forward to that engineering degree and now you won’t be able to get one.”

“We don’t know that for sure. I need to check the catalogue against the courses I haven’t taken. Anyway, you’re way more important than a degree.”

“You always want me to be happy, I want you to be happy too. This is a joint deal, you keep me happy and my job is to keep you happy.”

“Puppy, you have no idea how happy you make me. Just being you, makes me the happiest man alive. To think, I almost passed this up because I was afraid to commit and have you decide I wasn’t the one. What a fool I would've been. I’ve never been happier with you in my arms.”

That led to one of his toe curling kisses. I'd dig ditches just to make sure he was happy and had everything he wanted. I now understood why my dad works so hard to provide a few comforts for my mother. Devotion and love carry a burden, but if you’re loved back, that burden turns to be a blessing, and I was truly blessed.

Dinner was nice, nothing fancy but good. “Have you boys decided to enroll?”

“Yes, actually I have decided after talking with Dr.Rawlings. But Carlo needs to think a little more. He was working toward a degree in chemical engineering. So we need to see if he can finish here at the University.”

“And if he can’t?”

“Carlo and I are life partners. It’s important to me as it’s important to him that we finish what we have laid out as our life goals. Carlo has told me he’ll do anything to make sure I obtain my medical degree. I’ll do anything to make sure he'll obtain his degree as well. May sound crazy, but what’s a life partner, if you're not wiling to make sacrifices for each other.”

I was stunned when I heard what Puppy said. I understood my love and devotion to him, now I understood his devotion and love to me, fully. No questions, no doubts.

“I don’t think you have to give up either’s dream. In fact, I’d bet when you compare the classes you need against the course book, you’ll find everything you need. In most technical schools, engineers take a semester or year of other engineering specialities. Here it’s all intermix. You won’t graduate as a chemical engineer, you will graduate as an engineer with a broad background that will enable you to fill any engineering requirement.”

“Don’t forget you have a 5 year internship with my company to complete upon graduation.”

“As my father-in-law it will be more like a life time internship.”

Dinner was pleasant. Rita looked lovely as always, Chet was amusing and I think played footsie with Emily. David and Larry just listened. Thinking of them, I know they have degrees but I don’t know in what subjects. Need to pursue that.

Riding up in the elevator, “Still want your massage?”

“Yes, if you don’t mind.”

“Ok when we get to the room you take a shower. I’ll get the towels and you can get ready. I’ll need to wash my hand and then I’ll give you a massage.”

Anthony took a shower, I fixed the bed, laying a large towel down over the sheet. I went into the bathroom to wash my hands, “Puppy, this is what we’re going to do, After the massage, I want you to lay facing Larry and David. I’ll pretend to lay down behind you. Pull up the sheet to cover us, then I’m going to slip out of the bed and go to the bathroom. You start saying, No Carlo, it’ll hurt. You’re too big. Play like I want to enter you but you don’t want it. When they get up or turn on the light, I’ll come out of the bathroom and ask them what were they trying to do to you. Let them make fun of my massage.”

That was what we did. I noticed Larry and David watching me massage Puppy. I focused on his shoulders and upper back, that’s where I found the tension. “You’re very tense. There are quite a few knots that need to be worked out. What caused this stress?”

I just got a hmmmm from Puppy. I kept glancing towards Larry and David. David was hovering over Larry watching me. “How does that feel Puppy?”

“That's so good. You have magic in your hands. Let’s go asleep.”

I turned out the light as we planned I spooned Puppy. “Ready?” He nodded. I quietly slipped out of bed and crawled into the bathroom. Then I heard Puppy.

“No Carlo. It’s too big. It’ll hurt. Please Carlo, no.” Puppy started to sniffle like he was crying. “Carlo, stop you are hurting me. Please take it out.”

The light snapped on David was standing in front of the bed in his shorts which were a little tented. That was my cue. I open the bathroom door. “What the hell is going on in here? David, why are you standing there with tented shorts? Why was Anthony yelling and crying? What the hell is going on?”

I looked at Puppy, he was cracking up. David almost shit his pants and Larry’s eye were bugging out. David was trying to talk but all that came out of his mouth was “Nothing, nothing, nothing.”

I couldn’t hold it any longer, I started to laugh and so did Puppy. We laughed so hard, I had tears running down my face. I was afraid I was going to pee my pants. Puppy ran pass me, I think he thought he was going to wet the bed, he no sooner entered the bathroom when I heard him taking a piss. Once David knew it was a joke, he sat down on the floor and started to breathe in and out. Larry was still perplexed.

“Next time you make fun of my massages, I’ll film this escapade.”

“This is a joke?”

“Yes, I slipped out of bed, while Puppy played his lines to see which one of you perverts would answer and help him out. Now David, tell us what you planned on doing? Pull me off with my cock hanging out? No don’t answer that, in some ways you did ok. Come on lay down on your belly and I will treat you to a back massage, your next Larry.”

Puppy came back and climb in bed. He watched me give David and Larry a massage. I put them to sleep. I went and took a shower and surprisingly I was joined by Puppy. Showers with Puppy always ended in a commitment of our love.

Copyright © 2020 CLJobe; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 18
  • Love 11
  • Haha 1
  • Wow 1
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

Great chapter. Everyone seems happy with the new university. Let's hope they do the courses that Carlo and Anthony need.

  • Like 4
Link to comment
57 minutes ago, chris191070 said:

Great chapter. Everyone seems happy with the new university. Let's hope they do the courses that Carlo and Anthony need.

I think since Anthony has bought the school, they will make accommodations for Carlos to get a degree in engineering but not a degree in Chemical Engineering, if I understand the Dean correctly

  • Like 5
Link to comment
44 minutes ago, weinerdog said:

Good chapter.Are there universities like this one?

I believe there are small universities that operate like this one, but they are very expensive and quite exclusive. Just don't ask me to name them. I do know when I was looking at universities there were some small schools associated with various religions.

  • Like 5
Link to comment

Excellent chapter, I hope that both by their courses sorted the guards are in for bit of a ride

  • Like 4
Link to comment
4 minutes ago, mikedup said:

Excellent chapter, I hope that both by their courses sorted the guards are in for bit of a ride

I think the guards are getting to be close friends, which is okay, as long as they don't forget their responsibilities.

  • Like 3
Link to comment

Larry and David got a lesson I don't think they will forget...

The school sounds too good to be true, they should jump at the chance to go there!

  • Like 1
Link to comment
11 minutes ago, Daddydavek said:

Larry and David got a lesson I don't think they will forget...

The school sounds too good to be true, they should jump at the chance to go there!

I think they. will go there.  Nor many other choices considering Tony owns it 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..